PDA

View Full Version : General Brand Specific Question

stickbow9
01-19-2013, 08:55 PM
How many of you are brand particular with your firearms? I am not, I own several Taurus pistols and now the CM9. I really am a fan of firearms in general, but I do have several pistols of each brand that I would consider on my short list. Just wondering how many of you are like me and how many of you are the opposite and only buy one brand?

I am not interested in brand bashing, just curious for your opinions.

AJBert
01-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm more interested in owning as many different brands as I can rather than collecting many of one brand. I forget the total of different brands I have (of all types of firearms) but I think it was around 18 or so.

There is one in particular that I've been on the look out for, Stevens side by side shotguns. I'm all the way up to 2! A 12ga I grew up with and a 20ga I aquired last year. Had a .410 come in the other day and hope to aquire that one as it is of the correct age ('60's to early '70s) that I am interested in. About the only firearms I am interested in "collecting" at the moment. They have to be shooters, though, not safe queens.

les strat
01-19-2013, 09:40 PM
There are particular brands I like for certain types of firearms.

Semiauto pistols - I really love Glocks.

Revolvers - hands-down S&W. Wouldn't kick a Ruger blackhawk out of bed unless I was shooting it in the floor though.

Bolt action - Savages. Their barrel design and accuracy is phenominal.

AR's - Colt all day long.

I don't really think any one brand makes the best of every type firearm.

Bawanna
01-19-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm extremely particular about my firearm choices and desires. Not just any brand or model will do. I do lots of research and investigation prior to every purchase.

My criteria are very stringent. If you load a cartridge in the back end and it makes a loud band sound and spits a bullet out the front end that's a gun on my list.

I even like ones that you load the bullet in the front end and it spits em back out the front end, want all of those too.

ripley16
01-20-2013, 05:00 AM
I'll buy almost any gun if I have a desire to add it to my collection, (and can afford it). There are some brands I'm more partial to because I enjoy shooting those guns, but purely from the collector's standpoint, any gun is a good gun to own.

I have gravitated towards, HK, Walther, Sig, Beretta and Kahr as the guns I like to shoot. The HKs and Berettas are perhaps my favorites and I might add most reliable. The Kahr brand is the most numerous in my collection with eight.

I'm open to any brand except those I consider not well made, safe or financially speaking, bad investments, such as Jennings, Bryco, Hi-Point, Jimenez and the like.

Some of the brands I've gone for are; American arms, Llama, Sphinx, Colt, FN, Bersa, CZ, GSG, Seecamp, Daewoo, Firestorm, Glock, S&W and Browning. Though not a brand per se, every collection should include a Makarov. There are many more I'd like to add but time and money hinder me.

JFootin
01-20-2013, 10:55 AM
I am very picky and not brand specific. 4 guns. 4 brands: Kahr, S&W, Taurus and Walther.

Barth
01-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Like with most questions. The answer is it depends.

With revolvers I am brand specific.
I'm a classic Smith and Wesson, pre-lock, pre MIM, guy.
All four of my revolvers are of that type.

With autos I'm more open minded.
I'll do my research and go with whatever fits my needs.
Often the better makers will excel at, and be know for, a specific model(s).
My Sig Sauer P220 45 is a good example.
Kahr specializes in single stack micros.
I'd like to think my MK40 Elite is one of their best.
HK45C was adopted by the United States Naval Special Warfare Command in September 2010.
Owning one seemed like a fine idea.

As for the evil black rifle.
I did my research and went with a 100% Bulgarian Arsenal for my only AK.
Let me be very specific about what Arsenal I mean.
Arsenal AD (Bulgarian: Арсенал АД) is a Bulgarian joint-stock company based in Kazanlak,
engaged primarily in the manufacture of firearms and military equipment.
It is Bulgaria's oldest arms supplier.

addictedhealer
01-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Kahr and Ruger. My two I favor. Love Kahr 9mm but love Rugers revolvers. The sp101 is probably one of the greatest 357 revolvers of all time. I am also fond of rugers new 1911s. Kahr makes my favorite 9mm hands down.

muggsy
01-20-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm not fussy. I'll take any gun you give me and find a use for it, but I'll only buy the best.

O'Dell
01-20-2013, 01:50 PM
I guess I'm not brand specific either.

4 Kahrs
3 HK'S
2 SIG's
1 S&W
1 Ruger
1 Springfield
1 Detonics
1 STI
1 Kimber
1 High Point [45 carbine]

That's 16 guns and 10 manufacturers.

Oh, I forgot my old service Browning HP packed away in the attic.

sharpetop
01-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Over the years I've owned Colt, Remington, Marlin, Stevens, WASR[?], Ruger, Para Ordnance, S&W, Glock, Kahr, Kel-Tec, Sterling, Beretta, Sig, CZ, Browning, and probably some I've forgotten about.

What's that, 16 differnent companies? No, I'm not exactly loyal to one brand.

Scrambler
01-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Kahrs, MK9 and K9, for carry. Ruger GP100 for revolver fun. Sig 229 in 40S&W with XS big dot for house gun. Win 1300 for turkey and home. A Rem 700, 250 AI, for deer. Savage 22lr for squirrel. After 40 years of gun trying and trading these have been the keepers. So far.

Popeye
01-20-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm not brand specific at all. There are just so many good guns out there to get hung up on one brand,caliber or type.

stickbow9
01-20-2013, 06:56 PM
That's cool, thanks for all the input. I like to hear people opinions.