PDA

View Full Version : Promotional Items From Your Gun Makers

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Ok I am going down the list and calling all gun makers that I own a firearm. I will be updating this thread to keep you guys posted as of which ones have been responsive.

So Far:

Glock: Sent me a bunch of stuff was very please. Calendar, keyring, stickers, cloth patches, lapel pin and a pen.

Sig: Only a sticker(For the prize they charge for the firearms they should send something substantial like a knife or something:eek:)

Beretta USA: Nothing, Zip, Zero. These people will never ever again get my business.

Taurus: Free One Year NRA Membership:target:

CZ USA: Catalog/magazine, lapel pin and stickers.

Smith and Wesson: Rebate for $50.00 when I bought the M&P and a sticker.

Diamondback: Complimentary Magazine

CCI: One Box of 50 .45ACP

Springfield Armory: They already include freebies in their guns like magazine loader, holster, and magazine carrier.

Bawanna
03-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Just curious how your approaching this?

Hi, this is Vini, I own one of your guns, can you send me some free stuff?

Hi, this is Vini, I'm thinking of buying one of your guns, can you send me some free stuff?

Hi, this is Vini, I'm thinking I don't have any money can you send me some free stuff?

Hi, this is Vini, I have tons of money, will you send me some free stuff?
A very interesting mission, curious how it shakes out.
Maybe try Italian with Beretta? Language barrier?

I recall doing something like this in grade school. Had to write different places and ask for information. Can't remember if our grade was based on weather they were nice or not. Think I still have some of it in a drawer someplace.

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Hi, this is Vini, I'm thinking of buying one of your guns, can you send me some free stuff?

Hi, this is Vini, I'm thinking I don't have any money can you send me some free stuff?

I recall doing something like this in grade school. Had to write different places and ask for information. Can't remember if our grade was based on weather they were nice or not. Think I still have some of it in a drawer someplace.

Word of mouth is your best advertisement. If they appreciate their customers specially one that has bought a firearms they will take care of it. I guess, too much time on my hands. Baretta speaks English just fine they have a center locate in the USA. They are just cheap plain and simple. Actually, the pitch goes like this: Hi, I am vini, and I was wondering if you can send me promotional items for your products. CZ actually ask me what for? I told them that I like their firearms and that wanted to promote among my friends. I wonder what would Kahr do. I leave them for Monday.

Bawanna
03-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Word of mouth is your best advertisement. If they appreciate their customers specially one that has bought a firearms they will take care of it. I guess, too much time on my hands. Baretta speaks English just find they have a center locate in the USA. They are just cheap plain and simple. Actually, the pitch goes like this: Hi, I am vini, and I was wondering if you can send me promotional items for your products. CZ actually ask me what for? I told them that I like their firearms and that wanted to promote among my friends. I wonder what would Kahr do. I leave them for tomorrow.

Excellent approach. I was joking about Beretta. I went thru their armorer course, not much free stuff like some of the others. Allowed us to purchase knifes or armorer shirts, I think we did get a free hat now that I think on that. Colt gave away I think sunglasses, some AR mag springs. Glock usually has stickers, keychains, always a good lunch. I got a coffee mug (nice) when we transitioned to Glocks along with a broken promise of our own in house armorer class but that was no big deal. We'll watch and see your results. Very fair unbiased approach.

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Excellent approach. I was joking about Beretta. I went thru their armorer course, not much free stuff like some of the others. Allowed us to purchase knifes or armorer shirts, I think we did get a free hat now that I think on that. Colt gave away I think sunglasses, some AR mag springs. Glock usually has stickers, keychains, always a good lunch. I got a coffee mug (nice) when we transitioned to Glocks along with a broken promise of our own in house armorer class but that was no big deal. We'll watch and see your results. Very fair unbiased approach.

You will be surprise of the things you can get just by asking or making an observation about a product etc.... Try it, you will like it.:angel:

jkalantzis
03-19-2010, 04:17 PM
I think I need to try this. I love promotional items from products I love. Thanks for the idea. And if they don't hook me up I will use the old, "but when Vini called you gave him a brand nib pm9" all I want is a sticker.

recoilguy
03-19-2010, 05:24 PM
I am sure CZ asked what for because on their web site they donate tons of things for Karma give aways and CZ is very generous to those type of events. CZ is a good company, asking why seems like what I would do if someone called my company asking for free stuff.

