PDA

View Full Version : Obama waives law banning child soldiers

TheTman
02-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Sunday, Obama signed a presidential memo that included:
“I hereby determine that it is in the national interest of the United States to waive the application of the prohibition in section 404(a) of the CSPA [Child Soldiers Prevention Act of 2008] with respect to Libya, South Sudan, and Yemen… and the issuance of licenses for direct commercial sales of U.S. origin defense articles; and I hereby waive such provisions accordingly.”

So now these nations are free to force children 15 years old and younger into the military, and the US will provide munitions for these countries as well as The Congo.

The Child Soldiers Prevention Act passed both houses of congress with unanimous votes, and was celebrated by many groups as a great step forward in the fight to stop children from being forced to fight in wars.

Read more at: http://constitutionschool.com/2012/10/02/big-news-obama-waives-bush-law-banning-child-soldiers/

Who the hell does he think he is to bypass a law that was unanimously passed in both houses? His blatant disregard for congress is becoming ever more disturbing and more frequent. Is he paving the way for a new Hitler, I mean Obama Youth Corps?

les strat
02-06-2013, 07:25 AM
And I hear people say, "Hey, at least he's getting it done instead of waiting on Congress." Makes me want to vomit at the lack of understanding of our Constitution, the three branches, and that bills stalling in Congress is a good thing.

Hitler "got it done" too.

johnh
02-06-2013, 07:31 AM
It is blatantly apparent from the flood of new gun control legislation coming from members of one party, that they do not feel bound by Constitution or verdict. The Supreme Court clearly spelled out our rights under the Second Amendment, yet New York's politicians made law that entirely ignores the legal precedent set by those Justices. We are at a crucial crossroads in our nation's history. One of those points in time that forever determines the nature of our system of government.

ORSalesRep
02-06-2013, 07:44 AM
That AssHat Obama, wants to entirely disarm law obiding citizens of the United States of America and deny them their right to protect themselves and their children, but he is completely fine with selling weaponry to hostile nations in order to arm kids under the age of 15. Can someone please impeach this criminal of a President?

t4terrific
02-06-2013, 08:35 AM
The point of this is to further increase demand for ammo. All the manufacturers are "patriotic" and fill government orders first. If the government can increase it's own need for ammo by increasing demand abroad, then naturally there is less left for Americans. Simple really.

JohnR
02-06-2013, 08:48 AM
"Barack Hussein Obama. Mmm, mmm, mmm."

muggsy
02-06-2013, 08:56 AM
He's a peach, ain't he?

knkali
02-06-2013, 10:43 AM
We cannot control what other countries do. I care what Americans do. We can no longer police the rest of the world. There is nothing pretty about war and child soldiers are a part of that ugliness. We would better serve most areas/countries where this is a problem by keeping our nose out of their affairs to start with. After all, many of the conflicts in these countries that this executive order pertains to are mediated by our manipulation to start with. I think the problem of him side stepping our process outlined by the constitution is important to note but also why he did this is unclear and suspect. I don think he is planning a youth force here in this country. I think there could be something different. Perhaps returning a favor in some way by allowing a known violator sancuary in this country?

Armybrat
02-06-2013, 11:10 AM
From September?

How did wwe miss this?

Barth
02-06-2013, 11:23 AM
http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Hitler-youth-4.jpghttp://gulagbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hitler-youth.jpghttp://madmikesamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hitler-youth-hitler-jugend-ww2-nazi-germany-history-pictures-amazing-incredibel-images-photos-011.jpghttp://www.thelocal.de/articleImages/47313.jpg

MikeyKahr
02-06-2013, 11:28 AM
From September?

How did wwe miss this?

Election year. Lots of stuff goes under the rug during an election year.

knkali
02-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Wow I just dont see that here in the U.S. Since most do see this, I will rethink my position here and try to find why I dont see the child force thing here in this country. I thought that the executive order was for other countries not the U.S. We have age minimums here where other countries do not.

7shot
02-06-2013, 11:44 AM
after he takes away the selling of semi-auto weapons to law abiding citizens in this country he now has a created a new market for the u.s. gun makers to sell new guns too. just a thought...

Bawanna
02-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Wow I just dont see that here in the U.S. Since most do see this, I will rethink my position here and try to find why I dont see the child force thing here in this country. I thought that the executive order was for other countries not the U.S. We have age minimums here where other countries do not.

The way I read it, it doesn't apply to us. He's just saying they will not prosecute or bother leaders of those other countries (his people) because they use child soldiers.

It certainly could be a stepping stone towards allowing it here but I don't see it happening either. Course I didn't see the women in combat thing coming either.

