PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas from Michigan!

BassPlr
12-24-2012, 07:59 AM
I am a new CW9 owner living in Mt. Clemens. This is my first pistol and I intend to use as CCW. I grew up shooting archery and only have limited use in firearms. My Kahr is the first pistol I have ever shot. My local gun shop recommended the CW9 for my intended use. I read a lot of reviews and all said it was a very nice gun. I'm glad I went with it! I've only been to the range twice, 50 rounds the first time and 100 second, but every time has been a dream to shoot! It feels very natural in my hand! I can't wait to shoot it again! I have my CCW class at the end of the week, so wish me luck, and intend to put more rounds before then. I can't wait to to read through all the sub forums to learn more tips and tricks. The first thing I may do is change the sites to something brighter. I'm very used to illuminated sights on my bow. May you all have a wonderful holiday!

Booker T
12-24-2012, 10:03 AM
From one new guy to another, Welcome BassPlr. Glad your Kahr is settling in nicely. I love mine. Best of luck to you at your CCW class, but I think you will find it more informative and a formality, than a challenge. The wealth of knowledge here is amazing and there are some down right smart folks about Kahrs and guns in general. Merry Christmas to you as well!

Yogi 117
12-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the forum. You're going to love the CW9. Merry Christmas to you & your family. Hope to see you posting, great place to get info & questions answered. :D

LorenzoB
12-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the forum BassPlr! Do you play fish or the stringed instrument? ;)

Congrats on your CW9, I have one too and love it, I'm sure it won't be your last Kahr. Merry Christmas too!

kerby9mm
12-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the forum. Just wondering which LGS or range you go to because I'm in Livonia. Could it be Peters or Double Action?

Rubb
12-24-2012, 12:48 PM
And back attya from that state just south.. from a 4 stringer ta boot ;)

AIRret
12-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Welcome, BassPir. Your going to love this forum. There many knowledgable people who are more than willing to help.
My husband and I live in Chesterfield TWP (next door to New Baltimore) so if you need some guidance we would be willing to help. We don't know it all but we do have some experience with guns.
I'll PM you.

BassPlr
12-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Thank you everyone who posted! @Booker T thanks for the heads up! I'm sure it'll be very informative. I can't wait! @Yogi 117 thank you for the holiday wishes! @LorenzoB Actually I used to tournament bass fish and I play bass (5 string) for my church. BassPlr was sort of a play on words. Lol @kerby9mm I shoot at Brown Bear Sporting Goods in Chesterfield Twp. on Gratiot Rd. A very nice and knowledgeable group there! I used to shoot archery at Peter's and Double Action! Lol small world! @Rubb sweet! Would that be spelled RuBb sometimes? ;) @AIRret thank you for your willingness to lend your knowledge! That's always appreciated! I have so much to learn! Have a great holiday!

Ol'coot
12-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Welcome, From Lake Orion, MI You will like it here a great group of people.

Rubb
12-25-2012, 12:23 PM
No...but Im always flat....:o

Geobob
12-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Hello, BassPir, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here! Blessed Christmas Day to you and yours!

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, consider taking some good instructional classes in addition to your CCLclass. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Lot of good info, and it's free.

BassPlr
12-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks ol'coot! It does seem like there are a lot of nice people here! Very helpful already! @Rubb nah I'm sure you're not flat, just dropped tuned! Haha @Geobob thank you for the recommendations! I will surely check out those videos! The Governor of Michigan just vetoed a bill that would have allowed us to conceal and carry in no gun areas with additional training. The CCW class I'm attending Friday should have advanced classes to offer. I may look into those if I like the instructors. You can never have enough training!

BucketBack
12-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Welcome, I've lived on Grand,Washington and 4th street

BassPlr
12-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Hello BucketBack!

Flincher
12-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Welcome from another new guy from balmy North Dakota

BassPlr
01-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Hi Flincher!