PDA

View Full Version : Police deal with this-How?

knkali
01-30-2013, 10:32 AM
It would be hard not shooting someone responsible if I found this:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/30/16769952-nm-couple-arrested-after-8-year-old-girl-found-locked-in-cage?lite

jlottmc
01-30-2013, 11:05 AM
That's where the professional detachment comes in. We had a video shown to us in the academy that showed physical abuse so bad that all of us wanted to take care of the business even though it was several years past. We were asked how we would deal with it and no one instructors included had an answer. That's one of the scars that come with the job.

Longitude Zero
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
You may want to do it but you don't. Sadly in my 30+ years of duty I have seen FAR, FAR worse than this.

knkali
01-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Wow..I couldnt do it. Seeing stuff like that would make me physically sick. I can see blood and gore but when I see the degradation of humanity to frank brutality of the innocent and weak like this stuff....:eek:

Bawanna
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
As Longitude mentioned and Jlott will learn in the near future, this was hardly worth reporting.

Even as a lowly civilian office puke here I've seen a hundred cases in our little podunk town that make this incident look like a trip to the ice cream store. (sorry Jocko, I know that's a sensitive area for you personally).

There's a lot of extremely ugly in the world and they have to look at it and deal with it every single day. Usually with one arm tied behind their back, a rule book the size of an encyclopedia collection, and mandated to keep a smile on their face and don't offend anyone. Make the dept look good.

7shot
01-30-2013, 11:38 AM
the human species at its lowest form...makes me sick!

downtownv
01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
And they seem like very well mannered folk, simply living the good life, in their trailer park home......

muggsy
01-30-2013, 12:16 PM
We had a similar case in Ohio where the parents only caged the child at night to prevent the child from burning the house down while they slept. They were relieved of the child and both did time in prison. They said that they had gone to the state for help with the child to no avail. They had four other foster children. To this day I haven't been able to figure out if they were good people gone astray or just low lives.

jocko
01-30-2013, 01:11 PM
fokk just look at the two adults. creepy is as creepy looks.
It wold be easy to dole out justice here, just lock the fokkers in that same cage. course it in mexico to so we know it happens alot. value of life in Mexico is not very much. a shame.

knkali
01-30-2013, 01:38 PM
As Longitude mentioned and Jlott will learn in the near future, this was hardly worth reporting.

Even as a lowly civilian office puke here I've seen a hundred cases in our little podunk town that make this incident look like a trip to the ice cream store. (sorry Jocko, I know that's a sensitive area for you personally).

There's a lot of extremely ugly in the world and they have to look at it and deal with it every single day. Usually with one arm tied behind their back, a rule book the size of an encyclopedia collection, and mandated to keep a smile on their face and don't offend anyone. Make the dept look good.

no doubt a tough job. I can see why LEOs burn out

yqtszhj
01-30-2013, 03:07 PM
It would be hard not shooting someone responsible if I found this:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/30/16769952-nm-couple-arrested-after-8-year-old-girl-found-locked-in-cage?lite

New Mexico? I bet they voted for Obummer too. Anybody want to dispute that? Hang them.

Armybrat
01-30-2013, 05:16 PM
Well, my son who is the VP of a major regional bank based in Texas told me of a recent tragic case about one of their board members.

The fellow was a well to do rancher who lived south of San Antonio. Seems that some gangbanger from that city went down to his ex-girlfriends place out in the boonies and shot the place up. In his haste to leave the area, he ran off the rural road and wrecked his car.

Along comes the unsuspecting bank board member driving into town, and being the nice concerned citizen, stopped to see if he could help. Said gangbanger just up and shot him dead for no reason at all.

Anyways, the bad guy was quickly caught and arrested by the local sheriff....who just happened to be the brother of the dead victim. Not too long thereafter, the "alleged" killer somehow "escaped", but was later found dead - shot once through the head from an apparent suicide.

Sometimes the law may not be served, but justice is satisfied.

Just sayin' :)

jocko
01-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Ok I can buy that story, case closed. "escapee escapes and shoots himself 6 times" Just sayin