PDA

View Full Version : crimson trace

HeyGuysWatchThis
09-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm thinking about getting a CT laser for my CM9. Who carries this combo? Any comments, recommendations?

knkali
09-19-2012, 09:46 PM
I do not have that exact set up but I have 3 CT set ups and can answer questions if you need.

Bawanna
09-19-2012, 10:03 PM
I have one on my PM45. I like it. Great training aid and a blast to torment the cat.

They all basically are oriented the same. Many holsters to fit the laser. Doesn't negatively effect grip ay least to me.

sas PM9
09-20-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm thinking about getting a CT laser for my CM9. Who carries this combo? Any comments, recommendations?

HGWT:

Not exactly a CM9 but I really like my CT+PM9 combo.

It has helped my shooting immensely; you become much more conscious of your hand motions and shakes and you can work to overcome them.

HTH.

-steve

pm9fan
09-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Had one on a PM9 and moved it to my PM40. PM40 with a CT is my perfect pocket pistol and disappears in a waistband.

Just remember to have that spare mag in a pocket nearby.......

dirtkicker
09-20-2012, 05:12 PM
I have a CM9/CT setup. I like it. Remember, you'll need holsters to fit. There are plenty around though.

Alfonse
09-20-2012, 07:12 PM
I like mine on my PM9. I have to keep the screws tight so it doesn't move, but those little screws seem to be able to be tightened no problem.

MikeyKahr
09-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Love mine too, PM9+CT+SpareMag is my EDC.

nyc71
09-21-2012, 01:53 AM
I use my as a training tool.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/21/uvydaja4.jpg
Those round are for the range.

HeyGuysWatchThis
09-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Thanks, guys, I placed my order last night.

97harley
09-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Just bought a ct for my pm9 today at the local shop, on sale for 169 and included a pocket holster. My in the pocket desantis is the same size and of better quality and although sits a bit higher in the pocket still works fine with the cc. Can't wait to give it a try at the range, maybe Tues. Any expectations that I"ll have to adjust once installed?

les strat
09-21-2012, 10:39 PM
I have had my CT for my CM9 for over a year. I had one on an LCP before. They are great tools for pulling off shots in low light or if you had to do a shot from a postition where you could not aim. That said, I still practice mostly with the iron sights. It is hard to see the CT at much distance in bright daylight.

CT is a great company. They sent me a brand new replacement when I received mine DOA. Didn;t have to wait to send mine back first. They had a prepaid envelope for the DOA one in with my replacement. Good folks.

Here's a tip: CT says the laser is sighted in at 50 ft. I would adjust it in by eyeballing it to m atch with the sights at <21 ft (= self defense distances). You will quickly notice at closer distances, like 5 ft, the laser will be lower than your sights. This is because of the height of the barrel and sights above the laser. The point where you want these two to come together is where you should set it. Like I said, more in SD range, which is usually way closer than 50 ft. I have mine dialed in at 21ft. That way, I would be no more than 2" low at most is a SD situation. Hope that made sense or I didn't tell you something you already know.

BTW, Bear Creek Holsters made my horsehide holster to fit the CM9 with the CT. They did a fantastic job and are very affordable.