PDA

View Full Version : CT Laser Grips for T-9/T-40?

DMR
09-11-2012, 06:47 PM
We last highlighted this in 2010 in another thread, but I asked CT again today if they are going too:

At this time Crimson Trace does not have plans to produce a Lasergrip to fit the Kahr T-9 in the near future. However we do get periodic requests for this model, and we are continually adding new Lasergrip models to our product line based on customer demand.

We do record "Future Model Requests" and submit our findings to our design team quarterly for review. We encourage you to add your vote to what you would like to see Crimson Trace develop in the future, please use our "Future Model Request" form located here: http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Support/RequestNewModels/tabid/170/Default.aspx

I submitted, anyone else?

K9_Two_Tone
09-11-2012, 08:47 PM
DMR - My guess is that it is unlikely that Crimson Trace will ever make lasergrips for T9s and T40s. It must cost a fortune to engineer and produce such a grip. I doubt that enough T9s/T40s are sold to justify the expense.

That being said, LaserLyte recently discontinued their Kahr laser rear sight replacement sets. They fit newer Kahr 9mm, 40 cal. and all 45 cal. Kahr slides. They work well and many stores still have them in stock. On the plus side, you can continue use your factory Kahr wooden grips and standard holsters. On the minus side, they look somewhat "funky" and one activates the laser via a button on the rear of the sight.

I have both types for my Kahr K9 and prefer LaserLyte's rear sight laser over Crimson Trace's lasergrip. The stock Kahr rubber grip is far more comfortable than Crimson Trace's hard plastic one.

FLBri
09-12-2012, 06:31 AM
I submitted ... and would be a buyer