PDA

View Full Version : Discussion on the Constitution and power

TheTman
01-25-2013, 10:04 PM
This is on the Alex Jones channel, but has a less animated host discussing 2nd Amendment and other Constitutional issues with David Zuniga, author of "America Again". The topic is how to go on the offense against the government, instead of being on defense all the time.
He brings up some good points, and talks about some things I was unaware of, and about the violations to the Constitution by various groups, including the ones Federal Government has continued since the Civil War.
He discusses how to use the Constition as the basis to restore the rights of the States and people, legally and bloodlessly. The people and the States have to be willing to step up though, it's not going to get done by it's self.
It's a much more positive message about restoring our rights, than many other frustrated people are expressing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z30A_aOORmA

muggsy
01-26-2013, 07:08 AM
The points made were good, but this guy has to work on his delivery. Not many have the courage of their convictions. Most can talk the talk, but few can walk the walk.

TheTman
01-26-2013, 10:22 AM
How would you have him change his delivery? I like that he remains calm and cool, instead of getting all bent out of shape and ranting like some others do.

I went to the AmericaAgainNow.com website, it costs 49.00 to join. Maybe to pay for the software for the Indictment Engine? It sucks that it costs money to join the site.
I do like his idea of putting our congresspeople on trial in their respective states for state laws they have broken. I agree that once that starts happening, then we might see some change. Legally and with no armed rebellions or anything like that.

Here's something from the video that has been overlooked since the Civil War:
WE are the Military! Assault weapons are for US.

From the constitution:
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;.......

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall b...e for a longer Term than TWO YEARS;
(In other words, No Standing Army)

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the MILITIA to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

WHO IS THE MILITIA?

"(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are —

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

yqtszhj
01-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Here's something from the video that has been overlooked since the Civil War:
WE are the Military! Assault weapons are for US.

WHO IS THE MILITIA?

(b) The classes of the militia are —

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

exactly. b2 is us.

Most people don't know what a militia is. It ain't the freaking army or military.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

mr surveyor
01-26-2013, 05:56 PM
so... what about us old guys? we ain't got no militia rights?

yqtszhj
01-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Back then 45 was old as dirt. I figure everyone is good up to 80 now. Make the old geezers ( like im getting to be) useful and let us sit in wait for some action.

Can you see a general Jocko???

Tinman507
01-26-2013, 06:26 PM
http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4edfcaf7eab8ea0f16000001-900/union-lt-general-winfield-scott-1824-1886-old-fuss-and-feathers-was-already-a-hero-by-the-time-the-civil-war-rolled-around-but-was-too-old-to-command-troops-from-the-field-he-would-devise-a-much-maligned-anaconda-plan-that-the-union-rejected-but-actually-used-in-the-western-theater.jpg

TheTman
01-26-2013, 08:05 PM
I imagine older guys are eligible to be in the Militia, they just weren't required to be in it. That was probably considered too old to be required to be out fighting in battles at the time.