PDA

View Full Version : New pm9 dlc with n/s

jkalantzis
03-22-2010, 06:28 PM
:D FINALLY DID IT RIGHT! I'M CHARGING MY PHONE SO PICS WILL BE SOON. I STRUGGLED AT THE STORE BETWEEN THE 9 OR THE 40. THE GUY TOLD ME THEY ADDED SOME LENGTH TO THE SLIDE AND ADDED THE 45 CAL RECOIL SPRING AS WELL TO HELP WITH THE RECOIL. IT ALMOST HAD ME SOLD, ACTUALLY IT DOES HAVE ME SOLD I'M JUST GOING TO WAIT UNTILL I'M READY TO PURCHASE IT. I'M IN LOVE WITH HER, I TOOK HER HOME AND CLEANED HER ALL UP. I USED BREAKFREE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I DON'T QUITE UNDERSTAND HOW IT SHOULD BE USED. I'M USED TO USING SOLVENT AND QTIPS TO CLEAN MY GUN, BUT THIS STUFF I GUESS YOU JUST SPRAY IT ALL OVER THE PLACE?:confused:I THINK I SCREWED UP BY PUTTING IT ON THE SLIDE BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO HAVE LIGHTENED IT SOME, I DON'T KNOW CAN'T WIN. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THE RIGHT WAY TO CLEAN THE @$% THING? I GOT THE LUBE CHART AND I'M GOOD IN THAT DEPARTMENT. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT. ANYWAYS I'M RAMBLING, I GUESS I'M JUST IN HEAVEN WITH MY NEW BABY. HOPEFULLY I CAN GET HER TO THE RANGE TOMORROW AND HAVE A GREAT SESSION TO REPORT BACK. PICS AND REPORT ON THE WAY. THANKS EVERYONE FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY WHINNING OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS TRYING TO SELL MY GUN TO GET THE ONE I HAVE NOW. :7: YOU GUYS AND GALS HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP, THANK YOU:yo:

Bawanna
03-22-2010, 07:06 PM
No need to thank us, we do this as a public service. That's why we're all here to help each other, harass each other, share our happiness and disapointments.
I wish you all good things on your forthcoming first range session. Look forward to pictures and a good report.

After all you've been thru your due for good things. If it goes bad (please don't let that happen). Unplug your computer and throw it out the freaking window, I don't want to hear about it.

Ok, Ok another little white lie, I want to hear but don't want it to happen, ya know what I mean Vern?

wyntrout
03-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Congratulations, jkalantzis! Just don't put too much oil in it and spray yourself when you shoot it. Grease lightly the rails -- all of them. Make sure that slide lock gets put in correctly with the retainer spring and through that Peanut-shaped hole in the bottom of the barrel, not in front or behind it.

When you go to get another Kahr, get the PM45 DLC with NS. Don't settle for the .40, which from all accounts (except a few biased guys) kicks more than the PM45. My PM9 has become the "stepchild" since the PM45 is only about 4 ounces more and fits the same holsters. It's my new "love". Don't settle for the wrong one AGAIN.:rolleyes:
Wynn:D

jkalantzis
03-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks Wynn, but what do you mean spray myself when I shoot it?

In-Yo-Grill
03-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Soooo...what did you ever do with your other one...?

Congrats on your new purchase. I know if there were a place here that had the black ones in stock I'd have one in my hands by now too. Can't wait to see the pics.

Bawanna
03-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks Wynn, but what do you mean spray myself when I shoot it?

He's tuggin on your leg. A gun that has way way too much oil will sometimes spray oil. This is more true in like AR 15's and such. Don't get worked up about that, ain't gonna happen. If it does, you'll be the first, get pictures, maybe video, he can tell you how to route it thru cyber space at varying speeds and make you think your at a Black Sabbath concert on Halloween night. Enjoy, what are you doing here anyhow, get to the range. We'll wait.

ok bye.

