PDA

View Full Version : p9 covert?? urgent

jbaker
03-11-2010, 03:15 PM
i have a chance to trade my glock 19 for a real p9covert w/night sites my glock is pretty much stock , the p9 covert comes with 2 mags, ns, alessi iwb leather holster orig. box and papers. do you think this is a good trade what is the covert worth its 95%+ condition and there trijicon night sites. thanks for your help
ps im supposed to do this trade today so i really need info
ive had a pm9 in the past so im not totally new to kahrs

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
In my humble opinion, I'd jump all over it. G19's are a dime a dozen. The covert isn't made any longer, the night sights increase the value. You don't see them around very often. You can always get another Glock. The Glock is a fine weapon, make no mistake but they are everywhere.
I say go for it.

ripley16
03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
We were trying to figure out if Kahr actually made the P9 Covert. Ask if this is factory made or was it a custom job by the original owner.

How old are the sights? Useful life is 10 to 12 years.

A Glock goes for about $500, whereas the Kahr sells for about $600. If the gun looks good, then the deal sounds fine.

jbaker
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
We were trying to figure out if Kahr actually made the P9 Covert. Ask if this is factory made or was it a custom job by the original owner.

How old are the sights? Useful life is 10 to 12 years.

A Glock goes for about $500, whereas the Kahr sells for about $600. If the gun looks good, then the deal sounds fine.
i know this person its not just someone off the net. it is a real factory covert , and i thought about that i can get another glock not a covert. another ?though i also have someone who wants to trade me a pm45 so would you do pm45 or p9 covert both are local. 45 ammo is expensive though lol

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 03:50 PM
i know this person its not just someone off the net. it is a real factory covert , and i thought about that i can get another glock not a covert. another ?though i also have someone who wants to trade me a pm45 so would you do pm45 or p9 covert both are local. 45 ammo is expensive though lol

I'd definitely go the Covert. The jury is still out on the PM 45. Mr Wyn will be along shortly on that. I want a PM 45 myself, don't care about the cost of real bullets plus I reload but I'm gonna wait a bit and see if Kahr gets a few out first time without issues. I've never had issues with a new gun and it's too late for me to start that now. Plus I got very low patience levels, when I'm ready to go we go now!
I think the 500 dollar figure for a G19 is a bit optomistic too at least in my corner of the world. I could be wrong. I got a price quote yesterday for a G36 for 469 shiney and new? Yeah might have to do G36 while I wait for the PM45. Will I be kicked out of here if I do?

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I have to wonder whats so special about your Glock that everyone wants to trade for it? Are you famous and they are forseeing future value, I don't get it?:confused:

jbaker
03-11-2010, 04:08 PM
I have to wonder whats so special about your Glock that everyone wants to trade for it? Are you famous and they are forseeing future value, I don't get it?:confused:
i dont know but the kahrs are more expensive so im jumping on the covert i think if i get it ill take pics asap.

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Go forth, set the hook and bring that baby home. Pictures wood be good.

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 04:13 PM
I dont think you can go wrong on that deal. I'd love to get input from the Oracle. Mr Jocko???? Paging Mr. Jocko, where are you????? We seek your wisdom and/or confirmation of what we think is wisdom.
Ya got yer ears on good buddy, come back?:music:

ripley16
03-11-2010, 05:01 PM

Yes, my mistake...I was thinking of the K9.:der: The P9 Covert is not in question. My mistake.

Still... ask as to the age of the night sights, so you'll know their useful life.

Bawanna
03-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes, my mistake...I was thinking of the K9.:der: The P9 Covert is not in question. My mistake.

Still... ask as to the age of the night sights, so you'll know their useful life.

Hopefully they are really really old so you can knock em off and put XS big dots on it.

Vincent
03-11-2010, 11:30 PM
The sights will tell you when they need replacing.:D Get the gun....get it now. I wish Kahr still made this configuration.