PDA

View Full Version : Proud new P9 owner

Wolfpacker
03-25-2010, 07:37 AM
http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00514005.jpg

I have ordered a custom IWB Com3 holster from HBE leatherworks to wear at 4-4:30.

First trip to the range is tomorrow. Plan to run 200 rounds of PMC bronze FMJ through it along with a clip of the Hornaday Critical Defense shown.

I love this gun, can't take my hands off of it.

hsart
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00514005.jpg

I have ordered a custom IWB Com3 holster from HBE leatherworks to wear at 4-4:30.

First trip to the range is tomorrow. Plan to run 200 rounds of PMC bronze FMJ through it along with a clip of the Hornaday Critical Defense shown.

I love this gun, can't take my hands off of it.
Please post range results. Good looking P9!

In-Yo-Grill
03-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Yeah...once you've held one then it's hart not to keep fondling it several times a day. Congrats on your new pistola. Get her out and shoot it like you stole it. Put that motha to the test.

Wolfpacker
03-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys, i can't wait to get it out to the range.

Speaking of range results...this will be the first handgun i've actually shot new at a range. I've put rounds through many others that were already broken in and true to sight.

Can you guys give me some tips or a procedure to follow to make sure everything is on point? What distance should i set up the target?

thanks

In-Yo-Grill
03-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys, i can't wait to get it out to the range.

Speaking of range results...this will be the first handgun i've actually shot new at a range. I've put rounds through many others that were already broken in and true to sight.

Can you guys give me some tips or a procedure to follow to make sure everything is on point? What distance should i set up the target?

thanks

Set it up at 7yrds to start and you'll be good to go. After you get comfortable with the trigger then you can move back to 10-15yrds.

Wolfpacker
03-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Set it up at 7yrds to start and you'll be good to go. After you get comfortable with the trigger then you can move back to 10-15yrds.

awesome. I also just read jocko's new kahr prep thread in the Tech section. That is a big help also.

One thing I did see on there was about lightly sanding the underside of the lips on the magazines. What is the reason for this? I know some earlier kahr magazines had trouble letting rounds come loose with any real contact, but mine seem to grip all of my rounds very tightly.

Vinikahr
03-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Congrats!

jocko
03-25-2010, 09:39 AM
awesome. I also just read jocko's new kahr prep thread in the Tech section. That is a big help also.

One thing I did see on there was about lightly sanding the underside of the lips on the magazines. What is the reason for this? I know some earlier kahr magazines had trouble letting rounds come loose with any real contact, but mine seem to grip all of my rounds very tightly.

reason for sanding under the feed lips on the magazine. But if there is a burr anywhere that willeffect proper magazine feeding, it will be there. Your not removing any metal, merely just smoothing the hell ouf of everything. Proably don't even have to do it either, but takes 5 minutes. Nice thing about doing some of these "maybe not so necessary things" is that if you do them and u then have any issues, u certainly have elimianted some of the things that might be the cause. Juse like polishing the feed ramp and inside the chamber. mostly not necessary, but I have never read of any one ever saying it is HARMFUL. Again, metally, u feel you have throughly prepped your gun.

All of those hints and suggestionson that thread came from forum members. One can choose to do some, or all or none. Most all kahrs work great out of the box to...

You have a super P9 IMO. You will love the feel and accuracy that gun will give you. Just take your time learning the loooooooong but totally smooth trigger system. IMO it is one of the best on the market.

getsome
03-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi Wolfpacker, Welcome to Kahr Talk...Thats a real nice P9 you got there...Do read the manual and Jocko's new Kahr prep thread...good stuff there....When new the Kahrs seem to run better with a little extra lube until they break in....Don't lube the striker channel but keep it clean using a spray cleaner with a tube in the clean out hole in the bottom of the slide...A little fluff and buff is a good idea with any new pistol and will save you alot of aggravation at the range...(its more fun to shoot than to fix jams)...One last thing you can do to speed up the break in is after a good cleaning and lube, rack the slide 500 times or so which really seems to help limber things up...Good luck and safe shooting!!!

Vincent
03-25-2010, 03:49 PM
No gun fits my hand like the P9/CW9. These pistols are amazingly accurate for being so light. If you intend to carry the pistol it would be hard to make a better choice.

Welcome to the Forum. Some nice and knowledgeable folks here

rkirk
03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new P9 Kahr. I have a CW9 and have discovered it is a great pistol. I think your P9 will become at the very least one of your most favored guns.

-- Richard

Phil 386
03-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Congrats on your new P9!! I bought one about 2-3 weeks ago and absolutely LOVE mine. These are just fantastic guns!

ORSalesRep
03-27-2010, 04:12 PM
AWESOME handgun! I purchased a P9 about 6 weeks ago and have put ~ 1000 rounds through it. Not a single failure. Not even during the 200 round break in. The trigger and the slide get much smoother than they already are out of the box the more you fire it. I love my Kahr. For me, much easier to conceal than my Springfield XD9 Subcompact. Did I say, I love my Kahr? Enjoy!

PaiN
03-28-2010, 06:24 AM
The P9 is an incredible carry weapon, mine is my main carry, riding is Don Hume 715 ItW and since it has night sights sits at my bedside also...in fact we're together all the time ;)
Enjoy