PDA

View Full Version : well i broke my cw 40

rago
11-09-2012, 05:42 AM
my son and I was at the range shooting , everything was going great . loaded another mag of ammo, then nothing i thought maybe bad round, so i try several rounds nothing. then i check the gun to see whats up, i cant get it apart , i pull the pin out and the slide on top wont come off, i am thinking that's not good. so the next day i call kahr rep tell him whats going on, all he says is i will sent a shipper package to you prepaid and we will take a look at it. I thought I broke my firering pin , but now i think maybe a broken spring and its hanging up inside of there, any one else have this happen , if so what is it, and how did you fix it.:confused:

kerby9mm
11-09-2012, 06:53 AM
The striker assembly/parts/ firing pin broke on my mk9. I was still able to disassemble the gun that's how I saw what had happened. The firing pin was also sticking through the breechface at an odd angle. Kahr fixed it in about 7 days free of charge.

HalfCocked
11-09-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't know what that might be but at this point even if I could fix it myself, I'd send to Kahr and let them look it over.
You need a gun to go bang every time and letting the experts look at will help regain the confidence.

jocko
11-09-2012, 06:34 PM
what the gang says. SEND IT BACK, let kahr have a look at it. Turn around will be fast and u will feel far more confident if kahr does the work. If it was a roekn striker then IJO I would say just get anew one from kahr NC and installit urself. It is rafre but we have seen a few broken strikers (It is a firing pin no less and firing pins do break)

Bt in thsi case no slide coming off , then sumpin else is wrong. do it right. as long as it is on kahrs dime both ways that is what u got a warranty for..

rago
11-10-2012, 06:05 AM
i am waiting for the shipper should be here today, thats what i thought let them fix it they might replace all springs and stuff that needs to be checked . just without a conceal carry for now . that's a strange feeling not having my gun on me when i go out. i have another gun but it never thought about carrying it s a taurus pt92, that's like carrying a tank . plus i don't have a holster for it. just have to keep my alertness at a higher level then i already do. i am sure i will get my gun back soon. thanks and be safe.:eek:

rago
11-13-2012, 02:42 PM
I called them last week about my cw 40 the way I understood they was going to send a shipper for repairs. today I called and say whats the hold up, the guy says did you get e-mail from us? Im not understanding how they work whats up with the e-mail do I have to fill something out or what. the guy did not explain anything. I am in the dark about how they do warranty work

Bawanna
11-13-2012, 03:05 PM
I think they usually send a form via email that you can print and attach to the package. It has their account number and that stuff.