PDA

View Full Version : New from Oregon

egt9x19
02-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Hello from western Oregon. I have just started shooting again after many years of little or no shooting. I shot on the Ft. Benning Post Pistol Team in '68, as opposed to the All Army Team. The eyes and the steady hand have of course fallen by the wayside.

Recently bought a CW9 so I thought I would join a forum. Have had a TZ75 for many years that I love to shoot but just too big to carry, in case I decide to do so. Started looking for a smaller gun about a year ago. Shot and liked a K9 but too spendy and the trigger just wasn't that good compared to my TZ. As I discover not much does. Looked at the Shield but couldn't try it. Looked at Taurus, Sig, Ruger, Kimber and others, but too expensive, small, bad trigger, etc. Finally came back to Kahr and tried the CW9.

Due to the great 9mm ammo shortage I have only fired 100 rounds of PMC Bronze thru it. Not a single problem. Quite accurate at 7 yards even with rapid fire and off-hand.I have ammo coming and after I fire it I will try some of my self-defense ammo.

I have some questions about front sights and mag release but I will read thru the posts since they have probably been asked already.

AIRret
02-18-2013, 06:02 AM
Welcome aboard egt9x19! You picked a great forum to join. The people here are knowledgable and always willing to help.
There is a new member area that will answer many of your questions, and if that doesn't
cover everything (I always have lots of questions) ask your questions on the forum.

Yogi 117
02-18-2013, 06:10 AM
Welcome from up Salem way. The CW9 will serve you very well. Enjoy the forum, great place to find answers to your questions. :D

ParrotHead
02-18-2013, 06:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/waving1.gif

Flincher
02-18-2013, 06:36 AM
Welcome from North Dakota

MacKenzie
02-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Howdy! Your CW9 will make you a happy camper. Welcome!

Tyranta
02-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Welcome aboard! I had considered going with a CW9 myself, but ammo availability was a big factor for me, so I went with the 45. Enjoy your new gun and hopefully you have a decent supply of ammo!

QuercusMax
02-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Welcome!

I'm not from Oregon, but I am in your state at the moment on vacation.

yqtszhj
02-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Welcome aboard! I had considered going with a CW9 myself, but ammo availability was a big factor for me, so I went with the 45. Enjoy your new gun and hopefully you have a decent supply of ammo!

Good luck finding .45 now, for a reasonable price anyway.

Tyranta
02-20-2013, 10:22 AM
You're right yqtszhj, but expensive ammo you can get for the .45 is still better than slightly cheaper ammo you can't get for the 9mm. I don't know what .45 ammo normally costs as this is my first handgun, but around here I can get 100 round box of the Winchester white box for about $45. It's not cheap, but at least it's available for now.

Geobob
02-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Hello, egt9x19, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!