Nothing against my more than capable cyber brides but I don't back that idea none at all either.

muggsy
02-06-2013, 12:20 PM
We cannot control what other countries do. I care what Americans do. We can no longer police the rest of the world. There is nothing pretty about war and child soldiers are a part of that ugliness. We would better serve most areas/countries where this is a problem by keeping our nose out of their affairs to start with. After all, many of the conflicts in these countries that this executive order pertains to are mediated by our manipulation to start with. I think the problem of him side stepping our process outlined by the constitution is important to note but also why he did this is unclear and suspect. I don think he is planning a youth force here in this country. I think there could be something different. Perhaps returning a favor in some way by allowing a known violator sancuary in this country?

If we don't police the rest of the world, who will? We are supposed to be a force for good in the world. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Perhaps you might want to rethink your position, Knkali.

knkali
02-06-2013, 01:51 PM
If we don't police the rest of the world, who will? We are supposed to be a force for good in the world. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Perhaps you might want to rethink your position, Knkali.

It is a tough one Muggs. I do hear you loud and clear and I have meditated on this in the past. For the most part my answer is no we cannot police the world. Too many bad people and circumstance for us to overcome. Instead, we need to focus our efforts on our country--there is plenty that can be done here along with plenty of evil to overcome as well. While the notion that we can and should police the world is a lofty one, the task isnt well defined, costly and generally unrealistic. Our empire is over reaching as it is and too big to manage on all fronts. If allowed to continue as is, we will destroy ourselves like many great empires before us. So I respectfully have to differ with your paradigm on this matter.

Bawanna
02-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I think we can police the world, I just disagree with supporting the evil and enemies of our country and supplying them with means to bite the hand that feeds them.

I used to think it would be wise to take all that foreign aid money and feed our own people, but I realized that it's mostly the same thing anymore, they just live here instead of there.

I suggest taking the foreign aid money and keeping the military strong and well supplied but not wastefully if that's remotely even possible.

knkali
02-06-2013, 02:42 PM
international affairs are seldom black or white. Many times we have intsalled a more US friendly political figure only to create backlash in other places in another time. Great intention(sic) with less than great result.

As Ron Paul and Gary Johnson said, "Foreign aid is taking money from many people and giving to a wealthy few". IOW the people of the country receiving it never see it. It is more like paying someone to be your friend. It doesnt seem to work well at doing that either. Yep spend it here instead.

chrish
02-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Excellent points by all on this one. Problem is giving money that we don't control and/or not policing the money too. In WW1 and WW2, we went in, got the job done and after the fact helped rebuild (nice of us, who else does/did that), but WE did the follow-on work as well in most cases. If we are not intimately involved in the process, then you get what knkali is talking about, just sending money and food and the ***hat-in-power in ****hole-country-in-question takes it and does as they please. Or you have the utter type of jokes we are talking about from the OP topic at hand.

If it's policing evil or policing where our national interests exist...you gotta put up or shut up and get involved, otherwise you are (at best) flushing money and material goods down the toilet ... or (at worst) providing your enemies or a neutral party with free crap that they will use against someone else or the US eventually. stupid stupid stupid.

I'm not saying stick your nose where its not welcome...but if you DO stick your nose in, best you go in w/ gun in hand or the testicular fortitude to deal w/ whatever happens.

AIRret
02-06-2013, 04:32 PM
We ALL need to pray for the health of the Supreme Court members!!!!!!

God help us if he starts appointing new justices!!!!

MikeyKahr
02-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Let's not lose balance in our critique. Obama wasn't the only offender. Romney, Gingrich and Bachman held similar positions on the policy.

http://www.salon.com/2011/11/13/gop_and_tp_on_obamas_foreign_policy_successes/

downtownv
02-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Who will arrest these congressmen and senators and the President for violating the US Constitution that they were sworn to uphold? Each State should be responsible for arresting THEIR person(s) that fail to do what they were sworn to do!

tv_racin_fan
02-06-2013, 05:19 PM
GOD helps those who help themselves.

tv_racin_fan
02-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Unintended Consequences by John Ross.

http://www.zjstech.net/~ddixson/Unintended_Consequences.pdf

Kinetic
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
I see many of you know little of Nazis. I don't know how you make the connection with Obama to Hitler...quite inaccurate. Nazis would have liquidated Barack, his party, criminals, your need to self arm.

t4terrific
02-06-2013, 07:13 PM

Supposed to be? According to whom? Not the founders. We are losing our own nation. Our force won't even exiat eventually. Our influence will be zilch on the rest of the world once we cease to exist.

You should rethink your position.

Scoundrel
02-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Just got myself a couple of T-shirts with this image on them. I figured that here, even if you guys don't make the connection with Doctor Who, you'll at least enjoy the image.

http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.12798974.5152/fc,550x550,black.jpg

Technically, this is a cross between the Statue of Liberty and a "Weeping Angel" statue, the like of which is often found in graveyards. But it kind of looks like a zombie too.

TheTman
02-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Heil Obama:

http://kartalk.pccomps.com/Obamayouth.jpg