PDA

View Full Version : P9 slide does not return flush

Wizard1
01-20-2013, 03:44 PM
]About 1 in 10 rounds When the gun reloads the slide does not return flush therefore unable to fire next round . I purchased a P9 last February and it's been back to the factory twice
I received it back last week and fired 100 rounds through it today
The gun has had more than a 1000 rounds put through it
I own several other 9 mm semi's and have never had that problem
Has anyone else had similar problems? Wizard1

CJB
01-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Could be lots of things. I would suspect ammo. Pull the rounds that dont chamber fully. Later, break down the pistol and see how they fit the barrel's chamber. Also see how they slip under the extractor.

addictedhealer
01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Not going into battery? Reloads?

sharpetop
01-20-2013, 05:50 PM
With over 1,000 rds through it, my first guess would be a weak recoil spring or ammo without enough power to cycle the slide, i.e. reloads.

I put a 22# recoil spring in my CW9 from www.gunsprings.com and that problem was solved.

jocko
01-20-2013, 06:16 PM
]About 1 in 10 rounds When the gun reloads the slide does not return flush therefore unable to fire next round . I purchased a P9 last February and it's been back to the factory twice
I received it back last week and fired 100 rounds through it today
The gun has had more than a 1000 rounds put through it
I own several other 9 mm semi's and have never had that problem
Has anyone else had similar problems? Wizard1

let anuuter good shooter try the gun, if he can duplicate, then u know it is not a shooter thng. u gotta eliminate some things right off. Next I would give that feed ramp a damn good repolishing with some 600+ grip paper or a dremel with some polishing compound. I would checkand rework the magazines and by that just take a bit of rolled sand aper andpolish those feed lips on the under side where the bullet touches.

U di dnot say if u were shooting reloads, if so, I wouldthen try new american brand ammo to see if u can duplicate the issues. I woulod take the adviceof one of the posters here and for sure install a new reoil spring and some have bought the 22# reoil spring listed by wolffs gunsprings for the K9 and it works fine. Agood proper lube job to using the kahr lube chart sticky should be in order.

Reading the propper prepping thread might give u some things to look at to also check out to.

My bet is to try a new recoil spring ..