PDA

View Full Version : Selling a Pistol?

jkalantzis
03-09-2010, 01:59 PM
As most of you know I am new to this wonderful new world of handguns. My question is if I decide to sell my PM9 how do I do it without having to ship it and is there any paperwork involved? Second question is how much do you think a month old PM9 with a stainless slide and stock sights should go for. I don't want to ask to much but I also don't need to be taken advantage of either. So I guess I'm looking for what you guys would think a fair price would be. Thanks again in advance for all the help I have received from this forum.

deadhead1971
03-09-2010, 02:19 PM
If ? I sounds like you already decided. :) Are U thinking gunbroker.com or an on-line auction? They will get a cut of the profits plus you have to typically include shipping in your price (the buyer expects it) plus FFL fees. It's a pain.

jkalantzis
03-09-2010, 02:26 PM
If ? I sounds like you already decided. :) Are U thinking gunbroker.com or an on-line auction? They will get a cut of the profits plus you have to typically include shipping in your price (the buyer expects it) plus FFL fees. It's a pain.

I think I would want to sell it to someone here in Fl that way I don't have to deal with that kind of headache.

Vinikahr
03-09-2010, 03:18 PM
You can sell it at gun show! No paper trail. And most likely you are able to sell it at asking price.:D

smithnsig
03-09-2010, 04:06 PM
As most of you know I am new to this wonderful new world of handguns. My question is if I decide to sell my PM9 how do I do it without having to ship it and is there any paperwork involved? Second question is how much do you think a month old PM9 with a stainless slide and stock sights should go for. I don't want to ask to much but I also don't need to be taken advantage of either. So I guess I'm looking for what you guys would think a fair price would be. Thanks again in advance for all the help I have received from this forum.

In Florida, you can sell FTF no problem. You do need to ask if they are barred from owning, or purchasing a handgun in Florida. You would at least need to verify residence. I ask for a valid DL (Florida), and a valid CWFL. If they got those, you are good to go.

What part of Florida are you in?

jkalantzis
03-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm from Cocoa Beach. Still no one has dared answer the how much should I ask for her.

Vinikahr
03-09-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm from Cocoa Beach. Still no one has dared answer the how much should I ask for her.

Negotiation normally start by the seller asking price. Then the buyer can counter offer. If you want to sell it really fast then sell for $500(if applicable plus S&H).

hsart
03-09-2010, 05:00 PM
There was a used PM9 exactly like yours here at a local gun range about six months ago. They started at $550 and after a few months sold it for $475. I was tempted but really am waiting for one with a DLC slide. When you get a figure you want let me know and I may be interested. I live a few hours away from you and have a FL CWP.

Bawanna
03-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Sounds like a happy ending to me. You can go to like Gunbroker and see what stuff is selling for, what's being asked etc etc. Alot of stuff varies regionally, what's in demand might not be on your coast.
Hope you guys get together.

wyntrout
03-09-2010, 05:51 PM
This is for walking around in a gun show and trying to sell anything -- guns, ammo, or whatever. Make two letter sized placards with twine to hold them in place like a small sandwich-board sign. Use Cardstock and print directly on it using a word processor -- large fonts and neat -- or cut posterboard or card board and tape the signs to the "boards". List what it is, maybe age/condition and price. Most people expect you to go down at least 10% in price... no matter how low you think you have it priced. So don't post your bottom-dollar price, but don't price yourself out of the market, either. If you walk around and see a better deal than yours, that's not good.
Don't make the board too busy, but a little bright high-lighting can help, but if everything is highlighted, nothing stands out and if it's too busy/wordy, no one has time to see what the heck it is your peddling.
let your conscience be your guide in selling it. No underage or "punks"... gangstas or whatever. Not everyone will want to provide ID. I've been lucky that I've never had anyone looking too "bad" or disreputable try to buy a gun from me. You can also sell it in the newspaper under sporting goods and list your phone number. You have to be wary about inviting people to your home, but I've done it after talking with potential buyers and getting a feel for them. Be careful, though, and be armed and keep control of your gun. It is somewhat risky, but I wouldn't take the "deal" your dealer is offering.
List it here and elsewhere on forums that are free, too.
Good luck.
Wynn:D

a.squibload
03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
To make it easy, start at $50. I'll be over to pick it up later! :>)

jkalantzis
03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
alright if anyone wants it and lives in Fl. it's up for sale. $525 and take her home. One month old PM9 purchased NIB stainless w/o n/s. Has 250 rounds through her and has performed perfect.:hungry:

wyntrout
03-10-2010, 09:40 AM
jkalantzis, you ought to say regular sights, not w/o n/s. That might confuse someone and cause more questions... or you could say "day sights". :D
I know how you feel... I have an SS slide P380N coming in and I really, really want DLC, but Gary of AGR says the DLC versions are 6 to 8 months out. <sigh>
I already feel like it's a stepchild... not particularly a wanted one, either -- 10 months 10 days waiting, so far.:rolleyes:
Anyone else trying to rationalize saving a few bucks and getting less than what they really want, should take heed and go for what they really want. It will save money and grief in the long run.
I hope you can get a decent price and sell yours soon. Are you shopping for the PM9044N, yet? I'm a buy now, pay later proponent, IF you can avoid paying interest.
Good luck.
Wynn:)

jkalantzis
03-10-2010, 01:06 PM
jkalantzis, you ought to say regular sights, not w/o n/s. That might confuse someone and cause more questions... or you could say "day sights". :D
I know how you feel... I have an SS slide P380N coming in and I really, really want DLC, but Gary of AGR says the DLC versions are 6 to 8 months out. <sigh>
I already feel like it's a stepchild... not particularly a wanted one, either -- 10 months 10 days waiting, so far.:rolleyes:
Anyone else trying to rationalize saving a few bucks and getting less than what they really want, should take heed and go for what they really want. It will save money and grief in the long run.
I hope you can get a decent price and sell yours soon. Are you shopping for the PM9044N, yet? I'm a buy now, pay later proponent, IF you can avoid paying interest.
Good luck.
Wynn:)
Wynn, my local gun dealer has several of every kind of Kahr in stock which makes it hard to stay out of there. I would just go buy the DLC right now but I don't want to end up with two PM9's. If I don't sell it this week I will probably go out and buy a PM40 DLC with N/S. That way if I can't sell mine I won't be stuck with two of the same.