PDA

View Full Version : CW9 'Spit & Polish' Job....

CW9 Shooter
10-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Reviewed a YT video about smoothing up Kahr actions and decided to try it on my new CW9. Actually, it was already a nice shooter, but I like to tinker and have always tried to get the best out of any gun. Dis-assembly was easy enough and studying how the parts intermingled and reacted with each other was interesting. I used a fine diamond hone to break sharp edges and smooth up the working surfaces, then finished with a hard Arkansas stone and Craytex. After cleaning everything, re-assembly was a cinch and I immediately felt a smoother working action, specially the trigger! Where there used to be a subtle hint of roughness or glitches has been replaced with that "hot knife through butter" feeling. Well worth the hour or so of work involved. :D

muggsy
10-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Reviewed a YT video about smoothing up Kahr actions and decided to try it on my new CW9. Actually, it was already a nice shooter, but I like to tinker and have always tried to get the best out of any gun. Dis-assembly was easy enough and studying how the parts intermingled and reacted with each other was interesting. I used a fine diamond hone to break sharp edges and smooth up the working surfaces, then finished with a hard Arkansas stone and Craytex. After cleaning everything, re-assembly was a cinch and I immediately felt a smoother working action, specially the trigger! Where there used to be a subtle hint of roughness or glitches has been replaced with that "hot knife through butter" feeling. Well worth the hour or so of work involved. :D

How about a link to the You Tube video?

Short Bus
10-24-2012, 05:34 PM
I would like a link also. I have the dreaded mod bug too, my cars never stay 100% stock.

CW9 Shooter
10-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Thought everyone saw this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1cDRE0mYdY