PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jocko

mluikey
11-18-2012, 06:48 PM
So while I was out riding my Harley, I picked up this small souvenir. Yes it ended the ride a little sooner than I wanted.
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t483/Mluikey/IMG_5545.jpeg

Bawanna
11-18-2012, 06:52 PM
I picked up a staple last week in the office. Got my hand and my right side tire. I hate staples and slobs that leave them laying on the rug.

Rank right up there with jerks that spit on sidewalks and dog poop.

Can't be fun fixing a tire on a Harley huh? Must take some effort to get the thing off, especially the back. And no such thing as center stands since forever either huh? Not like anyone would be strong enough to get one up on a stand anyhow.

mr surveyor
11-18-2012, 07:05 PM
what.... dontcha just flip that harley over on it's handle bars, take off the chain then pull the wheel off????

OldLincoln
11-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Bawanna, aren't you running airless tires on your rig? Wife's supplier won't let an air-up out the door as he doesn't want a call Thanksgiving night saying "I got a flat."

Now if you only had no-puncture hands.

mluikey
11-18-2012, 07:38 PM
what.... dontcha just flip that harley over on it's handle bars, take off the chain then pull the wheel off????

That was my Huffy growing up. LOL. unfortunately since this bike has a tube tire, I had an awesome friend come get me with his trailer.

And don't ya know, Harleys get better gas mileage on a trailer. Hehehehehehe

Bawanna
11-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Bawanna, aren't you running airless tires on your rig? Wife's supplier won't let an air-up out the door as he doesn't want a call Thanksgiving night saying "I got a flat."

Now if you only had no-puncture hands.

All airless on power chairs but manual chairs get tubes. The tires wear out and them foam tubes they use for airless are tougher to deal with than a tube. I can replace both tires and tube and be back on the track in under 15 minutes.

It's even easier if I have another chair to get around in, that way if I forget something I can still get it.

I have it down to a science.

muggsy
11-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Those tires would last longer if you quit doing bleach burnouts and wheelies, Bawanna. Just sayin.

Bawanna
11-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Who told you about the bleach burnouts?

I get a lot of flat spots locking up the binders when coworkers aren't looking where they walk, traffic in the parking lot. Those are probably the worse, sort of a built in officer swagger, ka thump, ka thump, ka thump.

Popeye
11-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Just got to hate when that happens.:( I once picked up a welding rod.

Bawanna
11-18-2012, 09:05 PM
I been trying to figure out what that is in the hand? Any clue. I once had a screwdriver I picked up on the free way, handle and all. That was in the truck not the chair or my Harley. I use past tense on Harley.

mluikey
11-18-2012, 09:08 PM
We couldn't tell. It wasn't a spoke but we have no clue.

pudge
11-18-2012, 10:04 PM
That's a nasty lookin' sticker, jocko. Ain't nuthin' much worse than somethin' causin' the air to stick out of yer tire! Sure can ruin a good ride! And them new tires cost money, eh? Hope it don't take long to sort it out!!

OldLincoln
11-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Bawanna, you need a small noise maker on your wheels. My problem when pushing my wife around the stores are the kids that are going along then see something and go from forward to reverse in the same step. Or when they and their mom are lollygagin and you try to go past them and the kid suddenly makes a left. I prefer a cart with a squeaky wheel to a silent cart when shopping as it seems to make them aware.

LorenzoB
11-18-2012, 10:29 PM
You just need a horn that sounds like a fart. They'll get out of your way.

jocko
11-19-2012, 06:03 AM
Just got to hate when that happens.:( I once picked up a welding rod.

oe thing allmy bikes have RIDE ON (ride on.com) tiresealant and balancer in them. doesnt corrode rims. We used it years ago in our tire business for landfill equipment. It is super stuff It will work even with tube bikes. It has gotten me home twice from over 250 miles away. ranover glass once and the other was just a big ass nail. I don't sell the stuff but trust me, it works kand also with these more expensive wheels on these Harleys, and more rounded areas, weights are hard to keep on the wheels, tape a weights just don't stay on good, let alone look like sh!t. The Ride on is actually a balancer to, Isnt a splashy substance like fix a flx or slime. U buy un in squeeze bottles for ur tire size.

