PDA

View Full Version : What and How Does Your Wife Carry?

Sage
10-31-2012, 10:20 AM
What and how does your wife carry or if you are a lady what and how do you carry. My wife usually carries a LCR .38 IWB wearing jeans or cargo pants. She sometimes carries a LCP in a sleeve in her pocket. On the rare occasions she wears a dress she carries the LCP in her purse.

Yogi 117
10-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Mine very seldom carries, but when she travels to her family's house in Moses Lake WA, she will take her 3" SS SP-101 loaded with Speer Gold Dot 135 grain +P Short Barrel version, along with a couple of speed loaders. She will carry it in her holster-pocketed purse, I just can't get her to wear a holster. When out & about in town, she refuses to carry, but always makes sure I'm carrying when I go with her. :D

JERRY
10-31-2012, 12:06 PM
ccw is a LWS32 in a pocket holster or iwb holster.

Bawanna
10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Mine carries a Smith 638 in her purse. Not sure why, I pity the poor bastard that ever tries to mess with her.

les strat
10-31-2012, 01:12 PM
My wife carries an LC9 in her vehicle, but I cannot get her to carry it on her for anything. She just won't inconvenience herself with it. Frustrates the crap out of me.

yqtszhj
10-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Soon to be her new Nano. She has inside car and purse worked out already. Now it's debating between an IWB or OWB holster, probably appendix style. We'll see...

downtownv
10-31-2012, 02:35 PM
:84:CW9 and she's deadly with it!

AIRret
10-31-2012, 04:20 PM
I carry my pm9 in an OWB blade tech eclipse behind my left hip, or in a PJ appendix style,
or when I'm wearing shorts with no belt I carry it in a "smart carry" holster. I normally use this holster in the appendix position. I also carry my LCR 357 in a flash bang holster or in a pocket. I'm not comfortable carrying in a purse.
When I'm driving I like to put my Sig 226 in a ramora holster wedged between the seat and the console with a baseball cap over the top.

Jeremiah/Az
10-31-2012, 09:33 PM
My ex carries a S/W model 60 in her purse. She never became comfortable with a semi. for carry.

Longitude Zero
10-31-2012, 09:58 PM
My ex carries a Glock 19. Happy she is my ex.....What was I thinking??????

JERRY
11-01-2012, 03:06 AM
so most women carry a gun in something that can be snatched away from them?

Charlie98
11-01-2012, 07:12 AM
My wife carries me, I carry a CW9, among other things.

TBH, if some criminal came upon my wife, they would probably run away wimpering with their tail between their legs... ;)

johnh
11-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Very good point on the purse being taken away from them, and one I make when teaching CCW classes. I am still working out how my wife will carry. I am sure it will at times be in the purse, but in general she will use a Crossbreed Supertuck.

Sage
11-01-2012, 09:04 AM
so most women carry a gun in something that can be snatched away from them?

Carrying in a purse is not ideal, but anyone can be separated from their gun. Though it may be rare it happens to policemen, federal agents and even soldiers.

Bawanna
11-01-2012, 09:20 AM
It's mostly an anatomy problem. Unlike us men, woman wear clothes that make them look nice and emphasize their assets and hide their flaws. Some of course are beautiful wearing a feed sack, others need a little help.

Garments to cover guns usually aren't part of the equation.

Carrying in a purse is not a great option but most woman are rarely separated from their purse. Finding the gun even with a special pocket might be a challenge. Walking the streets of NY city might be a totally different ball game. With us the bad thing will most likely be in the car or at a gas station. Possibly going into or out of a store, parking lot deal.

My wife rarely wears dresses anymore of a thigh holster might be the ticket. I looked at the flash bang at the last gun show but people started looking at me funny and I felt like I was in the boulder holder section at Macy's ya know.

In the video's they seem invisible, I'm wondering it it's really so or they look like they have a third DD ya know.

Might be one of them asset situations too, could end up looking like just one DD, not good.

