PDA

View Full Version : PM9/40 magazine issue

peterj
03-23-2010, 08:24 PM
I bought a new 6 round PM9 mag (in the bag, marked PM9) a couple of weeks ago from a local dealer. I took it out tonight and it's marked 40 Kahr on the side. It fits in my 9 but quite snug (you have to pull it out). 9mm and 40 cal rounds both fit in it, so I'm confused.
It looks identical sizewise to the factory 9 mag but again, it's stamped 40.

Any ideas?

Bawanna
03-23-2010, 08:40 PM
I bought a new 6 round PM9 mag (in the bag, marked PM9) a couple of weeks ago from a local dealer. I took it out tonight and it's marked 40 Kahr on the side. It fits in my 9 but quite snug (you have to pull it out). 9mm and 40 cal rounds both fit in it, so I'm confused.

Any ideas?

Sounds like somebody mis marked the bag. If the mag itself is stamped 40 I'd say the odds are pretty high it's a 40 mag. Usually 9 and 40's will run out of the same mags, I know beretta's will. If it's tight I'd take it back and swap it for the correct one.

Bawanna
03-23-2010, 09:00 PM
What part of Wa you reside in peterj? It'll be our secret, won't tell nobody, just curious. Only other guy from wa I know is riceboy. He's SW I think. I'm in Monroe or will be until I hear Jocko or some of the fellas is looking for me. Then I might head to my safe house over by MX5fan. Gotta be ready to move around this place.

peterj
03-23-2010, 09:13 PM
I would take it back but I cant find the receipt and I bought it 85 miles away.

Anybody want to trade straight across new 40 mag for new 9?

Bawanna
03-23-2010, 11:43 PM
I would take it back but I cant find the receipt and I bought it 85 miles away.

Anybody want to trade straight across new 40 mag for new 9?

Or you could just order up a 40 and have an extra mag? Just a thought. I've used that before in attempts to convince the missus that a new gun purchase would be a good thing. The success is usually rather dismal but you gotta keep trying.
I don't have a PM40 or I'd just get a 9 and swap ya. I have a K40 that I just bought a couple mags for so guess I'm not the guy to help. Sorry.

jocko
03-24-2010, 05:03 AM

Any ideas?

do show those magazine as different part numbers, so I would say there is some difference there. The PM40 magazine is 5 rounds and the PM9 is 6 rounds, possably the difference though is the 40 cal is a bigger round and therefore takes up more room. why not call kahr and talk to IAN, he is a pretty great guy and he might tell you that they will work, with maybe just a follower change or he might say not it willnot work or send it back and he will exchange it. It only costs a phone call. the snug part could just be the magazine itself. My PM9 all 3 of my magazines never dropped free from day on, still don't today and I kinda like it that way now that I have gotten used to it. Certainly no change of accidently hitting the mag release and having the damn magazine fly all or hell's half acre.

Give Kahr a call and talk to IAN or Clay Covel, they know what they say to, and let us know on this forum what transpires. :behindsofa:

peterj
03-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Yes, it is a 5 round 40 mag. Any traders?

jocko
03-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Kahr says the mags are different, They said you might get by with the PM40 mag in a PM9 but not vice versa. Best to give kahr a call and just see what they will do for you and then decide from there...