I always carry a spare bottle in my saddle bags for SOMEONE else if needed. It will get you home.

I have it in my Porsche wheels, noweights on the wheels anywhere.

J & P now sells it to. I always bought direct but the price is the same. I can change my own tires on my bikes but I gotta get home to my equipment to RIDE ON does that. It is actually cheaper than a price of wheel balance on your bike tire ...

Ride on.com has an excellent video on their site to..

Popeye
11-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Agree Jocko tube tires are harder to fix, but those darned spoke wheels on a Roadking just look so right. When I rode over that Welding rod nothing was fixing that tire but another tire. Went in through the tread and out through the sidewall. Son of "B" made a hell of a racket on the inside of the fender till I got it stopped.:(

mluikey
11-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Jocko, another buddy has also recommended the Rideon product. I will be ordering this week. Popeye, the spokes do look good, I have a Streetbob and I don't think cast wheels would look the same.

jocko
11-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Agree Jocko tube tires are harder to fix, but those darned spoke wheels on a Roadking just look so right. When I rode over that Welding rod nothing was fixing that tire but another tire. Went in through the tread and out through the sidewall. Son of "B" made a hell of a racket on the inside of the fender till I got it stopped.:(

;laced wheels IMO belong on certainHD bikes. I am sure u know that HD now offers tubless laced wheels .I think they come in the profile wheels but they are now tubless. I had laced wheels on my two Hertiage springers. It looked like sh!t any other way. Also had them on my 96 FLSTN nostalgia to. Had them on my j95th anniversary RK WWSW also. Other than a pain in the ass to keep looking super. I lloved laced wheels. STILL DO.

jocko
11-19-2012, 09:39 AM

a buddy that bought a new 2011 Screamin eagle street glide. and the tape on weights came off his rearl wheel and damaged the rear fender big time. HD replaced it NC to. they told him they have had some of the tape on weights come off of some of their new wheels which have no real flat spots areas for the weights to adheare to. He now has put RIDE ON in both wheels and recentley did it to his wifes new 2012 Streetglide. I always carry a tire pluggin kit also, none of this stuff takes up any impoprtant room either. I just error on the side of caution and safety, in that maybe I can help a downed biker with a tire issue.Yes, even a honder rider:blah::blah: Just sayin

Nuttin will help what happend to your tire popeye,but as u know most are not that critical of damage and anything that can get you home is better than sittin on the highway for a slider vehicle to pick it up. I carry that extra bottle in my saddlebags for that person who doesn't have anything along with a very small air compress or that works off my cig lighter. it does a super job to. I have tested it many times at home and it will air up a deflated tire in about 5 minutes. I figure even If I have a flat, I would add anutter bottle of Ride On, , air the tire up more than needed and every 25 mile or so pullover and check the pressure etc. I think the combination of the air compressor and ride on might most of the time get me home or to at least a HD dealer nearby. U cannot be over prepared on a bike. I carry jumper cables also, used um nce when I left my lights on and didn
't know it.. jumped off the wifes bike and no problems. U can't push start these electronicfuel injection bikes anymore.. :blah:

jeepster09
11-19-2012, 10:46 AM
I picked up a sandwhich once when out rideing....:hungry:

O'Dell
11-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Honda's don't get flats. :D

Popeye
11-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Honda's don't get flats. :D

:rolleyes:I haven't had to many problems with tires going flat in 45 years of riding. The welding rod was one and that tire was definately history, and only had a 2k on it, but the worst was a blow out I had on a Honda Super Hawk while riding the Fla. Keys. Glad it wasn't a heavy bike with a rider on the back or life could have gotten very interesting for a few minutes. Your right Jocko the cast wheels look good on some bikes but IMO not on a roadking. As far as the tubless laced wheels I don't know anything about them. I'm not looking to buy anymore bikes. I like my old 04 RK to much. We've got to many miles and smiles together to change bikes now. Plus! If I have it all figured out I believe my leathers, bike, and myself all ought to crap out about the same time. ;)Every tire change I put a new band around the rim at the base of the spoke ends and a new tube.

yqtszhj
11-19-2012, 05:26 PM
you just need a horn that sounds like a fart. They'll get out of your way.
rofl !!!

mluikey
11-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Ordered the Ride On product tonight. Looks like great stuff.