340pd
11-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Maybe some help deciding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk&list=UUNn90bficsQbycHvrMBFdfw&index=61&feature=plcp

joshh
11-01-2012, 09:54 AM
mine not allowed to carry at work (teacher) but wants her ltc anyway so she can carry when jogging, shopping our is just out & about. gonna buy her a bodyguard380 and a remora holster for it. she is pretty small and doesnt wear loose jeans/pants so pocket & iwb are out but at least she could toss it in the pocket of a coat. maybe get her one of those waistband wraps for when she walks or jogs.

TD2K
11-01-2012, 01:30 PM
my MK9 is carried IWB at 3 o'clock, every day.

I think purse carry is a bad idea, and actually demonstrate that in my classes. I have someone count off seconds while I try to fish out my 'blue gun' from my purse. I grab wallet, keys, checkbook, etc before finally dumping ALL of the contents of my purse onto the floor and then grab the gun. Usually it takes 8-10 seconds. Tom Givens engrained into our little minds that we have 3.5 seconds to take care of a threat, or less.

Have your wife check out the Flashbang. I wore one for a presentation and it's really quite comfortable. Course, I can hide a freakin Desert Eagle under these DDDs, but even small women can conceal a decent sized firearm there. Lisa Looper (Looper Law Enforcement) has several different women's specific holsters. I can help your wives pick out something, or get you into contact with Lisa. We work pretty close together now since we co-facilitate the OKC A Girl & A Gun.

Bawanna
11-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm thinking a request for pictures would be out of the question here? Oh yeah, definitely out of the question, scratch the very thought from my thinking cap and vaporize it.

TD2K
11-01-2012, 02:11 PM
I'll show you mine if you show me yours

we are talking about guns, right?

Bawanna
11-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Well you certainly are darlin, who knows what the heck I'm talking about.

Tinman507
11-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Anyone notice the ladies on this forum have learned the art of the Double Entendre`?

gm412
11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Right now she only has the burden of carrying me. But I keep telling her she needs to learn to shoot and start carrying. It is just too dangerous in California not to carry.

Bawanna
11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Anyone notice the ladies on this forum have learned the art of the Double Entendre`?

Is that something that's curable with penicillin?

AIRret
11-01-2012, 04:11 PM

We invented IT! It just took you guys a while to catch on.

doublebarrel
11-01-2012, 04:15 PM
My wife carries a Ruger LCP in a flashbang holster.It has a strap that holds it to the center of her bra and the barrel end of the holster tucks under the bottom of the bra cup.Can't tell it is there and she can get to it real quick.

AIRret
11-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I originally bought the flash bang for a 38 special bodyguard but I didn't like the gun so I sold it and bought the Rugur LCR 357 and modified the flash bang so that the rugur fit.
I just heated the kydex with a hair dryer and slightly changed the mold. It works fine, even though looper probably wouldn't approve.
I like the flash bang option well enough that if they made one for the Kahr PM9 I would buy it. I emailed them months ago but never got a reply.

JERRY
11-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Carrying in a purse is not ideal, but anyone can be separated from their gun. Though it may be rare it happens to policemen, federal agents and even soldiers.

its easier to relieve somebody of their gun if its in a purse rather than on their person. its easier to access or defend if its on your person.

is it rare that a purse is snatched? depends on your locale, but she must do what she feels shes best at.

TD2K
11-02-2012, 05:50 AM
I originally bought the flash bang for a 38 special bodyguard but I didn't like the gun so I sold it and bought the Rugur LCR 357 and modified the flash bang so that the rugur fit.
I just heated the kydex with a hair dryer and slightly changed the mold. It works fine, even though looper probably wouldn't approve.
I like the flash bang option well enough that if they made one for the Kahr PM9 I would buy it. I emailed them months ago but never got a reply.

she's working on one for a PM9, their "dummy" gun is coming in very soon. (They hand make all their holsters by heating the kydex and forming it around a metal dummy gun, similar to what you did to mod yours)

I'll keep you posted on the PM9. I'm after her big time for an MK9 one. So far the only Kahr she's done is the P380.

ltxi
11-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Bit of an odd question. Maybe just me. My wife carries the same way I do. Professionally, competently, and with intent.

