PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally dropped my CM9

sasage
02-16-2013, 07:37 PM
I was removing my CM9 from my pocket and it did a slow mo fall approximately 3' onto my hardwood floor. No visible damage to the gun. it struck the rear corner of the slide and I believe the sights stayed in place. The floor however has a nice dent.

I broke it down and reassembled it without issue. Took it to the range and fired 100 rds without issue except they were mostly all low left at 10 yds. Last time they were all high left at 7 yds. Anything to worry about or should I just keep practicing?

Thanks

CJB
02-16-2013, 08:14 PM
To cure that, you need to stick your slide in a padded vice, then do a slow mo close of a door hinge on the tip of your trigger finger.

Now reassemble the gun and see how it shoots.

Shark1007
02-16-2013, 09:18 PM
I'd shoot a little more before taking any action. Rear sight movement likely wouldn't cause what you describe. However, you experienced one of the more dangerous situations concealed carriers face these days "NEVER try to catch a falling gun" many folks are shot by grabbing a falling gun and pulling the trigger. Most all these days are "drop safe" and won't fire by hitting the floor.

I bet you wil be fine after a bit more initiation with that fine little pistol.

kerby9mm
02-16-2013, 09:20 PM
I always am careful not to drop any of my guns and as of yet I haven't. Sorry you dropped yours but at least it landed on wood and not concrete. Accidents happen but it sounds like your gun is ok and I'll bet you never do it again.

Longitude Zero
02-16-2013, 09:21 PM
However, you experienced one of the more dangerous situations concealed carriers face these days "NEVER try to catch a falling gun" many folks are shot by grabbing a falling gun and pulling the trigger. Most all these days are "drop safe" and won't fire by hitting the floor.

Same advice with a blade. If they fall let them fall.

Ikeo74
02-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Where was your holster when this happened?

sasage
02-17-2013, 12:39 AM
It was in its desantis nemesis holster. Not sure if it got caught up on my pocket and flipped out but it fell out and landed on the floor still in the holster.

sharpenit
02-17-2013, 04:52 AM
I was removing my CM9 from my pocket and it did a slow mo fall approximately 3' onto my hardwood floor. No visible damage to the gun. it struck the rear corner of the slide and I believe the sights stayed in place. The floor however has a nice dent.

I broke it down and reassembled it without issue. Took it to the range and fired 100 rds without issue except they were mostly all low left at 10 yds. Last time they were all high left at 7 yds. Anything to worry about or should I just keep practicing?

Thanks

I dropped mine once, and it seemed to happen in slow motion as I watched in horror. The butt of the grip hit the floor first, with the muzzle appearing to be looking directly at me. But there was no bang. I'm a big fan of drop safety.

JFootin
02-17-2013, 07:53 AM
CM9s are pretty solid little guns! The only weak spot is the plastic front sight.

Get a Stays-Put Pocket Holster (http://www.concealmentspecialties.com/products.html) for it. Just $14.95 shipped and, as the name says, it will stay put when you draw better than the Nemesis or any other pocket holster I have tried.

kerby9mm
02-17-2013, 09:22 AM
I never pocket carry and this thread is another reason that until now I didn't think of.

jocko
02-17-2013, 10:23 AM

Thanks

I can'tvisulize any kahr sight moving by dropping it Besides it would effect leftand rights not up and downs. More shootin is probalby needed.U didn't hurt a darnthing by dropping it, utter than maybe ur pride.:Amflag2:

Ihave carried my PMJ9 in a desantis for over 5 years, so much that the felt like outter covering is almost gone. WhenI walk into my home, the entire gun inside the holster comes out of my pocket in one peace, I never try to take the gun out first and then the holster. Just a safety precaution Ihad started back when. as U know that pocket carry is not the fastest area to draw out of, so common sense has to prevail and I guess in my case the less I have to actually draw the gun out of that holster the better I feel about it. In a SHTF situation, , well u just never know. If I wanna take that gun out for any reason other than in a defense situation. the entire gun inside the holster comes out as one. At my age my two little boys are still functional and I wanna keep um that way,just in case Pelosie corners me some dark night, THEN and only then will I shoot my two little boys MYSELF.:Amflag2: Just sayin

kflo01
02-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Gun is designed to be dropped. No combat pistol should be babied so much that there is a fear or marring its looks because it was dropped on the ground.
Unless we are talking about 3000, 4000 dollar guns not really meant for combat but glocks, sigs, kahrs, s&w's if they drop on the ground no big deal not going to hurt a thing. Just dont try to catch it from falling let it hit the ground.

Thanks

muggsy
02-18-2013, 01:46 PM
You guys are a bunch of wimps. I routinely practice my juggling act with loaded hand guns. I plan on taking my act to the high wire next season when the circus comes to town. :)