hsart
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM
:D FINALLY DID IT RIGHT! I'M CHARGING MY PHONE SO PICS WILL BE SOON. I STRUGGLED AT THE STORE BETWEEN THE 9 OR THE 40. THE GUY TOLD ME THEY ADDED SOME LENGTH TO THE SLIDE AND ADDED THE 45 CAL RECOIL SPRING AS WELL TO HELP WITH THE RECOIL. IT ALMOST HAD ME SOLD, ACTUALLY IT DOES HAVE ME SOLD I'M JUST GOING TO WAIT UNTILL I'M READY TO PURCHASE IT. I'M IN LOVE WITH HER, I TOOK HER HOME AND CLEANED HER ALL UP. I USED BREAKFREE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I DON'T QUITE UNDERSTAND HOW IT SHOULD BE USED. I'M USED TO USING SOLVENT AND QTIPS TO CLEAN MY GUN, BUT THIS STUFF I GUESS YOU JUST SPRAY IT ALL OVER THE PLACE?:confused:I THINK I SCREWED UP BY PUTTING IT ON THE SLIDE BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO HAVE LIGHTENED IT SOME, I DON'T KNOW CAN'T WIN. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THE RIGHT WAY TO CLEAN THE @$% THING? I GOT THE LUBE CHART AND I'M GOOD IN THAT DEPARTMENT. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT. ANYWAYS I'M RAMBLING, I GUESS I'M JUST IN HEAVEN WITH MY NEW BABY. HOPEFULLY I CAN GET HER TO THE RANGE TOMORROW AND HAVE A GREAT SESSION TO REPORT BACK. PICS AND REPORT ON THE WAY. THANKS EVERYONE FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY WHINNING OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS TRYING TO SELL MY GUN TO GET THE ONE I HAVE NOW. :7: YOU GUYS AND GALS HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP, THANK YOU:yo:
Congrats... enjoy it. We all know you will. Do they have another one for sale??

Bawanna
03-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Wyn might as well sell you his, he's so enamored of his PM45 (I'm soo jealous) that he treats it like the proverbial stepchild. Might just as well put it up for adoption so it can be loved properly again. Wyn, your move.:cool:

wyntrout
03-23-2010, 01:13 PM
If you use way too much oil, it's possible for some to be blown out at you -- another good reason to wear shooting glasses... and a hat... for those wayward ejected cases. I don't forget my Kahr cap anymore, but the new ejector helped with the forehead hits.
Just remember... don't settle for your next gun!

I can hardly wait to see how the P380N will fit into my CCW -- coming up on 11 months waiting! The .22 TPH wasn't very noticeable and the P380 will weighs a smidgen less than the TPH, and, loaded with Buffalo Bore 90-gr JHP +P ammo, it ought to be formidable... if that stuff shoots well. :D

It will take me longer to get ready to leave the house ... choices... hmmm... light, extra-light, or the "heavy"! :D

In-Yo-Grill
03-23-2010, 01:47 PM
If you use way too much oil, it's possible for some to be blown out at you -- another good reason to wear shooting glasses... and a hat... for those wayward ejected cases. I don't forget my Kahr cap anymore, but the new ejector helped with the forehead hits.
Just remember... don't settle for your next gun!

I can hardly wait to see how the P380N will fit into my CCW -- coming up on 11 months waiting! The .22 TPH wasn't very noticeable and the P380 will weighs a smidgen less than the TPH, and, loaded with Buffalo Bore 90-gr JHP +P ammo, it ought to be formidable... if that stuff shoots well. :D

It will take me longer to get ready to leave the house ... choices... hmmm... light, extra-light, or the "heavy"! :D

Sounds like a Tampax commercial...:behindsofa::banplease:

Bawanna
03-23-2010, 02:03 PM

I told Wyn they would work. We had a protect the forehead comakazi tampax all figured out. I think he was just to shy to try it and see if it worked. Another technilogical development left on the drawing board.

Bawanna
03-23-2010, 02:07 PM

That's why I wear one too!

nick561
03-23-2010, 02:13 PM
i love the kahr jkalantzis. thanks for the good sale. i hope you like your new one:)

wyntrout
03-23-2010, 02:35 PM
I just ordered every spring I could use from Wolf Springs. They don't have .45 stuff for Kahrs, though.
I got a complete set for my S&W 645 + magazine springs as well. I got +5% springs for Kahr 9mm 6 and 7-round mags and recil springs for the K9 and PM9.
Wynn:)

jkalantzis
03-23-2010, 02:43 PM
i love the kahr jkalantzis. thanks for the good sale. i hope you like your new one:)

Hey Nick good to see you here. More importantly enjoy your new baby, she runs perfect. I loved her so much I just wanted the DLC with NS. Keep in touch and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new addition to your family (not the PM9) your little one, she was beautiful.

jkalantzis
03-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Soooo...what did you ever do with your other one...?

