PDA

View Full Version : Texas to New York gun owners: come on down

aray
01-17-2013, 11:48 PM
This is really funny. God bless Texas!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/17/us-usa-guns-texas-idUSBRE90G1DA20130117

Flincher
01-18-2013, 06:27 AM
If you folks in Texas become overcrowded and need to suggest an alternate move to surplus New Yorkers, send 'em up here to North Dakota. We have all the benefits of Texas, and wonderful winter weather to boot!!:D

JFootin
01-18-2013, 07:20 AM
That is funny! :001_tt2:

I wonder if the liberals overstepping like this travesty in NY is going to end up hurting their anti-gun agenda and helping the cause of 2A freedom? Of course, I am an intelligent, right thinking person. But how many of us are there in this country? Somebody needs to tie these idiots to a chair, put megaphones on their ears and explain very slowly that THE CRIMINALS ARE NOT GOING TO OBEY THESE LAWS!

Tinman507
01-18-2013, 07:34 AM
They bought into the whole 32oz soda (pop) ban and a total ban on anything with trans-fats. What makes you think they feel a gun ban is a bad thing?

If you're willing to legislate what people can ingest and they accept it, important things like removal of Constitutional Liberty is easy.

mr surveyor
01-18-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm personally not a big fan of interstate immigration. In Texas, we already have enough immigrants from california and the northeast, and far more than we'll ever need from south of the big river. Why don't people stay put and fight to clean up their own neighborhood. Every time a "conservative" moves here (Texas) from "out west" or "up north", our native conservative values get watered down a bit more.

Tinman507
01-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Everytime a Liberal wins an election a conservative calls the moving van

http://img1.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/8/a/8ajs7yg5gr237sg8.jpg

wyntrout
01-18-2013, 08:17 AM
If all of the equity in our house hadn't disappeared since 2007, we would be trying to sell and return to Texas... somewhere out in the western half... buy a plot, and build a danged bunker home... off the grid! What really sucks, is that if my wife quits work, all of our money would come from the gub'mint... our pensions and Social Insecurity!

Wynn:(

yqtszhj
01-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Heads up Texas. You only want the ones with conservative leanings. My original home state had had a large NE influx and some of their liberal leanings have followed. Also look at Colorado and the left coast migrants that moved in. They went for Obummer in 2008 and 2012 for crying out loud.

wyntrout
01-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Maybe SOME of them will change... they must be moving for a reason and don't want to have to keep doing that!

Oh! Back in 1974 after Nav-Bomb flight training at Fort Worth, Texas, I chose Dyess AFB in Abilene, Texas. The establishment wanted me to go to March AFB in Southern Commifornia... fortunately, I had the highest class position and got to choose what I wanted... homesteading at Dyess for almost 9 years!

I had already spent 1964-1965 studying Arabic for the Air Force at the Defense Language Institute, West Coast, in Montery, CA, and later over a year at nav school in Sacramento 1972-Spring 1974. Monterey was a beautiful area and I saw some great things, especially along the coastal Highway 1. in 1965 I even borrowed a buddy's Honda 250 Scrambler and rode down to Big Sur once... great ride!

Wynn:D

les strat
01-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Please keep all libtards north of the Mason Dixon.

Thank you,
All Southerners

OldLincoln
01-18-2013, 10:24 AM
They are winning the electoral college by influxing dems into marginal red states. If the conservatives congregate in an already solid red state that doesn't help. If conservatives would relocate into swing states we might have a chance to win an election. We've learned from this administration we don't need congress and can do silly stuff like enforce illegal immigration laws by kicking them out and putting troops on the border. Declare picture ID is required to vote by tweaking the existing regs. Use the national gun registration database Obama will soon build into a voter registration database. Put the state reservists checking voter roles to make sure they aren't bogus.

If we could clean up the illegal voting and enforce swing states we might save this nation. Of course I say we, but I can't move due to the medical tether we require. Being in CA it makes me ill to know our votes are wasted in national elections but it is what it is.

muggsy
01-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Please keep all libtards north of the Mason Dixon.

Thank you,
All Southerners

Les, the difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee is that a Yankee comes for a visit and goes back home. A damn Yankee comes for a visit and stays. :)

mr surveyor
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Les, the difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee is that a Yankee comes for a visit and goes back home. A damn Yankee comes for a visit and stays. :)

and we have to listen to how they "did it back home":mad:

OldLincoln
01-18-2013, 04:37 PM
and we have to listen to how they "did it back home":mad:
That's probably why I got along with the folks in the countries I visited. I was so eager to see how they did things I that I didn't offer criticism or much as a "better way". I was amazed in those days to see what they could accomplish with "colony tools". It gave me a whole new appreciation of our early folks.

As for Texas, I got an appreciation of folks in the elements without grumbling. Kinda like our days before auto air conditioning in that was just the way it was so nobody grumbled about it.

mr surveyor
01-18-2013, 05:57 PM
my wife was adopted and raised in her birth state of Tennessee by Illinois yankees. They ended up here in NE Texas in the late 60's and never left. I had to listen to hours and hours of how they "did it back home". As expected, they never assimilated well. Mrs surv, on the other hand, became a naturalized citizen within months of landing here and you'd never have a clue she wasn't 5th or 6th generation Texan. Fortunately, her upbringing had no ill effect on her native Southern blood. :)

Armybrat
01-18-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm personally not a big fan of interstate immigration. In Texas, we already have enough immigrants from california and the northeast, and far more than we'll ever need from south of the big river. Why don't people stay put and fight to clean up their own neighborhood. Every time a "conservative" moves here (Texas) from "out west" or "up north", our native conservative values get watered down a bit more.

No kidding. Greg Abbott needs to ****.