PDA

View Full Version : Gun show fun this morning

melissa5
11-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Found this Gen 4 Glock 19 at the gun show this morning and thought it would blend with my new multicam plate carrier (still waiting for plates to be delivered). It's called FDE (flat dark earth), but it kind of reminds me of baby poop brown. :)

Before I could get in the door, I sold my Glock 36 and a Daniel Defense 300 Blackout upper. :D

Left the show and went right to my range where I put $700 down on an AAC 762-sdn-6 suppressor. Monday, I'll be getting enough money from another gun sale (Gen 2 Glock 19) to finish paying for it and send the $200 extortion check off with the paperwork. I'll do the paperwork next week and then start the long wait. Hope I actually get it before they are outlawed. :mad:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2975/dscn2608a.jpg

DeaconKC
11-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Congrats Melissa! Good luck on the suppressor.

Scoundrel
11-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Heard a nasty rumor that the Gen4 had a lot of reliability issues. Don't own any Glocks myself, and my friends that have them are using old models. Any truth to this, or is it just like any other gun where a new model comes out, some issues are found, they're fixed, and the rumors persist long afterward?

Good job on plunking down the cash for the suppressor. Just did that myself (for my 2nd). If enough people buy them, maybe the people who make the rules will realize they're not such a bad thing after all and loosen up the red tape.

But, I crack myself up. I can't see the gubmint letting go of that cash cow anytime soon.

Longitude Zero
11-10-2012, 06:02 PM
There is huge divide between the Gen 3's and the Gen 4's. Some folks like the changes many hate the changes. Rarely have I found anybody who is comfortable with both.

Scoundrel when the Gen 4's first hit the market there were a lot of issues. I am not sure all have been satisfactorily answered. Glock is not the most forthcoming with info on problems.

Scoundrel
11-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Just tested out my new Ruger 22/45 with the suppressor attached.

Not a really big test, just 20 rounds, but they all cycled fine. Woulda done more, but I don't have a brass catcher and the spousal unit does not approve of me shooting that close to the house.

melissa5
11-10-2012, 06:36 PM
All of my Glocks are Gen 4 except for one and I haven't had a single problem with any of them. There were a lot of problems when they first came out because of the new recoil spring that didn't really like weak 115gr ammo. They must have fixed the issue because about all I shoot is 115gr. The Gen 4 is my favorite so far because of the smaller, more aggressive grip.

Scoundrel
11-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Smaller grip, huh? I can see that generating a lot of controversy.

When I tried out my friend's Glock, it was like holding a 2x4. But he has significantly larger hands than me, and he says it fits his hand comfortably and naturally.

He cannot shoot my CM9 well due to hand size.

melissa5
11-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Smaller grip, huh? I can see that generating a lot of controversy.

When I tried out my friend's Glock, it was like holding a 2x4. But he has significantly larger hands than me, and he says it fits his hand comfortably and naturally.

He cannot shoot my CM9 well due to hand size.

Yeah, Gen 4 is smaller, but comes with a medium and large grip adapter. I don't need them. :) Glocks are pretty blocky. What caliber Glock did you try? The 10mm and .45 frames are huge.

Scoundrel
11-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Pretty sure it was a 9mm, but it is possible that it was a 45. I'd txt him and ask, but that would mean getting up to grab my phone, and the dog is sleeping in my lap. :)

I know for sure my other friend's Glock is a 9mm, and I didn't like the feel of that one either.
Not saying there's anything wrong with them, just not for me.

I recently went to the range and tried out a Springfield XDM, S&W M&P 9, Ruger SR9, and Walther PPQ. All 9mm. Didn't get to play with different backstraps on any of them, of course.

The Springfield felt OK. This one had been worn in so the stipples were a little rounded, not all sharp like the one in the gun shop, but still a bit rough. That one shot OK but seemed a bit awkward to me.

The S&W felt better in my hand, but the fit and finish was just not there. I have a couple other M&Ps (rifles) which I really like, so I expected to like the M&P 9, but I was not impressed with their implementation of the 9mm.

The Ruger seemed like it was assembled out of spare parts in a Harley factory. That's pretty much par for the course for Ruger guns, but usually they have redeeming qualities. I didn't find any in the SR9.

The Walther was like a breath of fresh air after being in a full meeting room on a warm day. It fit my hand well. I could reach the controls. The fit and finish was good. Even for an abused range gun, it was holding together well. I fired best with that one, shooting faster than the others and hitting tighter groups.

Can't wait to get my brand new PPQ. It's due tomorrow.

Scoundrel
11-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah, Gen 4 is smaller, but comes with a medium and large grip adapter. I don't need them. :) Glocks are pretty blocky. What caliber Glock did you try? The 10mm and .45 frames are huge.

Talked to the friend. He doesn't have a Glock in .45. He does have a .40, but he says I did not shoot that one.

It was quite a long time ago, and I have handled many guns since that one, so it's pretty fuzzy. I only recall that it was all square-like and I didn't like it.