PDA

View Full Version : new here and a new kahr owner

pawpaw
09-12-2012, 12:23 PM
hey all. great forum. i'm a new member and just bought my 1st kahr (cw9). it will replace my lcp as my edc as the weather cools. what a nice little gun, especially for the price. i took it for it's 200 round break in last weekend. i ran 100 rounds speer lawman fmj, 50 remington umc fmj, 50 wwb fmj and 50 black hills jhp through it without 1 problem. it seems it will eat whatever you feed it. i think i'm gonna keep black hills +p jhp in it for edc. black hills has been so clean and consistant in all my guns over the years. i can't remember ever having a single problem with it. any of you guys have a different opinion of it?
anyway, you have a great forum full of very knowledgeable people and i'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

RedRyder
09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Hey glad you're here. I've got the P9 and it's the love of my life. I can carry it all day in Don Hume holster and never know it's there. I worry sometime if I needed it - WOULD I REMEMBER I'VE GOT IT.

Ammo seems to be a very personal issue for those on forum if you haven't noticed already. I'm not a fan of +P so use the Winchester Ranger in 147gr and it has performed flawlessly.

My P9 has never had the first hiccup and I'm sure you'll find pretty much the same with your new CW9.

Enjoy the forum and welcome:D

jocko
09-12-2012, 12:43 PM
welcome aboard. IMO u stick with the defense ammo that u feel good about. Kahrs are not ammo sensitive so stick with what ur using. Its all about ur comfort zone to. U will get a 100 different ammo options from this forum, all are good but it all boils down to total reliability also.

Bawanna
09-12-2012, 12:46 PM
It pains me to say thing but exactly what they said. If it works for you, it's the perfect ammo for you. All about confidence.

Glad you found us.

Now I gotta find something to slam Jocko on to make up for agreeing with him on anything. This was painful.

forestranger
09-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Welcome and yep, the CW9 is a great little gun. Black Hills makes some good ammo. I've used their 115 EXP and 124XTP +P in mine. Avg velocities were 1188fps and 1178fps respectively.

socialwork911
09-12-2012, 03:23 PM
welcome..you find some friendly and helpful people here

jocko
09-12-2012, 03:29 PM
It pains me to say thing but exactly what they said. If it works for you, it's the perfect ammo for you. All about confidence.

Glad you found us.

Now I gotta find something to slam Jocko on to make up for agreeing with him on anything. This was painful.

I would never slam my good ol buddy, never, would fight till I die before I would ever even think of doing such a thing to my bud. I agree with u 100% of the time even, just the way my dad raised me to respect people with mental issues, for they know not why they sh!t their pants, so why hold it against them.

Alittle bit hurt here great one, not alot but alittle. I will get over it. No horse head is needed for I have heard that u just mount them on ur wall and then brag about shootin a big bull elk with no antlers:hurt:

jocko
09-12-2012, 03:31 PM

and ol jocko certainly is one of them, never a bad word out of his mouth,never a negative thing spoken. The only forum member whose post count goes backward:eek:

Just sayin

JFootin
09-12-2012, 04:14 PM
pawpaw, you've just been introduced to two of the most beloved characters around here: Bawanna and jocko. Don't pay their jabs any mind. They really love one another! :p (Not in any mano a mano kinda way.)

jocko
09-12-2012, 04:43 PM
checks in the mail JFootin!!!

socialwork911
09-12-2012, 05:23 PM
pawpaw, you've just been introduced to two of the most beloved characters around here: Bawanna and jocko. Don't pay their jabs any mind. They really love one another! :p (Not in any mano a mano kinda way.)
and jfootin is knowledgable too..he'll give good info too

pawpaw
09-13-2012, 09:22 PM
i figured that out b4 i ever bothered to join. thanks to all u guys