PDA

View Full Version : New T9 today

got2hav1
11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
I purchased my T9 last week. It came in today. I ordered the conrast sight model, being as I shoot those better than the 3 dot style. I was very impressed with the feel of this gun. It reminds me of my Sig P225 and the Browning Hi Power. The grip of all three are near perfect for me. I also like the wood panels they look really nice on a stainless gun. Came with two mags, and I will be adding more later. I am excited to shoot the T9 and I expect some nice groups. It is a little on the heavy side for carry use, but thats not the intended purpose of this one. Pictures below.:D

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/got2hav1/074.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/got2hav1/075.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/got2hav1/076.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/got2hav1/077.jpg

Tinman507
11-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Sweet Piece!
Good luck with her.

Bawanna
11-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Beautiful thing. Very nice wood and it looks like they couldn't possibly fit any better. Perfect from what I can see.

got2hav1
11-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Sweet Piece!
Good luck with her.

Thanks, can't wait to shoot it.:D

Beautiful thing. Very nice wood and it looks like they couldn't possibly fit any better. Perfect from what I can see.

Yes, the fit and finish is very nice. It is a well made firearm with nice ergos. And the trigger feels super smooth, better than my CW9. The grip thickness is somewhere between the P225 (my benchmark) and the Browning Hi Power. It also points very well. Looking forward to some range time and a report back here.:)

ripley16
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks, can't wait to shoot it.:D

And the trigger feels super smooth, better than my CW9.

Very nice. My T9 has a sweet trigger too. The steel guns are smoother, maybe lighter, (maybe not), but are for some reason nicer than on the polymer guns.

Enjoy your new Kahr.

got2hav1
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Very nice. My T9 has a sweet trigger too. The steel guns are smoother, maybe lighter, (maybe not), but are for some reason nicer than on the polymer guns.

Enjoy your new Kahr.

Thanks, I really like it. :D

Chuck54
11-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I like mine a lot. I hope yours runs as smooth and accurate as mine.

Years ago I carried a HK P7M8 as a duty weapon ......... I like the T9 better.

Redstate
11-05-2012, 06:24 PM
The temptation to get one of these is becoming more and more difficult to contain. Very nice. Looking forward to your range report.

got2hav1
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I like mine a lot. I hope yours runs as smooth and accurate as mine.

Years ago I carried a HK P7M8 as a duty weapon ......... I like the T9 better.

That's pretty high praise. The HKs are well thought of. :D

The temptation to get one of these is becoming more and more difficult to contain. Very nice. Looking forward to your range report.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had to give in. LOL. :D

7shot
11-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Congrats...awesome looking pistol!

Tank
11-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I have been saying I don't know how Kahr keeps the T9 & T40 such a secret. Wait until you get a few hundred round thru it and loosens up and smooths out, you are going to enjoy it.

ripley16
11-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I have been saying I don't know how Kahr keeps the T9 & T40 such a secret.

Maybe because they produce so few you rarely see one in a gun shop. Our loss.

Redstate
11-06-2012, 09:16 PM
I frequent lots of gun shops and I have never seen one.

yqtszhj
11-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Sweet.

Tank
11-08-2012, 07:38 PM
I agree you don't see them. I know Kahr is know for and marketed as light, small package polymer guns but I would try to work some T & MK pistols into posters and such if it were me selling them. I know there aren't as many steel frame guns out there as polymer but you don't hear of many problem with them. They look and run good.

Alfonse
11-08-2012, 08:11 PM

Yes, these pictures are like a siren song! That is a beautiful pistol. Enjoy it.

outerlimit
12-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Oh wow, I've wanted one of these forever. I wasn't sure they were making these very much anymore. I'd love to see a version in .45ACP as well!

I wish they still made the rubber grips for the T9. They should have never discontinued them and they should have put them into all of their steel pistol lines.

ripley16
12-28-2012, 09:19 AM
I don't think the T9 ever had any other than wood grips. I'd go for polymer grips on the T9... but, alas... (heavy sigh).

outerlimit
12-28-2012, 09:44 AM
I don't think the T9 ever had any other than wood grips. I'd go for polymer grips on the T9... but, alas... (heavy sigh).

They used to have a black rubber grip as standard for the K9. You might be correct about the T9. I conversed with a Kahr rep about this many years ago by email and he lamented the rubber grip disappearing as well, and suggested I contact either Hogue or Pierce, (I can't remember which) and tell them they need to make rubber Kahr grips for the TP9 and to make them for the K9 again as well as the MK9. I really like checkered rubber grips and would like to see them on all metal Kahrs.

Don K.
12-28-2012, 10:14 AM
After looking at the pics of your T9 ...um...er...ah...WOW!

one day I'll get one of these and then get some custom wood fit by Bawanna...

having young kids has hampered my toy collection.

JFootin
12-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey Bawanna, I wonder if it would be possible to get blocks of rubber and carve checkered grips for steel Kahrs?

Bawanna
12-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Anything is possible but not by me. I've played some and no method I tried worked for beans.

I'll stick to wood.

Bawanna
12-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Young kids hamper a lot of things, having older kids doesn't seem to improve it neither.

Guess I need to add a T to my required shopping list so I got a model. Still working on a K as I have several wanting handles for those.

Bill K
12-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Awesome!

Why to heavy for carry? Wouldn't it carry nicely with using a quality OWB holster?

Don K.
12-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Young kids hamper a lot of things, having older kids doesn't seem to improve it neither.

Guess I need to add a T to my required shopping list so I got a model. Still working on a K as I have several wanting handles for those.

Dang...guess I just have to start savin the pocket change again....

phil413tx
12-28-2012, 12:54 PM
That T9 is beautiful!!! I have a K9 and a MK9 and I love them! You are now making me want to add a T9 to complete my 9mm set.

Bawanna
12-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Dang...guess I just have to start savin the pocket change again....

Pocket change isn't nearly enough but you take care of the T9 and I'll take care of the grips if I can find one to fit to.

Bill K, I don't think it's too heavy to carry at all and would work dandy in a proper belt holster.

I too would love to see a T45, for the size that would be perfect. Just make it the same exact frame as the T9 and 40 so I can make grips on it too.

jocko
12-28-2012, 02:08 PM
oh my god, I just noticed,,,. a fokking flying colonel. I go away for a couple of days and the whole forum goes to hell..:001_huh:

A jack of all trades, no less, but a master of to my knowledge only one. Alittle4 advice. Stay off the damn runway. colonel..

I wee our nation lost a great war hearo and leader. A true winner IO. Arnold Schwartz. Nice guy. I had the priveldge ofmeeting him once in evansville, Ind. He and George Bush Sr. and a couple of coalmining execs from Evansville were going hunting in africa..He was not a phoney lke Our new secretary of defense is gonna be...

kflo01
03-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Man the T9 is such a sweet looking peice. Thats my next purchase for a 9mm. That and the FNH FNX-9.

T-9 is a beauty man. Best looking pistol I have ever seen.

laserfish
03-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Great looking and even better shooting. I carry mine daily and don't notice the weight at all. Carry in an IWB Frontline pancake holster at 3 o'clock and I can forget it is there. Most natural pointing pistol I have ever used. Like it better than my K9 and they carry almost identical in the same holster. you will love it the more you shoot it. Too bad it has gotten where you can hardly replace your target ammo.

FLBri
03-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Nothing but a GREAT pistol. I have both a T9 and a T40. It's hard to believe how natural they feel in the hand. You will love it more and more.
Brian