PDA

View Full Version : Sooo...How about the NHL?

Tinman507
11-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I know it's got nothing to do with guns. And I really don't follow hockey, but we've beaten the politics horse to death.

How about religion? Can we talk about that? It's not nearly as volatile as politics.

Boxers or Briefs?

Bourbon or Scotch?

JERRY
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
if i have the time and money at the same instance i got to a "semi" pro team in my area.....but i sure miss the NHL when they show the seldom game.....

i no longer have super cable so i dont get VS. and Atlanta lost their team for the second time.....

JFootin
11-11-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm not a hockey fan, but IMO any American game is better than socker. A game for human beings, but they can't use their hands ??? It goes on for hours with no score, no organized plays, just kicking the ball one way until they lose control of it, then the other way, ... ??? And the fans ??? Hoolegans that care nothing at all about the game, but just want to brawl ??? Give me some baseball, or football, basketball, or NASCAR racing! :biggrin1:

QuercusMax
11-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I know it's got nothing to do with guns. And I really don't follow hockey, but we've beaten the politics horse to death.

How about religion? Can we talk about that? It's not nearly as volatile as politics.

Boxers or Briefs?

Bourbon or Scotch?

Without a doubt, Scotch.

Tinman507
11-11-2012, 07:13 PM
roger that

Planedude
11-11-2012, 07:34 PM
... Give me some baseball, or football, basketball, or NASCAR racing! :biggrin1:

I like all the sports but I have a special place in my heart for NASCAR. I campained a Dirt track car for a while in my youth and I have a feel for the work needed to race competively. I had a buddy at work who said racing was boring as all they did was turn left. I pointed out that they were turnning left at 190mph, but if it bored him sooooo much he could just turn on the Golf channel and snore his way to la-la land.
He became very cross, standing there in his Titleist hat and Titleist logoed polo shirt (Undies too I'm sure).
Oh well... He got very cross with me before, when I compaired his beloved Golf to my Trap & Skeet shooting.
Touchy chapp!!:rolleyes:
For the record I do not dislike Golf, I just could not care any less about it. Ain't America great?

Bawanna
11-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Somebody say scotch?

skiflydive
11-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Pro sports, all of them, cost everyone money whether they are fans or not. Ergo...less money for bourbon or scotch. Just saying'.

Tinman507
11-12-2012, 06:05 AM
I'm a Tony Stewart fan (#14) so this years Nascar isn't as much fun but yesterday's race at Phoenix was pretty cool. Including the dust up between Clint Bowyer and Jeff Gordon.

At least Jimmie Johnson likely won't win another Sprint Cup. Not thrilled with Brad Keselowski as the champ but anyone besides JJ.

jlottmc
11-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Loves me some NHL, and personally I think Gary Bettman needs to have the same thing happen to him as Jerry Jones. He gots to go.

Boxer or briefs? Both, or commando.

Bourbon or Scotch? Yes please.

QuercusMax
11-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Somebody say scotch?

Yes I did, and ... I have already followed up my words with appropriate action. And more action. And more.

What was the question again?

rjt123
11-12-2012, 02:00 PM

Boxers or Briefs?

Bourbon or Scotch?

(Dating myself here...)
Tastes great!!! Less filling!!!

As for hockey...meh. Baseball for me, please.

Bawanna
11-12-2012, 03:22 PM
(Dating myself here...)
Tastes great!!! Less filling!!!

As for hockey...meh. Baseball for me, please.

Ditto for me. I could never keep up with the little puk dealy hymer. I think most folks just enjoy it for the wicked fights myself.

I too prefer baseball.

Despite her current unhappiness with me (reason as yet unknown as usual) wife did bring home a bottle of Scotch so despite feeling somewhat under the rug perhaps I'll imbibe a tad bit later. A toast to our veterans.