PDA

View Full Version : Survivalist fortress proposed in Idaho

Scoundrel
02-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Wow. How many red flags can you count in this article?

Survivalist fortress proposed in Idaho
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20130206/NEWS02/702069963#Survivalist-fortress-proposed-in-Idaho

"There is no leader," Christian Kerodin, a convicted felon who is a promoter of the project, wrote in a brief email to The Associated Press. "There is a significant group of equals involved ... each bringing their own professional skills and life experiences to the group."

Kerodin was convicted in 2004 of federal extortion charges and illegal possession of a firearm in a case in which he posed as a counterterrorism expert and attempted to coerce shopping mall owners in the Washington, D.C., area to hire him to improve security, according to court documents.

He served 30 months in federal prison.

But if you can find him, you can hire... The K Team!

JustinN
02-06-2013, 01:59 PM
In our area we have a guy building an unusual "house (http://www.today.com/id/44607760/site/todayshow/ns/today-today_news/t/take-tour-billionaires-high-tech-castle/#.URLDumePteA)"

Seems kind of suspect to me....

Scoundrel
02-06-2013, 02:04 PM
That's pretty cool. It will be hell on cell phone reception though. Those tiny wires inside the concrete will act as a Faraday cage, blocking cellular signal. I wonder if he's thought of that.

Edit: The concrete itself is no picnic for cellular reception, either.
It will probably also block other things, like x-rays, infrared, etc. Hmmm.

Bawanna
02-06-2013, 02:17 PM
And tinfoil, don't forget tinfoil. What if they mixed some tinfoil in with the concrete, might create a force field.

I had a plan worked out for a house when I almost moved to Missouri late last year. It would appear normal enough from the outside but had some nice features inside.
Course no one would see it as I planned to put it smack in the middle of the 96 acre family homestead. Got out of the family and the guy didn't lose the place so now I got plans in my head with no location at this point.

muggsy
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Will you fellas excuse me, I have to go clean out my underground bunker. :)

wyntrout
02-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Jim Jones or David Koresh ring any bells??

Wynn:)

QuercusMax
02-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Red flag# 1 is failure to keep a low profile, to avoid unwanted attention.

Thank goodness it's a long way from my compound ... I mean ... house.

Most of the really weird stuff in Idaho is up in the Panhandle, by Canada.

Bawanna
02-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Only problem I see is 2 to 3000 acres and 7000 familes???:eek:

My plan is 7000 acres and 2 families.

I'm glad I didn't like kool aid on that whole Jimmy Jones thing. Fools..........

QuercusMax
02-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Only problem I see is 2 to 3000 acres and 7000 familes???:eek:

My plan is 7000 acres and 2 families.

I'm glad I didn't like kool aid on that whole Jimmy Jones thing. Fools..........

Pretty close to my plan, except I don't see any reason for the 2nd family.

Bawanna
02-06-2013, 08:30 PM
I was just thinking of that myself but I keep thinking of Alfonse, or Old Lincoln or Melissa or about 150 others here that might want to be neighbors.
I was gonna say Jocko but I got enough horses and the temptation to sneak next door and steal his watches and ride his Gold Whiner might be too great.

AJBert
02-07-2013, 09:12 PM
As strong of a fortress this fella is building, I've seen what bunker buster bombs have done to "bomb proof" facilities.

Still, much stonger and just a touch bigger than my meager household!

wyntrout
02-07-2013, 09:15 PM
With regard to this guy's past "enterprises", I would say that he's trying to scam some more gullible victims. This has BIG SCAM written all over it!

Wynn:)

JohnR
02-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Here's Mike Vadebaugh's take on it. He calls them scam artists.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/02/critique-of-citadel-from-idaho-truth-be.html