PDA

View Full Version : PM9 Disassembly Problem

Bud
03-25-2010, 08:04 PM
I am new here and this is my first post.

I picked up an unfired (but not new) Kahr PM9 in a trade. I was actually for the PM9 after reading everything about it. This my first Kahr and also my first pocket pistol. I have been carrying a S&W 3913 or 6906 for a number of years and wanted to try something smaller.

I watch the disassembly video on the Kahr website as I was disassembling the piece. I had trouble the first time in the reassembly, mainly getting the slide to go back far enough to be able top re-insert the slide stop. But I finally got it done.

Now I am on the second disassembly. I again had the video on whiule doing the takedown. Before the slide stop came completely out, the slide slipped forward. I then got the slide stop out and after playing around, I got the slide off.

The spring on the guide rod is on correctly. When I move the slide onto the frame, it will not go back far enough for me to replace the slide stop .

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

ripley16
03-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Sometimes the slide bumps into the ejector and stops moving backwards. Try pushing down on the ejector as the slide moves rearward in the last inch and a half or so.

In-Yo-Grill
03-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Sometimes it just needs a good tap with the palm of your hand to get it to go back.

gb6491
03-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Bud,
Welcome to the forums!

My CW45 has always required a slight manipulation of the trigger during reassembly.
The rear of the slide first encounters a slight resistance, then passes over the cocking cam; at this point, the slide cannot be moved any further rearward. Pressing the trigger lightly allows the slide to continue backward a slight amount and the slide stop can be installed. I believe the slide is catching on the trigger bar and the slight movement of the trigger frees it up for the remainder of the required distance. The gun operates fine when fully assembled.
Video of the sequence required on my pistol:
YouTube - cw45.WMV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41einZaqxVo)

Regards,
Greg