Bawanna
11-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Bit of an odd question. Maybe just me. My wife carries the same way I do. Professionally, competently, and with intent.

I'm more Rookie, fake my way through but with strong desire myself.

ltxi
11-02-2012, 07:37 PM
I had strong desire myself once. That's what got me into this current wife thingy mess. How the hell was I to know she'd end up alpha. Dog warned me back then, but I just didn't listen.

jdlott74
11-03-2012, 12:17 PM
I carry Kahr CW45, usually switch back and forth between IWB middle of the back and purse carry. Really depends on what I'm wearing...

Rotorflyr
11-03-2012, 02:56 PM
For the ladies ( and Bawanna :p ) that do purse carry, are you using any ole' purse or are you using a "gun" purse (such as those made by Gun Tote'n Mamas)?

Tinman507
11-03-2012, 04:34 PM
http://www.lapsura.com/drawings/archives/images/european-carryall.gif

ltxi
11-03-2012, 06:48 PM
For the ladies ( and Bawanna :p ) that do purse carry, are you using any ole' purse or are you using a "gun" purse (such as those made by Gun Tote'n Mamas)?

Neither lady nor Bawanna but often use a simple, multi-compartment man purse when in light shorts and t-shirt. Nothing gun specific. Works well for NAA Mini to P238/LW Mustang.

Wife purse carries casual using nothing gun specific either.

jdlott74
11-04-2012, 07:40 AM

Gun purse that we bought at Sportsman Guide...It's not a Gun Tote'N Mama's but it was the Sportsman Guide version at the time...Now they have Gun Tote'N Mama's..

southsound
11-04-2012, 09:07 AM
My bride carries a Smith & Wesson M&P 9C OWB when the weather allows an over shirt or jacket, otherwise she carries a Bodyguard 380 IWB under an un-tucked shirt. She carries nearly every day and if at the house is in close reach of her M&P 9C.

My daughter is a Detective in California - in addition to her duty weapon she carries a Smith & Wesson 642 in an ankle holster. She has shared some of the scenarios she's practiced with telling the perp her money is in her sock or feigning fright and cowering to the ground while she reaches for her weapon. Good to not only carry but to practice how to get to your weapon easily!

deadhawg
11-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Mine carries her PM9 IWB in a FIST kydex holster, usually appendix side. If we are traveling she may carry her G26 and I will carry my G19. That simplifies logistics, same ammo, and my magazines will fit her pistol if need be. My edc is usually a P45.

AIRret
11-04-2012, 07:23 PM
she's working on one for a PM9, their "dummy" gun is coming in very soon. (They hand make all their holsters by heating the kydex and forming it around a metal dummy gun, similar to what you did to mod yours)

I'll keep you posted on the PM9. I'm after her big time for an MK9 one. So far the only Kahr she's done is the P380.

Thanks, I would love that option. It's amazing how fast that holster can be!
And as I think back it had to be 7 or 8 months ago when I emailed them about a flash bang for the PM9.

muggsy
11-05-2012, 10:19 AM
What and how does your wife carry or if you are a lady what and how do you carry. My wife usually carries a LCR .38 IWB wearing jeans or cargo pants. She sometimes carries a LCP in a sleeve in her pocket. On the rare occasions she wears a dress she carries the LCP in her purse.

A grudge and a rolling pin.

melissa5
11-05-2012, 10:46 AM
It's mostly an anatomy problem. Unlike us men, woman wear clothes that make them look nice and emphasize their assets and hide their flaws. Some of course are beautiful wearing a feed sack, others need a little help.

Garments to cover guns usually aren't part of the equation.

Carrying in a purse is not a great option but most woman are rarely separated from their purse. Finding the gun even with a special pocket might be a challenge. Walking the streets of NY city might be a totally different ball game. With us the bad thing will most likely be in the car or at a gas station. Possibly going into or out of a store, parking lot deal.

