PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas gift to myself - HK MP5

ripley16
12-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Well... it says HK on the reciever, but it's made by Walther, imported by Umarex. It's a HK MP5-22. I just purchased this today, used but in excellent shape. These are fairly new so it can't be but a year or so old. The seller included a cheap but usable red dot reflex sight and an optional picatinny rail, a single point sling as well as a fair to miding rifle bag. All for about $100 less than retail on the gun alone.

I've given away most of my fun plinkers to my sons, so I thought I deserved to find a .22lr, created for fun and laughs and cheap shooting. The "cool factor" is OK too. I need more mags, but that'll come later. The suppressor is fake, just there to lengthen the barrel, but the stock collapses. Has similar sights to the real MP5. Has an adjustable bolt to handle standard or HV ammo. Seems solid and well made.

HK sued GSG to stop their production of a .22 clone. This is the HK sanctioned model. I figure it should be better made if they allowed their logo to be used. At least I hope so.

It came cleaned and oiled and ready to entertain. I've had good success with FTf deals, legal in Virginia, using a website dedicated to hooking up seller and buyers

Here she is; the Ripley Wannbe Special. :D

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/rose3mp5003_zpse2088729.jpg

JustinN
12-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Definitely a good looking copy. Should be lots of fun, and will get you a lot of looks at the range...especially shooting .22 out of the fake can people will think it's just a legit 9mm. If it shoots anything like a real one shoots, you won't want to put it down.

Tinman507
12-23-2012, 09:50 AM
It's black. Looks all Military and $hit. Is that one of dem dere a-salt rifles?

Good luck with it. It's definitely a 10 on the cool scale.

Bawanna
12-23-2012, 10:36 AM
My son has one, it's a lot of fun. Some of the geniune HK stuff actually fits.

Pretty cool toy, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

les strat
12-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Where's the like button?????

Cool rifle!

ripley16
12-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Where's the like button?????

I wish!!;)

Longitude Zero
12-23-2012, 04:15 PM
I got one before HK acted lick the plick company they are. Really a ton o' fun with mine. From a quality position they are no better or worse than the orginal that by the way HK initially approved of and only stepped in with the infringemnt BS when they saw they made a poor deal.

Barth
12-24-2012, 06:36 AM
Heckler and Koch MP5 is something I've always wanted.
And likely will never own.
http://www.alexanderltd.com/sniper/mp5%20brief.jpg

josp
12-26-2012, 07:26 AM
I got one of the GSG SD models (bigger can) and it's a hoot. Put the collapsible stock on it for looks. Still have the open sights but there isn't a pop can around that doesn't shudder when she gets uncased.:84:

ripley16
12-26-2012, 08:35 AM
...there isn't a pop can around that doesn't shudder when she gets uncased.

very funny! :D