PDA

View Full Version : Davidson's Lifetime Warranty

LProf
12-21-2012, 08:25 AM
I am considering buying a Kahr through Davidsons gallery of guns. The cost through my local FFL dealer will be just a few dollars more then I would pay elsewhere, but since Kahr has a five year warranty, Davidsons "lifetime warranty" seems appealing, particularly since I shoot a lot.

Has anyone purchased through Davidsons and actually used the warranty successfully?

If so, was it a hassle, or did it work easily?

If anyone is reluctant to post publicly, then please send a PM.

Thanks.

Barth
12-21-2012, 08:32 AM
I am considering buying a Kahr through Davidsons gallery of guns. The cost through my local FFL dealer will be just a few dollars more then I would pay elsewhere, but since Kahr has a five year warranty, Davidsons "lifetime warranty" seems appealing, particularly since I shoot a lot.

Has anyone purchased through Davidsons and actually used the warranty successfully?

Thanks.

My MK40 is built like a tank and has never needed any service of any kind.
I shoot a lot too. But having a quality product is much more important to me than a warranty.
I very much doubt I'll ever need one.

FLBri
12-22-2012, 06:42 AM
Never used there Lifetime deal on a Kahr, but I did on a NAA guardian one time. I was so disappointed in the gun that I asked them, since they were taking it back anyway, to credit me for a different handgun. They did that and kept me as a very happy customer.

muggsy
12-22-2012, 07:31 AM

Thanks.

I'm always leery of a life time warranty. I don't know if they are referring to my lifetime or the lifetime of the company. Davidson's could close their doors tomorrow, though I don't see it happening. Make sure you read the fine print.