PDA

View Full Version : New P380

Jeremiah/Az
03-16-2010, 09:36 PM
I shot my new P380 today with out any malfunctions at all. It was shooting a little high & 4" left at 10 yds. I drifted the back sight right which centered the shots. Shoots about 2" high but it is not a target gun. The trigger does seem to stack a little right before it fires. It is not as smooth as my PM9 or maybe just its smaller size & it has not been fired as much. Almost no recoil at all. Very nice gun!

wyntrout
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi, did you get the regular-sighted model? And what did you shoot in it?
I'm still waiting on my Night-sighted model, but have Aguila and MFS FMJs waiting, as well as Buffalo Bore 90-gr JHP "+P" for carry, if they shoot okay in it.
I just got my PM45 back from Kahr and it shoots fine now, and I have been carrying a PM9, but I shoot the 45 better.
I'm wondering if I'll ever get the darn .380. I was hoping that it would replace my .22 TPH for carry and now I have 2 PM's since January. I got the Kahr bug after I ordered the P380N and read so much about the PM's here.
It looks like the .45 is going to be my favorite, replacing the 9mm for now.
Wynn

In-Yo-Grill
03-17-2010, 06:22 AM
Congrats on your new .380...I got one for the wife a couple of months ago and it's a sweet little shooter. Getting NS's put on hers too.

That's a bummer about your P380 Wynn. You would have been better off buying the gun and sending back to Kahr to install the sights.

recoilguy
03-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Congrats on the new weapon....sounds like a real good shooter. Have a blast with it!

RCG

jeep45238
03-17-2010, 11:02 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s127/jeep45238/rlee.gif

jocko
03-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Congrats on your new .380...I got one for the wife a couple of months ago and it's a sweet little shooter. Getting NS's put on hers too.

That's a bummer about your P380 Wynn. You would have been better off buying the gun and sending back to Kahr to install the sights.

I told wynn that about 4 months ago. He could have had it home by many months and even had it worn out..

jocko
03-17-2010, 02:52 PM
I shot my new P380 today with out any malfunctions at all. It was shooting a little high & 4" left at 10 yds. I drifted the back sight right which centered the shots. Shoots about 2" high but it is not a target gun. The trigger does seem to stack a little right before it fires. It is not as smooth as my PM9 or maybe just its smaller size & it has not been fired as much. Almost no recoil at all. Very nice gun!

I bet your a right habnd shooter. This is so typical of a shot pattern, although most also shoot low to. More rounds down range and you and the gun willget better. They are real shooters. I shoot mine better than my PM9.

The trigger system will smooth out, it is exactly like your PM9 and mine is smooth as glass..

jocko
03-17-2010, 02:53 PM

I bet your a right hand shooter. This is so typical of a shot pattern, although most also shoot low to. More rounds down range and you and the gun willget better. They are real shooters. I shoot mine better than my PM9.

The trigger system will smooth out, it is exactly like your PM9 and mine is smooth as glass..a group like that at 10 yards IMO is excellent...I would advise practicing 7 and under, that is what that little gun was designed for..

racuda
03-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I shot my new P380 today with out any malfunctions at all. It was shooting a little high & 4" left at 10 yds.

I think your's is the first I've heard of to shoot high.

I sent my slide to Kahr for 3 dot tritiums and, either it is more accurate now, or my shooting has gotten better, but mine now shoots about 1 1/2 inches low at 10 yards. It shoots pretty much centered, left to right.

Jeremiah/Az
03-17-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know how to post pictures. I was on a waiting list at a gun store for a P380. When they called, I went & picked it up. It had the regular sights on it like the PM9. I thought I was shooting new shells. They were in a nice plastic holder sealed in plastic. The label says Justice 380 100gr RN Copper. Looking them over I see they are all kinds, companies, of brass, reloads. Cheapies for breaking in. They shoot very well tho. 3" to 4" at 10 yards. Yes, I am right handed. I have seen on here that most P380's shoot low. Mine has the stainless slide.

racuda
03-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know how to post pictures. I was on a waiting list at a gun store for a P380. When they called, I went & picked it up. It had the regular sights on it like the PM9. I thought I was shooting new shells. They were in a nice plastic holder sealed in plastic. The label says Justice 380 100gr RN Copper. Looking them over I see they are all kinds, companies, of brass, reloads. Cheapies for breaking in. They shoot very well tho. 3" to 4" at 10 yards. Yes, I am right handed. I have seen on here that most P380's shoot low. Mine has the stainless slide.

I wonder if the 100gr bullets caused it to shoot high? Let us know how standard 95gr ammo shoots.

My S&W .38 shoots about 4 inches low with 125gr bullets, but it is dead on with 158gr. Since the heavier bullets shoot higher, I wondered if a heavier bullet would raise the point of impact for the P380. I have ordered some 100 grain bullets for my P380 to see if they will raise the POI. Question

Tattooed_Detective
03-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Just shot my new p380 this evening. The gun shot great no problems at all. Shot Federal Tactical 90 grain hydra-shocks. Shot a lil low but still had good qualifying scores for the first time out

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 01:58 AM
Just shot my new p380 this evening. The gun shot great no problems at all. Shot Federal Tactical 90 grain hydra-shocks. Shot a lil low but still had good qualifying scores for the first time out

Congrats and thank you for sharing>
Welcome to the board!
:photo: or did not happen!:eek: