PDA

View Full Version : update from "well i broke my cw 40"

rago
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
sent it in to be repaired, could not remove slide or would not shoot got it back in, would have been 8 days without holiday. well if you think there is something wrong , be sure you check the spring that it is not in backwards , went to ffl to pick it up they said the spring was in backwards , i said i wounder how that happened lol , looks like i was not paying attention on -reassemble lucky it is warranted and i did not have to pay shipping, they replaced the spring cleaned and oiled and shot it , said it works great. im just wondering if anyone else has done this , and if you have how do i get the slide off . the rod was sticking out of the front of the gun, so i thought something was broken . if i do this again i know whats going on but i still could not get thr slide off. any ideas :o

painter
11-26-2012, 03:13 PM
I put my CM 9 back together wrong the first time. The recoil assembly was sticking out as was one coil of the spring.

I guess I got lucky. It came apart a little on the 'sticky' side. I rotated the spring and it went back together and has been fine ever since.