My wife rarely wears dresses anymore of a thigh holster might be the ticket. I looked at the flash bang at the last gun show but people started looking at me funny and I felt like I was in the boulder holder section at Macy's ya know.

In the video's they seem invisible, I'm wondering it it's really so or they look like they have a third DD ya know.

Might be one of them asset situations too, could end up looking like just one DD, not good.

I wouldn't wear one of those for the same reason that some guys won't appendix carry. I don't want a gun pointing at the girls. Then there is the 3rd DD thing. I don't really think it would be invisible. Edited to say that I just checked out the flashbang web site and found that the gun would not be pointing at one of the girls, but would kind of be UNDER one of the girls. Still not sure what to think about that. :eek:

I carry small guns appendix and larger ones on my hip. Then there is the NAA .22 in the pocket. :)

Bawanna
11-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I've determined that I can't utilize the flashbang since I couldn't find a hanger apparatus that was comfortable for me. Perhaps one of the gender changer operations is in order. Then I'd have it all, ya know?

Muggsy's rolling pin certainly has my wheels turning though, that's something I might be able to utilize.

TD2K
11-05-2012, 11:32 AM
you really can't see anything, and it kinda gives the girls an added lift.

they're safe, the holster completely covers the trigger and trigger guard. they're a "clam shell" type holster, all you do is you grab the grip of the gun and pull straight down, removing it from the holster quickly. (holster remains snapped to your bra)

melissa5
11-05-2012, 11:38 AM
you really can't see anything, and it kinda gives the girls an added lift.

they're safe, the holster completely covers the trigger and trigger guard. they're a "clam shell" type holster, all you do is you grab the grip of the gun and pull straight down, removing it from the holster quickly. (holster remains snapped to your bra)

Hmm...I might give it a try with my new P938. They are already making a holster for that gun. $39.99 and I can buy one from a place called "The Bang Bang Boutique". LOL

Bawanna
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Hmm...I might give it a try with my new P938. They are already making a holster for that gun. $39.99 and I can buy one from a place called "The Bang Bang Boutique". LOL

Jocko has to be involved in that somehow. Just has to be.

doublebarrel
11-05-2012, 03:04 PM
http://www.concealedcarrypro.com/ hasthe flashbang holster for $39.99 but shipping is free.Saves a few bucks over most places.

MW surveyor
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
A grudge and a rolling pin.

Your wife and mine just might be related. :D

muggsy
11-06-2012, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't wear one of those for the same reason that some guys won't appendix carry. I don't want a gun pointing at the girls. Then there is the 3rd DD thing. I don't really think it would be invisible. Edited to say that I just checked out the flashbang web site and found that the gun would not be pointing at one of the girls, but would kind of be UNDER one of the girls. Still not sure what to think about that. :eek:

I carry small guns appendix and larger ones on my hip. Then there is the NAA .22 in the pocket. :)

I carry appendix style. At my age I have very little to lose. The boys don't seem to mind. :)

AIRret
11-06-2012, 07:40 PM

As long as you keep your off hand out of the way you should be good. With some gun friends (it is unloaded) I draw the gun and they are surprised at how fast the gun is drawn and most of them are surprised as to where the h--- the gun came from!

itsthelaw
11-06-2012, 09:42 PM
I think the Flashbang thingy is actually marketed to men who buy holsters for women. The thought of a women whipping open her shirt to expose her Daniel Defenses (obvious flip of another thread) is quite appealing to us. As long as the draw and subsequent fire is not intended at us, the thought is quite compelling. I for one would freeze and take in the visual. When LEO questioned me, I would just say all I recall was Daniel Defenses. Ok...maybe it is just me, but I think at least Jocko would agree. :popcorn:

Tinman507
11-07-2012, 03:47 AM
Officer, I never saw her face but I can describe other physical characteristics perfectly.

rago
11-07-2012, 06:01 AM
a 5lb hand bag that i would not want to get hit with. the other day she was telling me how her shoulder felt sore , then she asked me to hold her bag for a second while she tied her shoes . holy s&*t that thing felt like it weighed a ton wound not want to get hit with that thing:D