PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Wild Wings Bans Guns

Tinman507
01-24-2013, 05:47 PM
http://www.inquisitr.com/440829/no-guns-allowed-buffalo-wild-wings-gun-ban-angers-some-customers/

Bawanna
01-24-2013, 05:53 PM
We don't have them around here that I know of. Apparently no great loss.

GROTMAN
01-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Can't carry in ours anyway as they serve alcohol.

MikeyKahr
01-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Our local Buffalo Wild Wings has not posted a sign. We will see what happens. I could see them losing quite a bit of business here in the South if they post.

KoolBreeze
01-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Are they going to do pat downs at the door? :D

chrish
01-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Their other food sucks anyway. Wings are OK, but I can take or leave wings. A lot of work and mess when I can just go grill a whole chicken. I'm a MAN and I eat lots of meat, not the piddley amount of meat on a chicken wing. BW3 is for the younger, hipper, college crowd. I need FOOD.

JFootin
01-24-2013, 07:32 PM
I wish when they interviewed the representative, they had asked 2 questions:

Has there EVER been an incident where patrons' safety was threatened by a person with a concealed carry permit in ANY of their restaurants?
Seeing as how criminals - law breakers will not obey this rule, and only law abiding CC permit holders will obey it by not carrying in the restaurant or by not going there, how is this going to enhance patrons' safety?

zamboni
01-24-2013, 10:02 PM
I wish when they interviewed the representative, they had asked 2 questions:

Has there EVER been an incident where patrons' safety was threatened by a person with a concealed carry permit in ANY of their restaurants?
Seeing as how criminals - law breakers will not obey this rule, and only law abiding CC permit holders will obey it by not carrying in the restaurant or by not going there, how is this going to enhance patrons' safety?

Those are 2 of the questions I will be asking the manager on my next, and last, visit. I know it is not the manager's decision, but I would like to hear his stance on the subject or see if corporate office has given them some sort of standard reply.

JERRY
01-24-2013, 11:45 PM
make your own...use Frank's hot sauce.

Barth
01-25-2013, 04:11 AM
It's just company policy.
Not a law at all.
Completely unenforceable.
Just like Gun Free Zones - LOL!

All they can do is ask you to leave.
And if you're paying for your food and not waving your handgun around?
That's not going to happen.

I tend to ignore all forms of stupidity.

Tinman507
01-25-2013, 04:21 AM
I think it comes down to wanting to support pro 2A businesses and shun anti-2A businesses. The only thing corporate America understands is a hit to the bottom line.

I go out of my way to avoid companies who turn their backs on the Constitution.

In PA, I can easily go in there carrying concealed and no one would ever be the wiser. Their corporate policy has no force of law other than if asked to leave and I refuse, I can be arrested for defiant trespass. It comes down to the principle of denying the public of their Constitutional Rights.

I firmly stand and defend their right to choose who can patronize their business. that is their right. They just won't be enjoying any of my money.

If we don't voice opposition (read: $$$$) the antis will keep chipping away at us until we will be the 21 century version of lepers.

Longitude Zero
01-25-2013, 05:20 AM
All they can do is ask you to leave.

And in most state if you refuse they can have you arrested for tresspassing. As to anti-firearms businesses it is not worth my time worrying. I just don't go there. Ranting about it is IMHO a complete waste of time as it will change nothing from a corporate point of view.

Now locaally ownede business you migh have an effect on. Corporations NOPE.

Ol'coot
01-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Simple solution for me , I will not do business with anyone that limits my 2nd amendment rights. Hit them where it will have the most impact, in their wallets.

laserfish
01-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Just one more reason not go there and leave my $$.

Flincher
01-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Their other food sucks anyway. Wings are OK, but I can take or leave wings. A lot of work and mess when I can just go grill a whole chicken. I'm a MAN and I eat lots of meat, not the piddley amount of meat on a chicken wing. BW3 is for the younger, hipper, college crowd. I need FOOD.

:eek:Yeah !! Who cares. Their food aint worth a sh...t anyhow!!:D:D

sealion
01-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Can't carry in ours anyway as they serve alcohol.

Same here..can't carry anywhere in NC were alcohol is served. Never been to one personally.

muggsy
01-25-2013, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the compliment, Chrish. I didn't realize that I'm younger and hipper. I love wings especially with good cold beer.

muggsy
01-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Simple solution for me , I will not do business with anyone that limits my 2nd amendment rights. Hit them where it will have the most impact, in their wallets.

Ol' coot, yer a man after my own heart. Hit 'em in the wallet and kick 'em in the ba...,never mind.

muggsy
01-25-2013, 01:46 PM
:amflag:

Ol' coot, yer a man after my own heart. Hit 'em in the wallet and kick 'em in the ba...,never mind. :amflag:

balok1701
01-25-2013, 03:07 PM
And in most state if you refuse they can have you arrested for tresspassing. As to anti-firearms businesses it is not worth my time worrying. I just don't go there. Ranting about it is IMHO a complete waste of time as it will change nothing from a corporate point of view.

Now locaally ownede business you migh have an effect on. Corporations NOPE.

I disagree! A few years back Ford was spending lots of advertising dollars on gay pride activities but quit after a huge backlash from various Christian and family groups getting the word out. Public pressure can work, even on the big corporations.

MW surveyor
01-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Never been in one and now won't go in one.

Here in Texas, if they make more than 51% of their sales in booze, not allowed to carry there anyway. Plus to make it official they have to post a sign that conforms to the 30.06 (yep, that's right) regulation.

mr surveyor
01-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Never been in one and now won't go in one.

Here in Texas, if they make more than 51% of their sales in booze, not allowed to carry there anyway. Plus to make it official they have to post a sign that conforms to the 30.06 (yep, that's right) regulation.

the TABC 51% and private property 30.06 are two totally different animals

laserfish
01-26-2013, 06:45 AM
Two different animals, but the two animals you have to watch for if you are carrying. The 3006 is the personal choice and the most offensive.

eklipto101
01-26-2013, 08:30 AM
Around Christmas I went to Toys "R"us and it had a sign "NCWA" and I told my family"they wont get my business" and the wife ask me why so I pointed to the sign and we turn around and apparantly one of the managers was smoking a cigarette and apologize and said he was against that since it made them vulnerable and after Christmas he was goin to find employment elsewhere, I told him " I hope nothing will happen on the mean time" and left.
You can't fix stupid.

Fxstchewy
01-26-2013, 09:35 AM
I can't because of the alcohol thing in NC but i don't like the place anyway so for me no loss.

Armybrat
01-26-2013, 10:33 AM
If you are carrying concealed, how are they going to know about it anyway?

Here in Texas if a place has the proper 30.06 or 51% signs posted, I won't do business there.

If they have a noncompliant sign posted, then that doesn't mean squat and I'll ignore it.

wyntrout
01-26-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm so happy that I live in Florida! We can go into banks and eat in restaurants without leaving ourselves unarmed and vulnerable to "Luby's-type Massacres". I don't have to be a sheeple to have wine with with my dinner. It's much better since we got the "Merlot to Go Law" and don't have to chug what's left in the bottle or leave it behind!

You ARE responsible for your actions as a responsible adult, though if you imbibe and do anything with your weapon... and your sobriety will be in question... but, at least I can still defend myself IF the need arises!

Wynn:)

Tinman507
01-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Same here in PA. No Nanny crap to govern my adult actions.

I'm a big girl now and can make real decisions.