PDA

View Full Version : Home and Play

Barth
09-28-2012, 04:38 AM
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo56/f8/7d/9c2ac45fb35b__1348827699000.jpeg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

Popeye
09-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Barth looks like you have it pretty well covered. :D

PattayaPistol
09-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Hey Barth,

Glad to see you throwing yourself right into the HK scene. It's interesting reading your preference for the P2K above the P30 over on HKPro. It's funny but about a year ago there was very little love for the P2K. Now it appears to be flavor of the month. You are finding yourself in good company there. I'm really happy with my 9mm P30 and P7M8, but would like an SK if they didn't run $5000 new here. I got my Les Baer for the same price they are asking for the SK. There are definitely some disadvantages to living in Thailand.

Enjoy the HK fun.

Cheers
PP

les strat
09-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Nice pair (never thought I'd be saying that to a guy.)

I have been keeping my Streamlight TRL1-s on my G30 for nightstand duty. I have been practicing with it a lot and can clear a room without sweeping someone. The splash off of the floor illuminates the whole room easily. It also has night sights and I use the G21 13-round mag with grip extension sleeve. I wouldn't want to carry it with the light in a holster for EDC though. Just too much bulk.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/KevinJenne/G30andTLR1s_zpse0130aaa.jpg

Barth
10-10-2012, 05:51 AM
Nice pair (never thought I'd be saying that to a guy.)

I have been keeping my Streamlight TRL1-s on my G30 for nightstand duty. I have been practicing with it a lot and can clear a room without sweeping someone. The splash off of the floor illuminates the whole room easily. It also has night sights and I use the G21 13-round mag with grip extension sleeve. I wouldn't want to carry it with the light in a holster for EDC though. Just too much bulk.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/KevinJenne/G30andTLR1s_zpse0130aaa.jpg

I feel the same way about carry with a light.
The P30 is small enough to carry without the light.
And the Surefire just snaps on and off the gun.
But the P2K is just a little bit smaller and more comfortable.
So the 13+1 40 cal P30, with the Surefire X300, will be my nightstand HD gun.
It's my first gun with a rail and tactical light.
Didn't think I would like it.
But I've really warmed up to it for house clearing in the dark.
Don't really want any other of my guns beside me when I sleep now.
These tactical weapon lights are for real.

Barth
10-15-2012, 01:37 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/77/HK45C_Threaded_Barrel.jpg/800px-HK45C_Threaded_Barrel.jpg

jlottmc
10-16-2012, 07:03 AM
I'll say it again here, you need a can. That front end just begs for a can, don't you think?

Barth
10-16-2012, 07:07 AM
I'll say it again here, you need a can. That front end just begs for a can, don't you think?

Shsssssss;
I'm trying very hard not to agree with you.
And I'm losing that fight.

jlottmc
10-16-2012, 07:43 AM
AAC has one that would not require taller sights. I think it was AAC. I think it was the sparrow model or the talon, but the majority of the bulk was under, and it was tombstone shaped. Pretty sure they could adapt that.

Barth
10-16-2012, 07:58 AM
AAC has one that would not require taller sights. I think it was AAC. I think it was the sparrow model or the talon, but the majority of the bulk was under, and it was tombstone shaped. Pretty sure they could adapt that.

LOL
I have some Big Dots in hand.
Going to convert from DA/SA to Light LEM removing the control lever and have the sights installed Thursday.
Was looking at the tall suppressor Heinie Sights.
But they are so tall that concealed carry would be an issue.

Was just trying to check if there are any suppressers that would work with standard sights.
But at work I'm blocked from any searching.

You're not making this any easier for me...

jlottmc
10-16-2012, 10:01 AM
They're out there. When you join us from home, look, like I said a tombstone shaped suppressor would be ideal. One other point, if you haven't done so already, go the trust route when dealing with the NFA. Makes things a little easier later.

Barth
10-16-2012, 11:00 AM
They're out there. When you join us from home, look, like I said a tombstone shaped suppressor would be ideal. One other point, if you haven't done so already, go the trust route when dealing with the NFA. Makes things a little easier later.

Understood, thanks!

jlottmc
10-16-2012, 12:07 PM
just trying to help some one else have fun too.