PDA

View Full Version : Wade’s Eastside Guns in Bellevue, WA being sued over lead exposure

Scoundrel
02-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Two dozen workers had symptoms of excess lead exposure during expansion of the firing range at Wade’s Eastside Guns in Bellevue. One described looking “like the Tin Man when you get it on you.”

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020353191_gunrangeleadxml.html?prmid=obindomain

Bawanna
02-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Wow, I've never been fond of Wade or the majority of his employees but I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

I dreaded dealing with L&I during my construction life, very difficult people to get along with.

I mostly hate the thought of all the people that go to that range having to come to the ones I go to. Already crowded enough.

bob98366
02-18-2013, 12:17 PM
I shot at Wade's during construction and noticed at the time the very high and uncomfortable flow of air ducted right at the shooter's stands. Makes sense now. Glad I had a thick jacket on because it was quite cool.

Longitude Zero
02-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Lead is an issue at most ranges. Fortunately where I shoot installed a high capacity air filtration system several years ago to lessen/eliminate lead issues.

ltxi
02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Range air lead pollution be one of them there liberals invented issues. Just like that having to wear ear protection crap. Didn't need none of that back in the day. No finger off the trigger either, until Glocks were invented. We used to poke around in the asbestos pipe insulation in the basement, too, and play with the mercury collected out of broken thermometers. Young people today are mostly just a bunch of coddled pansies. Tinnitus is my friend...keeps me from being able to hear all the whining.

Bawanna
02-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Range air lead pollution be one of them there liberals invented issues. Just like that having to wear ear protection crap. Didn't need none of that back in the day. No finger off the trigger either, until Glocks were invented. We used to poke around in the asbestos pipe insulation in the basement, too, and play with the mercury collected out of broken thermometers. Young people today are mostly just a bunch of coddled pansies. Tinnitus is my friend...keeps me from being able to hear all the whining.

Tinnitus drive me completely bonkers sometimes. Sometimes tempted to take and ice pick and put an end to it.

Never ending dial tone. Grrrrr....

Powerwhine over.

ltxi
02-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Mine's really not that bad. Present but mostly not noticed unless I...notice it. Pretty lucky I am. Unmuffled gunfire and aircraft engines....a lot of both.

KoolBreeze
02-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Young people today are mostly just a bunch of coddled pansies.

You got that part right. A lot of them also have this huge sense of entitlement. I guess that comes from a generation or 2 of having everything given to them on a silver platter. I wander where this country will be in another 25 or 30 years.

Bawanna
02-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Tractor in my youth and drag racing in later life I think were my culprits.

My dad was just the opposite, deaf in his left and not much in his right, I'm deaf in my right and not much in my left.

I always looked over my left shoulder, he always looked over his right.

Go figure.

Course if could be listening to Willie and Waylon LOUD too. Now I just miss Reba.

Scoundrel
02-18-2013, 05:56 PM
You got that part right. A lot of them also have this huge sense of entitlement. I guess that comes from a generation or 2 of having everything given to them on a silver platter. I wander where this country will be in another 25 or 30 years.

I wonder whether entitlement is a symptom of silver poisoning...

ltxi
02-18-2013, 06:07 PM
At least by then I'll be dead. Lead dust, asbestos, mercury, pissed off ex-wives, gun grabbing liberals, etc....I don't see much hope of my getting past 80 at worst.

ltxi
02-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Tractor in my youth and drag racing in later life I think were my culprits.....

Oh, jeez yeah. How could I have for gotten that culprit.....racing. Drag racing some I'm sure, but small block modifieds in the mid-late 70's sure as hell didn't help.

Bawanna
02-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I helped some on the Modified tracks and Sprinters too, those things are bloody loud too. But who wants to me a woos and walk around with ear muffs, unmanly. The price we pay for manliness.

I even did the Bonneville Salt Flats working the pits 3 years with a couple different cars.

That was an incredible experience I'd love to repeat someday.

Don't get no flatter, kind of a wheelchair paradise cept the chair will rot out from under ya in a year or so but small price to pay.

Armybrat
02-18-2013, 08:15 PM
As we get older, my wife gets a lot quieter.

And I don't plan on gettin' hearing aids to spoil that bliss.