If they had a good reason I'd give them things, if they were just looking for some stuff for nothing I'd give them as a company pen or notepad. If it was a sexy sounding women maybe a little more.

RCG

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 05:29 PM
I am sure CZ asked what for because on their web site they donate tons of things for Karma give aways and CZ is very generous to those type of events. CZ is a good company, asking why seems like what I would do if someone called my company asking for free stuff.

If they had a good reason I'd give them things, if they were just looking for some stuff for nothing I'd give them as a company pen or notepad. If it was a sexy sounding women maybe a little more.

RCG

Thanks for sharing, I am sure they won't mind the free advertisement.

Bawanna
03-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Pssst, me stupid again. What's a karma give away and those types of events?
CZ makes good stuff and Dan Wesson's seem to be much improved since they bought em. Course just my opinion on that.

wyntrout
03-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Didja ever think what it would sound like if Julian had used his family name instead of Kahr??? What are you doing today? I'm going to shoot the Moon! LOL!:D:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Wynn:behindsofa:

Bawanna
03-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Didja ever think what it would sound like if Julian had used his family name instead of Kahr??? What are you doing today? I'm going to shoot the Moon! LOL!:D:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Your a sick man Mr. Wyn. Funnier than all get out but still a few bubbles out of plumb. So does this have anything to do with Karma or giveaways? I need to know.

wyntrout
03-19-2010, 05:55 PM
It's Kahr related.:cheer2::p
Wynn:D

Vini', I think I may have used them up!:D

Maybe he used up his quota??

mrsig239
03-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Kama is when someone gives away something to another poster of a forum for free even though he could have sold it elsewhere.
It is said to bring good luck.

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 06:01 PM
It's Kahr related.:cheer2::p

Vini', I think I may have used them up!:D

:photo:

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Kama is when someone gives away something to another poster of a forum for free even though he could have sold it elsewhere.

And it does.....

wyntrout
03-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Does it happen if no one sees it??:confused:

Testing...:cheer2::D

Wynn:p

It must be you, Vini'.:boink:

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Does it happen if no one sees it??:confused:

Testing...:cheer2::D

Wynn:p

It must be you, Vini'.:boink:
Water under

wyntrout
03-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Dang! Why would anyone single you out?
Wynn

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Dang! Why would anyone single you out?
Wynn

It makes me wonder!

wyntrout
03-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Have you tried the keyboard versions... : D and : blah :. I added spaces.

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Have you tried the keyboard versions... : D and : blah :. I added spaces.

I have an idea of what possible happen, not a big deal, but some people may be made out of paper. Me on the other hand my skin is made our of rubber just like a T600 :crazy:

wyntrout
03-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Good. I see you got your "mojo" working again. Musta been one of those oopsies or gotchas.

recoilguy
03-19-2010, 09:16 PM

True that...... normally it goes like this.......I have a "insert item name here" I got from the LGS or and extra one. I will give it to whoever I draw from the names that sign up in the next 5 days by noon.

Then the rest of the forum says yea Id like one or no thanks I already have one and the guys that say yes post count me in. Then 5 days later the OP says I picked Joeblowtheragman PM me youer addy and I will send you your new shinny thing I just gave away.

CZ-USA donates to their site on a regular basis and the Administrators give it away. Its fun and its pretty cool winning stuff.

RCG

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Good. I see you got your "mojo" working again. Musta been one of those oopsies or gotchas.

Well it seems that is working now, that makes me wonder again!

jeep45238
03-19-2010, 09:22 PM
New gun purchases:

Ruger - nada (times two)

Kel-Tec - nada (times two)

Kahr - nada (times two)

Armscor/Rock Island Armory - nada

DPMS - nada

Smith and Wesson - 2 free mags (pending)

Not a gun maker, but reloading companies:

Lee - nada (bought a lot through them)

RCBS - nada

Hornady - 1000 bullets, 5 bushings, 5 retaining springs

Everything else was bought second hand - I don't expect freebees though. I do have a Glock hat from working at a gun shop, and a HK cleaning kit that was given to me.

Vinikahr
03-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for sharing, I am sure they won't mind the free advertisement.

I have a CZ P07 Duty, like the trigger and the way it feels in the hand( like 1911), I got big hands and need to add more grips. See, free advertisement, I did my part and I will be waiting for their part.

WMD
03-22-2010, 09:34 AM

Oh that was too funny! :D ROTFL