PDA

View Full Version : Warranty in effect for used Kahr?

hsart
03-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Just wondering if the warranty is honored by Kahr for the second (or third) owner assuming it falls within the 5 year warranty period? Should a new owner register the purchase with Kahr?

Vinikahr
03-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Just wondering if the warranty is honored by Kahr for the second (or third) owner assuming it falls within the 5 year warranty period? Should a new owner register the purchase with Kahr?

They should but they won't if you are not the original owner.

hsart
03-09-2010, 05:18 PM
They should but they won't if you are not the original owner.
That's a bit shocking.

Vinikahr
03-09-2010, 05:21 PM
That's a bit shocking.

Reason for always buying a new gun!

Bawanna
03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
They warrantied an MK9 for me that wasn't mine at the time. They also repaired my purchased K40. NO questions and I never registered it either. I was even truthful on the MK9. Recovered from 45 feet of salt water in Puget Sound after 45 days. All new springs and small parts, included new plastic case like new with a factory new magazine no charge. Didn't shoot good, poly barrel had corroded, let them know I wanted to buy a barrel, they sent a new one free. Now it's a tack driver.
I wouldn't worry about service from Kahr.

Vinikahr
03-09-2010, 06:53 PM
They warrantied an MK9 for me that wasn't mine at the time. They also repaired my purchased K40. NO questions and I never registered it either. I was even truthful on the MK9. Recovered from 45 feet of salt water in Puget Sound after 45 days. All new springs and small parts, included new plastic case like new with a factory new magazine no charge. Didn't shoot good, poly barrel had corroded, let them know I wanted to buy a barrel, they sent a new one free. Now it's a tack driver.
I wouldn't worry about service from Kahr.

There was a recent poster in another thread that indicated that was charge for parts and repairs.

kahrbrian
07-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Any more experience her with USED Kahrs and warranties???

jocko
07-22-2010, 04:02 PM
There was a recent poster in another thread that indicated that was charge for parts and repairs.

to me that speaks highly of Kahr, to do all that on their nickel. kudos to them.