PDA

View Full Version : PM40 first 250 range report

Frankhenrylee
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Went back to the range this past weekend to put some more rounds through her. Shot 150 Federal 180gr. FMJ's this time. 100 Win 165gr. FMJ's last time. Took my wife this time to get her trained on the new gun. No malfunctions of any kind to report. The problem with the first round out of the mag not loading seems to have sorted itself out about halfway through the shoot. I'll have to put another 250 through it before I say its fixed though. Very accurate for a short barrel. Almost as accurate as my XD-M, and probably will be as I get in more time with it. One thing that is really bothering me is there is some very rough milling on the front of the ejection port. This rough edge is causing some chipping on the top of my barrel where its sliding over the top of the square part of the barrel. I guess I'll probably have to send it in for some repairs. Also, my 5rd. mag fits well, but my two 6rd mags have a lot of play in them. I'd say they can move up and down almost 1/8". Anyway, I hope they can get it taken care of without having to replace anything. Don't want to have to break in a new slide and barrel.

jocko
03-24-2010, 10:56 AM
PM sent, nice gun