PDA

View Full Version : Kahr CW9 Opinions Please

Ward Cleaver
03-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Could you guys give me your opinions of the CW9 please...quality, dependability, concealability, etc.

Also, what is a fair price to pay for one NIB?

Thank You,
-Ward

Vinikahr
03-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Could you guys give me your opinions of the CW9 please...quality, dependability, concealability, etc.

Also, what is a fair price to pay for one NIB?

Thank You,
-Ward

All of the above Mr Shepherd

Vinikahr
03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Ummmm!

Bawanna
03-24-2010, 05:28 PM
+ 1 on the Welcome.

But Wally thunk it up!!!!!

rtrider
03-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Welcome, and how's the Beaver?

The CW9, like most Kahrs is reliable, accurate and concealable. It's not as small as the Ruger LCP or PM9, but for the $$, it may be one of the best concealable 9mm's around.

As indicated earlier, any sub $400 deal is a good one, and with patience you should be able to find a CW9 around that number. I'm very pleased with mine....

Cornhusker
03-24-2010, 06:45 PM
I sure like mine. If you're LE, Military or Retired Military, $373 delivered thru Buds Gun Shop.

In-Yo-Grill
03-25-2010, 05:54 AM
Welcome aboard...buy one, you will love it.

noslolo
03-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Welcome aboard! The're are a dream to carry!

getsome
03-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi Ward, As June once said, You were a little rough on the Beaver last night dear...:D.....Welcome to the site, We get a little crazy around here sometimes but its all good!!!... The CW9 is a fantastic pistol, I have a CW40 and really like it even with its bark...Get one, You won't be sorry!!!...:cool:

Bawanna
03-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi Ward, As June once said, You were a little rough on the Beaver last night dear...:D.....Welcome to the site, We get a little crazy around here sometimes but its all good!!!... The CW9 is a fantastic pistol, I have a CW40 and really like it even with its bark...Get one, You won't be sorry!!!...:cool:

"A little hard on the Beaver last night!!!" I'm dieing here. Any more hysterical outburst from my cubicle and they'll just know I'm playing Kahr talk instead of stocking bad guys. Ooh man, my sides are coming apart. Hand me a beach towel my eyes are flowing like the nisnabockney river. Thanks getsome, you made my day. I gotta write that down so I don't forget.

jocko
03-25-2010, 11:59 AM
yes I kinda like that comment to. U know back in the days of Leave it to beaver, had june said that our minds would not have been as dirty as they are today. Blame TV for that though..

Not sure about your mind though Bawanna??? It was probably shot to hell back in Ward Cleaver's days. Certainly Ward was not savvy enough to understand what June was telling him either.. even though June was limping around the house most of the next day!!

Bawanna
03-25-2010, 12:12 PM
yes I kinda like that comment to. U know back in the days of Leave it to beaver, had june said that our minds would not have been as dirty as they are today. Blame TV for that though..

Not sure about your mind though Bawanna??? It was probably shot to hell back in Ward Cleaver's days. Certainly Ward was not savvy enough to understand what June was telling him either.. even though June was limping around the house most of the next day!!

So in summary your saying don't let your children watch tv or they'll end up like Bawanna? Tv is why I am what I am? This is significant, I thought it was the model glue in the old days. The stuff that really worked.
Hmmm I shall ponder this new development.

Ward Cleaver
03-25-2010, 07:57 PM
"A little hard on the Beaver last night!!!" I'm dieing here.

Actually Bawanna, there is such an episode of Leave It To Beaver.

Ward (myself) and June are in the kitchen in the morning, and June says..."Ward, don't you think you were a little rough on the Beaver last night?"

That's how that little inside joke originated.

Regards,
-Ward

Bawanna
03-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Actually Bawanna, there is such an episode of Leave It To Beaver.

Ward (myself) and June are in the kitchen in the morning, and June says..."Ward, don't you think you were a little rough on the Beaver last night?"

That's how that little inside joke originated.

Regards,
-Ward

I thought I saw every episode but don't recall that one. No matter I'm still laughing and when life hands me cod liver oil I'll think of that and smile. Thanks for making my day.

recoilguy
03-26-2010, 08:14 AM
From the rumors I heard Ward (the real one not the OP) avoided the beaver and prefered a good wally........but I digress

The CW9 is a fine weapon it is solid and reliable. It makes holes were you aim and it cycles bullets very nicely. Not a lot of felt recoil and easy to conceal although large to just put in your pocket.

400-450 is a good price. If you look the 400 mark can be done.

RCG

Ward Cleaver
03-27-2010, 07:02 AM
From the rumors I heard Ward (the real one not the OP) avoided the beaver and prefered a good wally.

I never heard any such "rumors."
Hugh Beaumont was married for over 30 years and had 3 children.

Regards,
-Ward

SureShot
03-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Ward,
The CW9 is a great gun! I was going through the same thing your probably going through, do I save the couple hundred and go with the CW9 or spend the exter $$ and get the P9? I bought the CW9 and very happy with it. You’re not going to win any competitions with it, but that’s not what it was made for. It is a great self-defense weapon, and easy to conceal. I would buy the CW9 and save the $$ for ammo to practice with.
Good luck and welcome aboard
Paul
Proud NRA and TSRA member

mfcmb
03-27-2010, 07:41 PM
After renting and trying a variety of pistols I settled on the CW9 as smallest semi-auto I felt comfortable handling. I found the recoil on smaller guns, such as the PM9, too hard to control and unpleasant to practice extensively with, and didn't like the way there was no place for my pinky to rest.

In the first six months of ownership I had to send it in for service three times. Kahr service was good each time. Since then it's run fine for thousands of rounds of live fire, and many more thousands of dry-fire clicks.

Concealability is good. It's too big to be a pocket gun: It fits in the front pockets of my khakis, but is too hard to draw and prints too badly. On the other hand it works quite well in a cargo pocket on my cargo shorts or jeans. The cargo shorts are good for everyday warm-weather carry, with the CW9 in a cargo pocket.

Also, I found that although it would reliably feed several different brands of hollow point and ball ammo, it would not feed my favorite self defense load: Corbon DPX. So instead I use Speer Gold Dot 124grain +p hollow points and they work quite well.