PDA

View Full Version : New P9 Blackdiamond

rpc
03-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Just bought a P9 for my carry gun. I am a little concerned about disassembely to lube before 200 round breakin. May need some help.

wyntrout
03-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Just bought a P9 for my carry gun. I am a little concerned about disassembely to lube before 200 round breakin. May need some help.
Welcome to the forum.
Just follow the manual and use the lube "chart" posted on this forum. Be sure and use the part of the manual for polymer-framed pistols. There's a big difference in take-down and uses the "witness marks" on the forward left side of the frame and slide. Don't put any, or much, oil in the striker channel... attracts gunk.
http://kahrtalk.com/kahr-tech/308-kahr-lube-diagram.html There's a lot of "help" in the Kahr-Tech section.
Congratulations and good luck and shooting with your new Kahr.
Wynn:)

Vinikahr
03-10-2010, 12:35 PM
What Wynn said!:typing::phone:
Welcome to the board!:33:
Congrats!:biggrin1:
Pics?:eek:

rkirk
03-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the new P9 and safe shooting. Kahrs are great pistols.

-- Richard

jocko
03-10-2010, 12:43 PM
um, kemo sabbi, heep big nice gun!!

jkalantzis
03-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I had the same concern before I took mine to the range. Actually I did't want to clean and lube it, I just wanted to go the the range and as Jocko would say shoot it like I stole it. However it was probably a good thing I took it apart and cleaned and lubed it first. Better to follow the book and have nothing go wrong than to not follow the book and have everything go wrong. Have fun and welcome to the forum. There is a great bunch of people here.

getsome
03-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Welcome rpc, Just think of Kahrtalk as being the TV show "Cheers" of shooting sites....Jocko runs the place, he is a good guy like Sam, sometimes a little cranky but an all around ok fellow...There is Wyntrout who is the Dr. Frazier Crane of the group, an intellectual and an aspiring political columnist.... there is Bawanna45 who is Norm, Just a big lovable ole teddy bear.... then there is Dietrich as Cliff Clavin (watch out for him he isn't normble, the man bakes nekid for Pete's sake) He might try and slip something in on you if you aren't careful.... And there is me/getsome I play Woody, (good looking but kinda slow) then we have our wonderful lady members, Ms. Zena and Ms. MX5fan not sure who plays Carla or Diane but it doesn't matter cause we love them both just the same....So as you can see, we are all just one big ole happy family here (a little crazy at times) but fun just the same.... So welcome again to Kahrtalk, the site where you are always glad you came and everybody knows your name......:cool:

Bawanna
03-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Welcome rpc, Just think of Kahrtalk as being the TV show "Cheers" of shooting sites....Jocko runs the place, he is a good guy like Sam, sometimes a little cranky but an all around ok fellow...There is Wyntrout who is the Dr. Frazier Crane of the group, an intellectual and an aspiring political columnist.... there is Bawanna45 who is Norm, Just a big lovable ole teddy bear.... then there is Dietrich as Cliff Clavin (watch out for him he isn't normble, the man bakes nekid for Pete's sake) He might try and slip something in on you if you aren't careful.... And there is me/getsome I play Woody, (good looking but kinda slow) then we have our wonderful lady members, Ms. Zena and Ms. MX5fan not sure who plays Carla or Diane but it doesn't matter cause we love them both just the same....So as you can see, we are all just one big ole happy family here (a little crazy at times) but fun just the same.... So welcome again to Kahrtalk, the site where you are always glad you came and everybody knows your name......:cool:

I think this is the most meaningful contribution I've seen in this place since the beginning. I'm awed by your descriptors and I think that's the nicest thing anyone ever said about me. I was just thinking about changing my screen name so I could make a new start, go where nobody knows my name, but how could I top this. For the record lovable, check, old, double check, bear, check big, missed the mark on that one. I'm just a little guy, wouldn't take no time to whoop my arse. Wouldn't even need to bring a lunch.
Now what's this thread about anyhow, oh welcome rpc. You'll like it here, don't mess with the girls and pet Mr. Jocko once in awhile and you'll be fine. Everything about Mr. Dietrich? All true. But we luv him like a pet iguana. Warning Will Robinson............

In-Yo-Grill
03-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Just ask Wynn...he like to be disassembled before lubing too.:boink::banplease:

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Speaking of Cheers, here's an explanation.
Wynn:D

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Just ask Wynn...he like to be disassembled before lubing too.:boink::banplease:

Dang, "Et tu, Brute?":eek:

And I was thinking I might need some more magazines and help my buddy.
Wynn:rolleyes: