PDA

View Full Version : Slide releases when mag is tapped

BelRockCityGirl
02-08-2013, 11:41 AM
I just got a new cw9 and was wondering about something. When the slide is locked open and I tap in a new mag (loaded) it auto closes and loads one in the chamber. It does it consistantly, I have only about 200 rounds through it, but has done it since the beginningexcept maybe 3-4 times. Is it designed to do this? I know the manual says to use the slide relase for the first 250 rounds and not to rack it...

jocko
02-08-2013, 11:52 AM
if u rack it fast and hard, it can do that. to otehrwise I would assume the slide lock lever springhy needs some adjustment. Look on the kah tech section under cw45 fixes and just scroll downuntil u see that slide stop springhy and read

BelRockCityGirl
02-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Thanks Jocko. Not sure you understood though. I am not racking it at all. The slide is locked open, not loaded, no mag in well. When I tap a loaded mag into the gun the slide automatically closes and it chambers the first round. As much as I like that it does that, I am not sure it is supposed to.

jocko
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I knew that after I sent the thread post even. but my statement was towards an open slide and kinda slamming in the slide. I can do that eery time with my G19 if I so desire. If I ride the slide in sensiabilty, it doesn'thapen.

Now I will tell you this. some love what ur gun is doing to. It eliminates one step to the BANG thing, You did not state either how many rounds u have shot out of the gun either. srpringly how things seem to level out after a couple hundred rounds
Also if u so desire, a call to kahr or an email to kahr attn. Jay state ur case and what it is doing etc. They ight determine a new slide stop lever is required. U gotta start somewhere.:Amflag2:

Bawanna
02-08-2013, 12:39 PM
She said 200 rounds you old goat!

But what you said still applies. The slide lock spring needs a tiny adjustment. It's not putting enough pressure on the lever to keep it in place.

As Jocko meant to say, if you slam the mag in you can sometimes make it release the slide but it should not do that with a gentle mag loading.

jocko
02-08-2013, 12:43 PM
old goat, huh. u will pay for that, and u know what the hell I am talking about to. Just sayin

Bawanna
02-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Don't send the pony head postage due this time ok? I'm kind of poor right now.

Perhaps you could tell us what size torx driver Belrockcitygirl needs to adjust that spring. I can never remember that stuff.

jocko
02-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Don't send the pony head postage due this time ok? I'm kind of poor right now.

Perhaps you could tell us what size torx driver Belrockcitygirl needs to adjust that spring. I can never remember that stuff.

#5 and Fed X is the only one who mails such stuff..

nuke
02-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Off topic, but you two are too much! LOL!

Nimrod
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
To answer the question, no the CW9 is not designed to automatically release the slide when a loaded mag is installed. I believe Bawanna is correct. It sounds like the slide stop spring needs adjusting. If you don't already have a torx driver, you can buy a small set at Auto Zone.