PDA

View Full Version : New Barrel arrived-PM9.....

Dinger
03-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Ian is first-rate in my book! Got me a new barrel in a matter of a couple days. The plating even looks better than that on the original barrel. Took it out and shot some targets. Now I'm gonna take a shower, get my fresh bottle of RIPPLE, and enjoy..............Life is gooooood!!!:D:p:001_tt2::roll:

jocko
03-30-2010, 04:53 PM
good for you Hum Dinger...

Dinger
03-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Actually, I embellished a bit about the Ripple. More like Ice Tea.... :lie: I figured I'd get more of a response from mentioning the Ripple.

Jocko- There is a notable difference between the plating on the old barrel & this new one. The feed ramp and chamber are mirror finished on this new barrel. The old barrel's feed ramp was highly polished, but the chamber was sort of a satin finish. The bores were like night & day. Anyway, it shoots, so now I can start carrying it.

sybo
04-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Hey Dinger, my PM9 has a serial # of IB3*** is that in the same run as yours? I just bought mine 2 mos ago, barrel looks good so far,375 rds. Need some advice please! SYBO

jocko
04-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Actually, I embellished a bit about the Ripple. More like Ice Tea.... :lie: I figured I'd get more of a response from mentioning the Ripple.

Jocko- There is a notable difference between the plating on the old barrel & this new one. The feed ramp and chamber are mirror finished on this new barrel. The old barrel's feed ramp was highly polished, but the chamber was sort of a satin finish. The bores were like night & day. Anyway, it shoots, so now I can start carrying it.

me that maybe kahr is taking alittle more prep time with their barrels. Why should we have to polish what they can do far better and faster. Nice report.

Dinger
04-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Hey Dinger, my PM9 has a serial # of IB3*** is that in the same run as yours? I just bought mine 2 mos ago, barrel looks good so far,375 rds. Need some advice please! SYBO
If it does start to flake, you can still shoot it.....It might be fine. You'll have to wait & see. Kahr will take care of it no matter if it starts to flake. Mine is IB1***, made in Sept. 09'.

wagon
04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
:der: strange .. did Kahr tell you that your IB1 is a Sept gun? My IB29xx is made in July 2009 (per Kahr's e-mail to me). Per the thread on GlockTalk, IB1xxx should probably a Jun production. http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268364. If Kahr did indeed tell you that it si a Sept production, then it is another "score" for their "wonderful" traceability.

.... and btw, my IB29xx did have the flaking issue, too.;

If it does start to flake, you can still shoot it.....It might be fine. You'll have to wait & see. Kahr will take care of it no matter if it starts to flake. Mine is IB1***, made in Sept. 09'.

Dinger
04-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Yep.