PDA

View Full Version : Americans want guns

knkali
01-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Dont you get it Piers Morgan?

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-purchasers-set-record-december-fbi-173006328.html;_ylt=Alwh7q0oQqQbSRrR7F7x6ILNt.d_;_ ylu=X3oDMTNsdjE5MGhnBG1pdANNaWdyYXRlZCBmcm9tIE1lZG lhSENNQ29uZmlnIC0gSENNT0wgb24gYXJ0aWNsZSByaWdodCBy YWlsBHBrZwNpZC0yOTUyMTg5BHBvcwM1BHNlYwNNZWRpYUJDYX JvdXNlbE1peGVkSENNBHZlcgMxMg--;_ylg=X3oDMTM2dWF2YWJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYTljZDhkMTUtZTUzZS0zZTQ2LTliNDYtZTc0NTlmMj EzYzQ2BHBzdGNhdANzY2llbmNlfHdlYXRoZXJuZXdzBHB0A3N0 b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

TheTman
01-03-2013, 11:19 AM
That's Piers MORON, if you please. He's just another British idiot, that was run out of his own country for faking photographs of alleged torture. Send him anyplace that will take him. The Sudan comes to mind. See how he feels about gun control over there.

7shot
01-03-2013, 12:10 PM
personally i think it's either people that like or are on the bubble about owning guns, due to the outcry of the gun debate, that is causing this massive explosion of sales. that being said i'm sure that a number are also concerned wanting to cc too.

i totally agree that p m is a complete moron. anyone that invites a person onto his show only to insult him (for rating purpose's only) holds no merit with me.

skiflydive
01-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Last Thursday I went to buy tires at a place a block or so away from an LGS. I decided to check out the LGS while I waited. There were NO parking spots left... people were parking on the grass. The store was completely jammed with people including 2 couples inquiring about classes and buying their first handguns. I imagine it's like that a lot of places.

knkali
01-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Last Thursday I went to buy tires at a place a block or so away from an LGS. I decided to check out the LGS while I waited. There were NO parking spots left... people were parking on the grass. The store was completely jammed with people including 2 couples inquiring about classes and buying their first handguns. I imagine it's like that a lot of places.
do you think Biden and the gang are aware of this kind of stuff going on or are they insulated from it. IOWs does this kind of stuff impact what they think the American people will accept? After all, something is going to give. I dont think they will walk away from this without anything to show for it. Perhaps more states becoming like California is the impact?

Armybrat
01-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Dont you get it Piers Morgan?

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-purchasers-set-record-december-fbi-173006328.html;_ylt=Alwh7q0oQqQbSRrR7F7x6ILNt.d_;_ ylu=X3oDMTNsdjE5MGhnBG1pdANNaWdyYXRlZCBmcm9tIE1lZG lhSENNQ29uZmlnIC0gSENNT0wgb24gYXJ0aWNsZSByaWdodCBy YWlsBHBrZwNpZC0yOTUyMTg5BHBvcwM1BHNlYwNNZWRpYUJDYX JvdXNlbE1peGVkSENNBHZlcgMxMg--;_ylg=X3oDMTM2dWF2YWJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYTljZDhkMTUtZTUzZS0zZTQ2LTliNDYtZTc0NTlmMj EzYzQ2BHBzdGNhdANzY2llbmNlfHdlYXRoZXJuZXdzBHB0A3N0 b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

Even as gun purchases rise, the share of U.S. households with a gun has been falling for decades, from 54 percent in 1977 to 32 percent in 2010, according to the University of Chicago's General Social Survey.

I wonder if those pollsters realize that a LARGE percentage of those 68% responding "no guns here" are not telling the truth?

I sure as hell wouldn't tell s surveyor if there were guns in my household.

ScottieG59
01-03-2013, 07:03 PM
I agree that the gun survey is suspect.

I have seen many new gun buyers swamp Cabelas in Kansas City. Many come with friends and relatives to help. Others do not know what to get. Many wanted anything Bushmaster because it was the only brand they heard of.

Anyway, for those needing to get the background check, it was taking many many hours for the store to get a call answered. Many came back the next day. The ATF was taking calls through 1am each night. The FBI was also helping.

We have all seen stores sell out fast.

In the past few weeks, I bought several guns too. Fortunately, I bypassed the lines with my Kansas CCL. It still took time to print the forms but it was not bad.

It is amazing to see just one store. This is happening all over the country.

Planedude
01-03-2013, 07:14 PM
I wonder if those pollsters realize that a LARGE percentage of those 68% responding "no guns here" are not telling the truth?

I sure as hell wouldn't tell s surveyor if there were guns in my household.

I think the most telling thing about that "statistic" is at the end of the statement.
"Even as gun purchases rise, the share of U.S. households with a gun has been falling for decades, from 54 percent in 1977 to 32 percent in 2010, according to the University of Chicago's General Social(ist) Survey."

Me thinks they like to "Bend it like Finestine".

Harrylee
01-04-2013, 01:08 PM
This just another big gun scare, people go crazy when the press blows every thing out of context. In fact they keep referring as a auto they think these are all full autos. I think if Obama said that all gun sales require back round check no one would have any problems with that, you have do for hand guns why not for long guns and not a big deal. Instead now the people fear they will outlaw guns, never will happen. They may limit our magazines we’ll have wait and see. Do you realize how many gun sales have taken place from the start of this, they only made matters worse by making the statement of gun reform. I truly believe the more armed citizens there are the better we all are. Let face it this school shooting was a murder and robbery then a mass murder that kid never filled out paper work for weapons so why take this out on the lawful citizen. I have guns I shoot them and I’m good with them no one is going to tell I can’t defend my family
PS yes I do want more guns