PDA

View Full Version : First time Kahr owner from Central Florida

rmm140
01-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Picked up my very first Kahr today! Had no intention of buying one actually. I went to my LGS to pick up another gun I purchased online and while waiting for them to call in my background was looking around and saw the CM9 and instantly it started calling my name! Oh boy....well, guy comes back to finish up with the other firearm purchased and I said let me hold the CM9 and as soon as we touched....it was over. This little CM9 blew me away. It was smaller than I thought, better looking than I thought and very well built. Oh and, the trigger felt amazing!!!!

I am very impressed with it and am heading for a long range day to do some breaking in tomorrow. I've got a few new firearms to break in as a matter of fact. So, a trip to pick up one new firearm turned into two! Wife doesn't know yet but she will find out tomorrow at the range lol! :yell: The yelling will be worth it!!!

Only issue I have is that it only comes with ONE mag! Gah! Now, I have to try and find some in this panic buying craze that is taking place. :rolleyes: Luckily, it's not a high capacity mag but so far, I haven't found any in stock so....:(

Anyhow, I live in Central Florida and look forward to checking this forum out!

Thanks!

Geobob
01-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Hello, Rmm, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

JFootin
01-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the forum, rmm140! :) There is a wealth of valuable information in the New Member Area (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56) and the Kahr-Tech (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) sections of the forum.

And welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! :D Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Smilies/BigSmily.jpg

stickbow9
01-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Welcome from Monroe, Washington. I didn't read if you saw the new Kahr prep and lube stickys in the new member area, but several members went along way to ensure that we have adequate info on how to properly prep our guns before shooting. I did this and am extremely happy that I did. Be sure to check these out.

Flincher
01-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Welcome from North Dakota

rmm140
01-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Welcome from Monroe, Washington. I didn't read if you saw the new Kahr prep and lube stickys in the new member area, but several members went along way to ensure that we have adequate info on how to properly prep our guns before shooting. I did this and am extremely happy that I did. Be sure to check these out.

Yes, I saw it last night actually. After I posted. I have to admit, when I started reading it I became overwhelmed thinking oh great, I just bought a new firearm that is going to not run properly out of the box and that I have to put a lot of work into it before being able to shoot it. Then I started thinking I just spent $400 on a $200 keltec or taurus pos type firearm that has to be sent back to the factory before it shoots properly. I'm just being honest here. I'm used to H&K's, Glock's, M&P's, Sigs that all ran perfect right out of the box. I didn't have to make sure the factory put the mags together properly, etc etc etc.

Well, I didn't go to the range today instead I spent time with the CM9 taking it apart and following the instructions that were put here. A lot of time was put into those I can tell and I am greatly appreciative!:cheer2: I really didn't mind pushing forward the range day as the CM9 is such a nice looking and feeling firearm. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase and as of now am not feeling any buyers remorse and know that Kahr is a quality weapon. I eagerly await putting well over 200 rounds through it tomorrow and hopefully will have a problem free trip! I'm not really an impulse buyer but when I saw this Kahr and fondled it, like I said before, I couldn't help but bring it home.

In any event, thanks for all the time spent in making what was made for us newbs to make our first outing with the firearm a great one!:D

rmm140
01-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the forum, rmm140! :) There is a wealth of valuable information in the New Member Area (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56) and the Kahr-Tech (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) sections of the forum.

And welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! :D Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Smilies/BigSmily.jpg

This, is a nice freaking badge!!!! :D:D:D:D

Booker T
01-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Welcome rmm140 and Congrats on a great buy. The upside of doing all the prep on these Kahrs, is that you really get to know your pistol and how everything functions together.

I think you'll find that the problems some people have are more the exception and not the rule.

These CM9's really are great pistols and at a great price.

rjt123
01-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Magazines are tough right now. They're a bit more expensive than they ought to be, but you can always buy them directly from Kahr's website.

nuke
01-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Welcome from WEST central Florida, neighbor! I have a CW9 that'll be in my posession Wednesday evening and I have , 8 rd mags hopefully on their way next week, too. Hope you can find some "decent" ammo to break her in with. Ammo is tough to find at the moment.

rmm140
01-20-2013, 05:04 PM
I am home from the range trip. I would like to say that this little CM9 is freaking awesome!! I put 250 rounds of S&B and 50 rounds of Magtech through the CM9 without a single issue. This gun was flawless and I am ecstatic over my purchase and the performance of it.:D:D:D

My only complaint was with the front of the receiver on my fingers. After about 140-150 rounds, it became a noticeable discomfort from them. They are a bit to sharp and irritated the crap out of me but I still put 300 rounds through her! I saw someone else mention this and iirc they ordered traction grips I think so I am going to look into that. However, it was only after three boxes of ammo that it became irritating so I don't know.

I was also impressed with the accuracy of the CM9 being it's a small firearm. I went out to 10 yards with it towards the end (even though my hands were getting the crap kicked out of them lol) and was keeping it in a decent group. Did I mention I am ecstatic with this CM9? :p:p

It took some time with only one darn 6-round mag but hey, gotta do what ya gotta do! In fact, I only loaded 5 at a time. I was kicking myself in the rear because I forgot my Maglula loader!! GAH!!! Oh well... Also, towards the end, I noticed the mag plate became easy to slide. I could barely touch it and it would want to slide of, loaded or unloaded. Is this common? Is there an easy fix or??

I did find two brand new 7-round Kahr mags with the finger extension's on Ebay this morning for $69 plus $5 shipping and went ahead and purchased them. One mag I was watching went for over $50 last night so I thought it was a decent deal. I could order from Kahr for $40 each plus shipping for the 6-round mag or go this route and save money and get a higher capacity at the same time so the 7-round mags it was!!

Great firearm, can't wait to get the SD ammo in and test that out and then start carrying this bad boy!

On a funny side, I was breaking in a new M&P 40 full size today as well and it was flawless until I loaded up some of Underwood's Hornady xTP ammo. It doesn't like it one bit. I was shocked. Never had any issues with my M&P's before on anything I have fed them. I ordered some Buffalo Bore Gold Dots when I got home so hopefully it likes the Gold Dots! I just thought it was ironic that the gun I wasn't worried about having any issues was in fact the one that I had a slight issue with. Oh well, crap happens!

Anyway, my :yo: to the folks here who put together the info for us Kahr newbs as it made my first range trip a success!! I look forward to learning more about this CM9 from this forum and getting to know you all as well.

Thanks again!! :D:D

rago
01-20-2013, 05:08 PM
i know im being selfish, but i cant help it.

rmm140
01-20-2013, 05:45 PM
I just ordered some Talon Grips. Based on a review from another new CM9 owner, it seems as though it will fix the issue!!