PDA

View Full Version : New Member.... Come on, Bud's!

ndoren
11-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Well, Bud's has too good of an online deal this holiday weekend. Either 6 months or 1 year same as cash (with few catches) for qualified buyers, and the lower cash-only price even for the online financing option. The deal is good through Monday, but I couldn't wait!

That being said, my new PM9 with factory night sights is in Bud's new purchase processing chain. Maybe I'll get it in a week? We'll see! They seem to have most every standard variation of the PM9 in stock at Bud's.

I really wanted the manual safety equipped version, but I couldn't stomach the LCI which is stamped "INDICATOR," then additionally painted RED, then additionally annotated with a lengthy warning stamped into the top of the slide, which references the red-painted, "indicator-stamped" LCI next to it. PASS. I would have loved the enhanced trigger, though. Oh well.

The bottom line: My primary handgun is an H&K 45C, and it's undeniably one of the finest handguns ever made. The H&K melts like butter in your hands, with a slide so smooth you'd think you were stroking your gal's booty while she was wearing a silk gown :). However, I wanted a smaller (pocket) CCW sidearm, and after months of research, I feel the Kahr PM9 is the one most likely to meet my expectations. I am well researched in the Kahr (thanks, forum!), and feel my expectations are realistic. I am confident I will not be disappointed. I will keep you posted. Neall

Bawanna
11-25-2012, 10:13 AM
We'll all join in the worst period of a mans life. Waiting for a new gun to arrive.

We'll look forward to it's arrival, range report, pictures of it and the gals booty in a silk gown. Just for educational purposes ya know?

I wish there was something to offer to ease the pain of the wait but I just don't think there is anything to help.

ndoren
11-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the comfort in my moment of need. :) This waiting and anticipating for a new gun to arrive is actually an addictive feeling. I just hope the PM9 keeps me happy enough for a while, that I don't have to go looking for another addition for at least a year ;)

The good news is that I have a fantastic, brand-new indoor shooting range with 20+ lanes that's just 8 minutes from my place. Helpful knowledgeable folks there, too. Nothing could be finer... ammo in the can, a new Kahr in the mail, and a gun range within spittin' distance. Life is good. Will keep you posted. Neall

Alfonse
12-04-2012, 08:47 PM
I have a some pistols, some are prettier than my PM9, or they are a classic of some sort, compacts duty and fine full sized pistols. But, unless I'm going to the range, they pretty much all stay home because that PM9 is the one that goes everywhere.

It's been at least a few years, and it the pistol isn't showing its age at all. I can't quite say the same.

Welcome, you'll love that PM9.