PDA

View Full Version : 2A vs. Bloomberg's Money & Obama's agenda

muggsy
02-07-2013, 06:09 AM
A fireside Chat with David Keene President of the NRA. Listen to it in it's entirety and learn why I'm a Life Member of the NRA and why you should be a member.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/2nd-amendment-vs-bloomberg-obama/

TheTman
02-07-2013, 04:58 PM
I was a member for many years. When my income dropped, and I wasn't able to donate much money to them, It got uncomfortable to have to turn them down repeatedly when they called wanting more money. They kept calling every couple weeks with some new thing they needed money for, and after explaining my circumstances repeatedly, and asking not to call me so often, they just kept badgering me to the point I didn't renew my membership. I did join another group, but at least they only solicit via email. They have my support, but It just bothers me to have to turn them down for money all the time. If I could join without the constant phone calls, or if my financial situation improves, I'd consider joining again.

muggsy
02-07-2013, 05:06 PM
I was a member for many years. When my income dropped, and I wasn't able to donate much money to them, It got uncomfortable to have to turn them down repeatedly when they called wanting more money. They kept calling every couple weeks with some new thing they needed money for, and after explaining my circumstances repeatedly, and asking not to call me so often, they just kept badgering me to the point I didn't renew my membership. I did join another group, but at least they only solicit via email. They have my support, but It just bothers me to have to turn them down for money all the time. If I could join without the constant phone calls, or if my financial situation improves, I'd consider joining again.

I make a single annual contribution to the NRA/ILA in January of each year. When they call that's what I tell them and I do it without guilt or shame.

ltxi
02-07-2013, 05:37 PM
NRA never calls me. Opt out of that nagging crap is an option.

K.C.
02-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Great find Muggsy outstanding video!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TheTman, nothing worse than commenting in someones post without observing what they intended to be seen. Your post is a distraction to a really good interview.

WR Monger
02-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Speaking of Bloomberg's money, would be nice if a billionaire Rep, would counter. I would if I was in that position.

AJBert
02-07-2013, 09:07 PM
I must say I really like the connection of Obummer being behind the "citizens" having a right to stand up to a tyranny in other countries but wants to disarm this country.

I believe that could be called an oxymoron?

The one part I didn't like, which is the very last and why I still have mixed feelings about the NRA, of which I am a member, is they don't care about how any politician votes on any other matter other the 2A issues. There are MANY other issues out there than the 2A.

I mean, I like firearms but I don't like spinach. Does this make me anti-farming? I do like lima beans, so where does the NRA stand? As long as I support firearm ownership I guess I get an A. This is the part of the NRA I do not like.