PDA

View Full Version : No 9 mm bullets

MW surveyor
12-24-2012, 01:14 PM
at the friendly reloading store today. No 115, 125 or 147 grain in lead or fmj.:mad:

They did at least have a bunch of 45 ACP and 38/357 though. Primers up to $37.00 per box of 1,000.

Picked up some 200 grain and 230 grain 45. Plus another box of LPPs.:)

Rubb
12-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Yep...the last ammo crunch was the reason I started loading 9mm...now this :(
Enough on hand for plenty of 45 though ;)

Bawanna
12-24-2012, 03:25 PM
I lagged and lost on the M1A and AR rush, I knew it was coming and I knew what I needed to do but as usual I listened to Mrs bawanna and thats wrong every day of the week.

I did get very lucky and I have a good supply of 45 ingredients. The two boxes of bullets are still by the front door, need to have weight lifter son relocate.

Wife insist under tree, then to the man cave.

MW surveyor
12-24-2012, 03:38 PM
There's a gun shop alongside the reloading store. No ARs or any other black type rifle on the wall. Told the guy I was looking for an AR. He laughed.

Time is running out to get the bullets under the tree!

MW surveyor
12-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Still no 9 mm bullets today!

May have to order online.

Pyranha
12-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Went to a gun show yesterday. The busiest I have ever seen. There were plenty of PMags and AR's... however that was likely do to the absolutely atrocious price gouging.

As for ammo, there was only one vendor with any of note and his prices were double what they usually were.

BucketBack
12-31-2012, 05:20 AM
I'm going to have to order online. The LGS is $12& up per hundred for 115 FMJ.No cast stuff.

When you add the $10 in fuel costs for the round trip, that's no deal.

MW surveyor
12-31-2012, 08:25 AM
The shop that I normally buy my lead bullets at is exactly 1.2 miles from my house. :)

$12 per hundred is not too bad for FMJ ammo. If your local shop doesn't sell lead then I guess that online is the only way for you to go.

The only time I ever buy less than 500 is to test some different weights out. IIRC the only 100 rounds I've ever bought were some 147 grain LTC types.

mr surveyor
12-31-2012, 08:35 AM
yep....it's getting slim pickin's on some components

my gun shop buddy rounded a bunch of us together for a group buy to save us all a bit, and he went through three distributors he normally buy from before finding one that had any primers. I think our group only listed about 35k primers, but he called me yesterday to say he was ordering 75k of the only primers he could locate. Sellior and Bellot. I called all the guys I had taken order lists from and explained the situation...no CCI, no Fed, no Win, no Rem, no Wolf........ I think we all agreed that the S&B primers should be adequate, at least to tide us over long enough for everything to become stable again and let the normal supply line recover.

I don't wish any "bad luck" (not much anyway) on those that are trying to push this shortage scam for their own financial gain, I just hope they are no where near successful. There are too many people out there doing with ammunition what the Hunt Brothers did to the silver market nearly 40 years ago. The only difference is that the manufacturers of primers and other ammo related components can make more...at least until some silly legislation is passed to put them completely out of business. The short term shortages tend to lend themselves to a 200-400% gain in investments for the ammo scalpers, whereas the silver market was a longer term investment that lead to an astronimical return on the original investment (while also jacking up the economies of not only the US, but also most of the civilized world). In the case of legislative action, or some such nonsense, being taken that could put the manufacturers out of business, that would most likely make any transfer of ammunition or components illegal to transfer. I would not be wanting to have several thousands of dollars invested in millions of primers that suddenly have no value, other than black market.

yep... I'm rambling, and probably not making much sense. Every stinking thing those wonderful elected "persons" we (collectively speaking) sent to DC are discussing right now has an immediate effect on me personally, and not one single thing they are proposing to do will have a positive effect on my life.

.... o.k. .... stop now... get another cup of coffee..... this is the Reloading Subforum - not the "unloading" subforum:(

Rubb
12-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Powder Valley is OUT of 9mm.
Ordered from Berrys.

http://www.berrysmfg.com/products-c58-Berrys_Preferred_Plated_Pistol_Bullets.aspx

Hopefully I can find some primers…

BucketBack
12-31-2012, 09:52 AM
I received 1000 124 HP's last week from here, his price is already up $2 from then

http://www.evergladesammo.com

ETA, plus he's Out Of Stock on them presently:(

downtownv
12-31-2012, 10:49 AM
My Guy is good but not selling to newbies.....

Bobby
12-31-2012, 11:19 AM
OMG the only 9 at Wally World cost 31 bucks for 20!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MW surveyor
12-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Geez, I hope that was for SD ammo! Even though that's pretty high especially for Walmart!

Now you know why I reload.

Rubb
12-31-2012, 01:39 PM
When I placed the order at berrys on the 27th they were shipping in 5-7 business days.
Now they’re saying 3-4 weeks :eek:

BucketBack
12-31-2012, 02:25 PM
My Guy is good but not selling to newbies.....
So what are saying.....:(

I'm not even going to start loading until the spring, because of the moisture level in the barn. So a few week wait is meaningless at the moment. As long as I can get the stock built up before spring or the weather breaks;)

Charlie98
01-03-2013, 08:25 AM
I went on to Midway last night and actually was able to order 4 boxes of Winchester 9mm for the CW9 and some Rainer plated .45's (200grn, the 230's were sold out.) They also had 9mm bullets available, but my budgetary limits were met with the ammo and .45 bullets. Maybe next time.

The only thing I really need is small rifle primers... I haven't loaded 5.56mm in many years and didn't realize I only had 500 on hand. I'm just going to wait the rush out... eventually all the chicken littles will run out of money and supply will return. Or they will pass restrictions and it won't matter.

I'm going to the Dallas gunshow this weekend... I'll be curious to see what I find.

BucketBack
01-03-2013, 08:40 AM
A gun shop in Norton Shores MI, had 9mm bullets for $20 @100, and Small Pistol Primers for $37.50 @ 1000, he still has them

Another shop in Muskegon has Win 9mm 115 $11.99 @ 100 in stock, Small Pistol Primers go for $30 @ 1000, out of stock.

I have 3K SPP's in stock, with 1200 bullets. I need 2K more for the primers I have

MW surveyor
01-03-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm pretty much equal on the bullets and primers. 3k spp and 2k lpp.