PDA

View Full Version : The new newbie in FL

megamanfan
09-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Hey all, just wanted to say hi and tell you a little about myself. I'm 20 and newly married. I am working in insurance and love to go shooting with my wife and friends. I am waiting to turn 21 so I can obtain my CCW. I am planning on getting a 9mm Kahr (don't know if I'm going to go with the CM or CW). Well that's about it. I am looking forward to learning a lot from you all so don't let me down :p

Now for my noob question:
What’s the difference between the Kahr CW9 and the CM9? The only thing I can see is the size :confused:

Bawanna
09-17-2012, 10:22 AM
I was 20 once I think.

Size is about the only difference. Running gear and all are pretty much identical.

Welcome. I was 21 once too. I wouldn't mind going back, it was pretty cool at 21.

JFootin
09-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Welcome to the forum! :) There is a wealth of valuable information in the New Member Area (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56) and the Kahr-Tech (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) sections of the forum.

Not to influence you in your gun choice :lie:, but check out my (Slideshow (http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/My%20Custom%20CM9/?albumview=slideshow))! :D

tv_racin_fan
09-17-2012, 11:55 AM
New new newbio... is that a new song coming on a new cd?

WELCOME!

I wonder why you would not mention or think of the Kahr K9? My wife prefers it to her CW9. One of these days I'mma get some Bawanna grips for a K9 or two.

Bawanna
09-17-2012, 11:57 AM
And he's hoping to make yall some one of these days if I ever figure em out.

megamanfan
09-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I wonder why you would not mention or think of the Kahr K9? My wife prefers it to her CW9. One of these days I'mma get some Bawanna grips for a K9 or two.

My wife likes to shoot but will not carry. She loves shooting my 22 rifle but that's as far as it goes. Maybe one day I will talk her into carrying a 22 on her but that may be a long time off.

tv_racin_fan
09-17-2012, 11:45 PM
My wife wasn't sure about it. I simply asked her would she shoot someone to defend herself, she said she wasn't sure. So I then asked her would she shoot someone to defend her children or grandchildren, there was absolutely no hesitation. I pointed out that that made no sense as if she wouldn't defend herself who did she think was going to be there to defend her children/grandchildren when she was gone. She had no hesitation in getting a gun she was comfortable with and her permit after seeing the logic in my remark.

Now I am not one to say that one should carry a 22. However IF that is what one wishes to carry I say go for it, a 22 you carry is better than a 45 you leave at home or in the car.

Not so long ago my son convinced me to purchase a hand grip for a shotgun. I installed it on my 870 and we took it to the range. We had aquired some Aquila mini shells and tried them out. The wife likes shooting that thing so much I had the LGS order up some of those minishells.

Not so long ago my son and I did some shopping and left the wife at home. As we were about to go inside the wife said now don't laugh at me but I got scared and got my gun when the dog started growling at something. We both kinda looked at her and said why would we laugh? THAT is exactly why you have the gun(s).

wyntrout
09-18-2012, 02:00 AM
I hope y'all are careful shooting that shotgun without a stock. Too many people haven't a clue about the recoil and regular ammo... resulting in busted faces!:eek:

Shooting the mini-shells and then REAL ammo can be a painful wakeup.

Wynn:)

tv_racin_fan
09-18-2012, 04:21 AM
Wyn you ought to try out some 3" magnums with that thing. We aint gonna do that again....

The wife was tryin to creep up with it a bit. Hadda remind her what that was going to feel like when she lost control. We find the trick is to hold it down where the elbow is bent at enough so the forearm is level to the ground then thrust it forward a bit and let it push the arm back instead of tryin to hold it in place. The mini shells dont run so good but she can tough her way thru them and if she needs it at home it'll have some reduced power loads in it.

wyntrout
09-18-2012, 07:39 AM
I got my Tactical 12-ga semi-auto and it has a pistol grip as well as a stock, but I'm still gonna have the stock pressed between my arm and body and hang on for any un-shouldered shooting. I only use Remington Express 00 buck in 2 3/4" shells so the magazine will barely hold 5 rounds... and the chamber is empty. I've only fired it at the skeet range and had to keep trying stronger and stronger loads until I was using a pretty stout trap load. Regular field loads or skeet loads are single action only... need lots of power to cycle the thing... made for heavy loads!

http://kahrtalk.com/picture.php?pictureid=312&albumid=32&dl=1307033250&thumb=1 Ghost ring sights with red FO front. I bought a flush cylinder choke to get rid of the aggressive door-buster for the skeet range, Some guys took issue with me using that at the range, but then decided the rule was against pistol-gripped ONLY shotguns. It's a Charles Daly import from Turkey. I got it strickly for Home Defense. It would be great if they made something like that to shoot the mini-shells... maybe hold a dozen rounds!

Wynn:)

340pd
09-18-2012, 04:53 PM
S**t . I have shoes that are twenty years older than you. Enjoy your Kahr.