PDA

View Full Version : Purchased A New Kahr CW9 Today

Ward Cleaver
03-25-2010, 06:52 PM
I already have a Glock 19, and after much consideration and reading, looking for a smaller and ideal pistol for concealed carry, I opted for a CW9.

NIB $405. I though that was a really good price for it.

I now need to get an IWB holster for it, and I suppose break it in with a couple hundred rounds.

Regards,
-Ward

gb6491
03-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Congrats on the new pistol and welcome to the forums:)
Regards,
Greg

yellow-x
03-25-2010, 07:08 PM
congrats...you are going to love it!! Nice price too!

Bawanna
03-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Agreed good price. You kind of sound like it's a real chore to go blast a couple hundred break in rounds if I'm reading right. I'm always up for grabs if you need some help with that monotonous trigger time. Enjoy, you done good and me thinks you'll like it alot.

By the way you might have been a little hard on the beaver last night. Like I'm ever gonna let this go, naaah, ain't gonna happen. Beside Wally thunk it up!

Ward Cleaver
03-26-2010, 03:20 AM
You kind of sound like it's a real chore to go blast a couple hundred break in rounds if I'm reading right.

Oh no, not at all. In fact, I'm looking forward to shooting it.
I phrased it "I suppose I'll have to break it in" because I wasn't really sure if it actually needed to be "broke in." I've read a couple of posts where the poster mentions "breaking in" his Kahr, but I wasn't sure if that was actually established protocol for a new Kahr.
My Glock G19 that I bought almost 10 years ago needed no "break in," it fired perfectly right out of the box and continues to fire perfectly.
Perhaps Kahrs are machined to closer tolerances than Glocks?

Agreed good price.

When I was looking at it in the store, the price tag on it was $449.99
I actually sort of enjoy haggling with salesmen in an attempt to get a lower price on items.
I asked the manager "what's the best you can do on this price?" He told me they were taking several of their
guns (including the CW9) to a gun show this weekend in a neighboring town, but if I was ready to buy it now
he'd sell it to me at the "gun show price." I asked him what the "gun show price" was, and he sat down at a
computer and looked something up for about a minute, then told me $405. I told him I'd take it.

I didn't realize there'd be such a price difference ($45) between their store price and their "gun show price."
Perhaps I was in the right place at the right time. Perhaps their prices are marked up some to give them wiggle room
with hagglers. But, either way, I had a good feeling when I walked out of the store with the price I got.

Regards,
-Ward

recoilguy
03-26-2010, 08:03 AM
I also really like my CW9 I shot 75 rounds through it last night. 75 through my CZ P-01 and 50 through my Ruger SR9. Nice relaxing evening at he range.

The CW is a great gun accurate abd solid in your hand. I carry it every day all day long and am 100% confident it can defend me and my loved ones from harm if the situation ever came up. Get to know it shoot it clean it, practice with it. Very very good choice in a CCW.

I holster mine in this (http://www.jndtactical.com/) very good quality very reasonable price.

RCG

Bawanna
03-26-2010, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=Ward Cleaver;16625]Oh no, not at all. In fact, I'm looking forward to shooting it.
I phrased it "I suppose I'll have to break it in" because I wasn't really sure if it actually needed to be "broke in." I've read a couple of posts where the poster mentions "breaking in" his Kahr, but I wasn't sure if that was actually established protocol for a new Kahr.
My Glock G19 that I bought almost 10 years ago needed no "break in," it fired perfectly right out of the box and continues to fire perfectly.
Perhaps Kahrs are machined to closer tolerances than Glocks?

You should see Jocko's preping your new Kahr in the tech section. Very good information on getting ready for the range. Some run fine out of the box, probably most, but some need a little lapping in time. The owners manual I believe even states 200 round break in. Check it out, it's good stuff and save a lot of possible grief.

jocko
03-26-2010, 09:48 AM
ward clever: you actually broke in your glock you just didn't know it. Kahrs work like glocks 99% work perfectout of the box but every gun IMO needs some rounds through it to settle itself down so to say. The fact that your glock worked perfect out of the box might say it didnt' need break int but you really actually broke it in. Every thing new needs broken in in some shape or fashion.

Kahr jsut tells you up front, most gun companies cross their fingers and hope it does OK as designed..

mrsig239
03-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Nice price and gun!
Here in Ma, we are only allowed to buy the PM9 that is Ma. compliant and the price starts at $800. If you are lucky enough to find a preban model (made before 1996) the prices start around $450 used.

OkieGunGuy
03-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Welcome...and hope you like your CW9 as much I like mine. You sure got a great price.

Ward Cleaver
03-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Ward Cleaver: you actually broke in your glock you just didn't know it...Kahr jsut tells you up front,
most gun companies cross their fingers and hope it does OK as designed..

Jocko, I'm just beginning to learn about Kahr pistols, but I'm very familiar with Glocks,
and I can assure you that the design characteristics of Glocks are such that they require no "break in."
Go over to the Glock forum and the guys will tell you the same thing.

Regards,
-Ward

mfcmb
03-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Regarding an IWB holster: may I suggest the Comp-Tac C-TAC (Kydex on both sides) or M-TAC (Kydex on the outside, leather on the inside)?

jocko
03-31-2010, 06:22 AM
Jocko, I'm just beginning to learn about Kahr pistols, but I'm very familiar with Glocks,
and I can assure you that the design characteristics of Glocks are such that they require no "break in."
Go over to the Glock forum and the guys will tell you the same thing.

Regards,
-Ward

just that glock or no one else states in their manual to give the gun a couple hundred rounds to mate up properly before getting excited about any possable issues. . Had a new Para carry 9, that was a problem child and when talking to Para service their first question was how many rounds do you have in it and if not 500 call when you get that much through it and if the issues are still there, then we will proceed. All guns need break in, just that most and kahrs included are good out of the box, probably glocks even more as a glock is certainly not as tight as a kahr is either.

Call um break in rounds or just good to go out of the box, I would nto carry any gun that didn't have at leat a couple hundred rounds through it flawlessly, and to me I would call those break in rounds.

Going over to the glock forum is like throuwing meat to a bunch of lions. THEY ALL WANT TO EAT YOU..So I will stick here and leave the glock guys to their glocks, which by the way my G19 is the finest shooter I have ever hadf. I sold hundred of glocks whenI wa sint eh gun business, never ha done ever come back. great gun, as are alot of others..

Ward Cleaver
03-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Where are the pics?
No Pics it did not happen!

Mr. Shepherd...your opinion just changed drastically in 5 months...I understand you just want to belong!

Interesting that he Mr. Shepherd belong to the GT forum for ten years...going over to most of his
post over there...I guess in here found a better place to let loose...etc...etc...etc...

Mr. Vinikahr, again, please stop following me around this forum and
trying to instigate problems with this immature nonsense.

Regards,
-Ward

getsome
04-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Alright Vanikahr, as of this moment you're on Double Secret Probation!!!!!...:cool: