PDA

View Full Version : CW9 recoil spring in K9?

ruchik
09-14-2012, 01:49 PM
I've got a spare, brand new recoil spring for my CW9 rolling about somewhere, and I was wondering if I could drop it in my K9 with no adverse effects?

jocko
09-14-2012, 03:29 PM
count the coils on each. u can go to wolffs gunsprings and order all the K9 springs u want at a very good price. Just sayin.

ripley16
09-14-2012, 05:26 PM
I beleve it's the same spring for the P9, CW9 and K9.

jocko
09-14-2012, 05:40 PM
u might be right but I wonder why wolffls has not pcke dup on this and listed that spring for the P and cw series. Just sayin

Tslepebull
09-16-2012, 08:20 AM
I just emailed Wolf last week and asked if the CW9 used the same spring set as the K9. The Wolf web site lists the K9 but not the CW9. Their response was that they had not gotten a CW9 to test yet and asked me if I could provide the length, number of coils, and weight of the CW9 spring.

The spring in my CW9 is flat coil and the spring in my K9 is round coil but I don't know if the K9 spring is stock or not (I bought the gun used). It seems logical that they would use the same spring as the barrel length and slide weight is very similar.

ripley16
09-16-2012, 10:54 AM
The spring in my CW9 is flat coil and the spring in my K9 is round coil but I don't know if the K9 spring is stock or not

All of my K sized guns, and both T sized for that matter, have the same spring, (except for length in the T models of course). What do you mean when you say a "flat spring". That term conjures up a totally different idea in my head from the round springs I see in my guns. Can you post a picture of the flat spring please.

LorenzoB
09-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Do you mean the last coil is closed "flat", or are you saying each coil is flattened?

sharpetop
09-17-2012, 04:05 PM
I thought Wulff made all the Kahr springs. Anyhow, I've got a K series recoil spring [from Wulff] in my CW9 and it works fine.

Tslepebull
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
The wire the spring is made of is cylindrical in cross section (like a garden hose) in the K9 and flat in cross section (like a leaf spring) the CW9. Both springs are coiled around the guide rod in the same way.

wyntrout
09-17-2012, 06:46 PM
I was about to add a recoil spring for my P40 to my Kahr spare parts order and thought about my Wolff springs. I think that I have several K9 springs that will probably work in the P40... maybe even another 5-lb striker spring. I just put one in my P380 and PM9... lighter and smoother... maybe. I had a 3-pack of those.

I haven't seen anything but round coil springs. I've seen ads for flat springs for other pistols, but not Kahrs.

Wynn:)