Congrats on your new purchase. I know if there were a place here that had the black ones in stock I'd have one in my hands by now too. Can't wait to see the pics.

In-yo-grill, I sold it to our new member Nick561. Pics coming soon.

jkalantzis
03-23-2010, 02:47 PM

They have the DLC but with no night sights.

They have a PM40 DLC with N/S.

jocko
03-23-2010, 02:48 PM
i seriously doubt if you harmed the slide with any cleaner. That DLC finish is super super hard, Just wipe it down after with a silicone cloth with alittle oil on it and the finish will come right back. You didn't harm a thing.

Now just go out and shoot it like u stole it...Nice gun..

jkalantzis
03-23-2010, 02:52 PM
i seriously doubt if you harmed the slide with any cleaner. That DLC finish is super super hard, Just wipe it down after with a silicone cloth with alittle oil on it and the finish will come right back. You didn't harm a thing.

Now just go out and shoot it like u stole it...Nice gun..

Thanks Jocko I feel better now. And thanks for all your help in the past.

getsome
03-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi jkalantzis, So congrats on the .40 cal....I really like my CW40 and the reason I chose it was mainly due to the ammo situation.....It seemed that I could always find .40 cal even when there was no .45 or 9mm to be found so I figured it would be a good idea to pick up the CW40...I never had a .40 cal before and found it had a pretty stout kick and muzzle flip to it so I sent it off to Mag-na-Port and now she is much easier to shoot...It still lets you know you just shot a big round but is much more tame than before the port job...Now for the cleaning/lube part...Everyone has his or her own favorite magic lube or cleaner but I will tell you what I have found to work well for me and not cost a fortune like some of the products out there....1. Field strip the unloaded pistol...Get a .40 cal brass brush and use some bore cleaner, I use hoppes #9 (also good for aftershave use) clean the bore and run a few clean patchs through it and when the barrel is clean lightly oil the outside all around...Now for lube I have found that Mobil 1 5w30 motor oil works just as good as any other product I have tried and a qt. bottle is a lifetime supply The CLP product is good but I dont care for the odor and it shouldn't be mixed up with something like rem oil because it will turn into goo.... I use electronic spray cleaner to clean out all the gunk (Its cheap and wont harm plastic) Jocko likes the 3M brake cleaner which is also a good cheap product to clean the striker hole out with...I like the electronic cleaner because it doesnt have an odor like the brake cleaner does....now if you want to do the grease thing on the slide rails I have found another great cheap product you can pick up at any auto parts store....Its engine assembly lube that you put on new camshafts and internal engine parts of a new engine....the stuff is pretty thick and chock full of moly and zink and won't fly all over the place and is super slick and one tube is also a lifetime supply...Try whatever products you like but there really isn't any reason to spend alot of coin on speciality gun cleaning products IMHO....Good luck with your new baby.....:cool:

Bawanna
03-23-2010, 03:41 PM
I thought it was another 9, just DLS and N/s's. Now I'm confused. All systems normal.

wyntrout
03-23-2010, 04:28 PM
I can just see this -- "Does my CCW (or EDC) make my a$$ look fat??":rolleyes:

Or you pocket carriers... the old " Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" Which could be kind of embarrassing among your "Buds".:rolleyes:
:19:

jkalantzis
03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
It's a nine, sorry for the confusion.

hsart
03-23-2010, 05:28 PM
They have the DLC but with no night sights.

They have a PM40 DLC with N/S.
Do you know how much the dlc w/o NS is? Is it a local gun shop by you?

jkalantzis
03-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Do you know how much the dlc w/o NS is? Is it a local gun shop by you?

I'm pretty sure it is $595

jkalantzis
03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
they also have a used one i saw for $495

In-Yo-Grill
03-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Glad to see your other PM9 went to a good home. Looking forward to a range report.

getsome
03-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Sorry, my bad....I thought you got the .40.....I think the 9mm is the better choice anyway...Love that DLC finish....Enjoy!!!

reign719
04-14-2010, 04:02 PM
they also have a used one i saw for $495

Question, what gunshop is the used pm9 avail for 495? B&H?

I'm in Orlando, but the PM9's here are just too pricey.

Thanks in advance!