PDA

View Full Version : I wanna Thank the Power crew from Sweet Home Alabama!

downtownv
11-04-2012, 03:22 PM
I live at the Jersey Shore, we've had no power for the past 6 Days. despite the rumors that Alabama crews were sent away....It was an Alabama crew that did save 70 homes from being powerless a 7th day! Temps are in the low 40's calling for 32 tonight with no heat was not a pretty picture. :)

Chuck54
11-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Texas crews helped us after "Ivan"

The power workers seem to be hard working Americans eager to help others.

Did not intend to leave out the phone and cable companies from LA and GA they were great too.

muggsy
11-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I heard that the Alabama power crews were sent away, because they weren't card carrying union members.

yqtszhj
11-04-2012, 07:27 PM
It was city power crews that were turned away. Alabama power crews (Southern company) are IBEW.

Also volunteer chain saw crews were turned away because they were not union. I know that for a fact as Alabama is where I live and local volunteers from here were turned away.

I am glad your power is back on though and that we could send someone to help. We get hit with those hurricanes frequently and know how it is. I spent Labor Day in New Orleans this year after the flooding there.

downtownv
11-05-2012, 01:44 AM
It's all Internet BS now that I think of it, Obama planted- to draw union votes. NO Crew was turned away there's waaaaayy too much damage and enough electrical, plumbing and carpenter work to last for years. Christies and the IBEW Union bosses were on a joint news conference asking for all the help they can get. Card Carry or Not. Union not CCL

Knight92
11-05-2012, 06:04 AM
I think what was happening the Alabama crew left because they were tired of waiting to get some kind of agreement from the local union. I think part of the problem if this is happening is at the local level someone with a big head that is all.