PDA

View Full Version : Bought SIG P250 from widow.

TheTman
11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
My friend that lost her husband earlier this year, was in a bind and wanted to sell her husbands P250. It's the compact model, has night sights, and nitron finish. DAO with nice smooth trigger. She included the holster, mag pouch, nice cleaning kit, and 2 extra mags (4 mags total). I thought I could probably get $450-500, selling FTF on Armslist, (no paperwork, registered to a dead man, etc.) So she took $450 for it. Do you think I did her right, screwed her, screwed myself? Pics below: I'd like to keep it, but will have to sell something else if I do.

http://kartalk.pccomps.com/P250.jpg

Custom Holster and mag pouch:

http://kartalk.pccomps.com/Holster.jpg

Cleaning Kit:
http://kartalk.pccomps.com/Cleaningkit.jpg

chrish
11-23-2012, 11:33 AM
That's a 1st gen, you may have been a little high, but with 2 mags (which are kinda expensive for the P250) you are probably right on target with what its worth. FTF you'll prob break even to maybe loose $25-$50. If you have to do anything w/ FFL, obviously that number will go up.

I think give the situation, you did a good deed helping someone out and regardless of how it turns out, it'll come back to you in good fortune elswhere hopefully.

I'll just toss this out, as a P250 owner, folks will also buy that as parts (modularity) and you might consider selling it in pieces. You might come closer to breaking even that way. Of course, the FCU will involve an FFL transfer, but none of the rest. People on P250SIG.COM will snatch those parts up faster than you can say SIG. If you need help unloading it there, PM me, will be glad to vouch for you or help you post it over there for sale, parts or whole.

TheTman
11-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks Chrish, I'm going to think on it for a few days. I'd like to keep it and sell something else that is registered to me, I like to have at least a couple handguns that aren't registered in my name. If asked, the widow said she'll say she took it to a gun show and sold it to someone. I think I gave her about what she'd get selling it that way, with all the accessories. She only wanted $400 from me if I were going to keep it, but I gave her a little more due to hard times, and what I figured everything was worth, considering the gun by itself would probably sell for $350 or so on the Auction sites. I think I could probably get what I have in it pretty easily by putting it on Armslist, and doing a FTF transaction, with no paperwork, and tell people I'm charging extra due to being registerd to a dead man. I may sell my CW45, since it's never worked right with the 7 round mags and try a different one. That one had trouble from the time I bought it.

chrish
11-23-2012, 06:25 PM
No question! That's what I'd do w/ it. Keep it, unregistered. No brainer there if you can afford it. The P250 is a perfect cheap, bury it somewhere type gun. Easiest pistol on the planet to clean b/c of how the FCU comes out and the super simple design of the slide components. A lot of folks don't like them, but I love mine and will be adding a second to the collection in the next couple of months.

You can pick up caliber x-change kits till the cows come home and no interaction with an FFL. Only the FCU is registered.

mr surveyor
11-23-2012, 08:06 PM
gun registration? In Kansas?

chrish
11-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Well, technically, there isn't gun 'registration' where I am either, and yes, Kansas either. But not to get off topic, the FFL forms are gun registration...like it or not.

LorenzoB
11-23-2012, 11:21 PM
chrish, this is a bit off topic and I don't want to hijack this thread, so just a quick question. I just bought a Sig and noticed there seems to be two main Sig forums. Which one should I consider? P.S. I like the easy going feel of KahrTalk.

Moderators, feel free to delete this post. It won't hurt my feelings.

chrish
11-24-2012, 12:03 AM
chrish, this is a bit off topic and I don't want to hijack this thread, so just a quick question. I just bought a Sig and noticed there seems to be two main Sig forums. Which one should I consider? P.S. I like the easy going feel of KahrTalk.

I only have a SIG P250 and the only forum I have joined is the p250sig.com site. The P250 doesn't get much action elsewhere. One of the sig forums (sigforum.com), seems to be the largest and most active, actually rejected my attempt to join b/c my email address was Hotmail, and I never bothered to email them to get it setup (I think they allow it, just not via automatically joining). So, I'm not sure which one might be on the same quality and politeness level as KahrTalk.

I don't think you are gonna find a place as nice as this, even w/ the occasional disagreement on politics, etc...KahrTalk is HANDS DOWN the best gun forum I've run across.

LorenzoB
11-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks chrish. KahrTalk is the first gun forum I joined, so the bar has been set high. I'll just lurk for a while on the other sites.

Longitude Zero
11-24-2012, 10:58 AM

For SIGS go to Sig Talk or Sig Addict. The SIG Forumn is run by what is in my opinion an overbearing/ninny hammer/nutjob/bunghole. He is VERY TEMPERAMENTAL AND THIN SKINNED. He is also very particular about what e-amil you register with. He has a history of refusing all registrations with yahoo, msn, hotmail, gmail and all free services. He wants you to register with a documentable work/traceable email.

Having said that SIG Forum has some good information on it but that is in spite of the owner/moderator and NOT because of him. Be a lurker over there and nothing more.